PLEASE NOTE: THIS CARD OFFER IS CURRENTLY NO LONGER AVAILABLE. CLICK HERE TO BROWSE OTHER BANK OF AMERICA CREDIT CARDS.
At a GlanceThe BankAmericard Mastercard is the balance transfer card designed for those who want a special intro rate and little else. The card features 0% intro APR on purchases for the first 15 months, plus no balance transfer fees for the first 60 days. The card also boasts no penalty APR and no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Plan to make a large purchase and use the card to pay off the balance over time
- Have existing credit card balances to combine and pay down
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
BankAmericard Mastercard ReviewThe BankAmericard Mastercard from Bank of America is a straight-forward and handy credit card for those who want a solid APR and nothing else.
0% Intro APRThe BankAmericard comes with a special 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases, plus an introductory zero-dollar balance transfer fee for the first 60 days after opening an account. $0 in fees for balance transfers for the first two months is a great feature with this card, as the balance transfer fee is usually 3% of the transfer amount or $10 – whichever is higher. As the typical APR with the BankAmericard Mastercard is very competitive for those with great toe excellent credit scores, this card is a reliable option for paying down existing credit card balances without fear of amassing further interest rates.
No Penalty APRNo penalty APR with this card further boosts the ability to pay down existing credit card debt thanks to no balance transfer fees for the first 60 days. What is penalty APR? Penalty APR is the interest card issuers charge should a cardholder default on or miss their payments. While many cards have penalty APR rates hovering around 30%, The BankAmericard has one that is 0%, meaning paying late won’t automatically raise your interest rate APR.
Finance Large Purchases Over TimeOne of the best features of the BankAmericard from Bank of America is the 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases. Introductory APR offers, such as the pone with this card, are great for those who are looking to make a significant purchase in the future and want the flexibility to pay it back over time. Usually, doing this would result in interest payments, but since there is 0% APR on purchases for the first 15 months, that isn’t a problem with this card.
Other FeaturesSince this card is a Mastercard and Bank of America product, cardholders can expect a variety of useful tools to help them make the most out of the card. Just some of the nice features that users can expect include:
- FICO Score Access: Cardholders can easily monitor their credit score thanks to complimentary access to their FICO credit score each month. While FICO isn’t an exact representation of what exists on your credit report, it uses that information to give you a score based on the critical components most lenders look for when you apply for credit.
- Online and Mobile Banking: Pretty much every credit card comes with mobile banking technology, and the BankAmericard is no different. The card syncs seamlessly with Bank of America’s app and allows cardholders to pay bills, dispute transactions, set up alerts, and more through their mobile devices.
- Enhanced Security with EMV Chip Cards: EMV chip technology is quickly gaining traction in the United States and offers an extra layer of security for in-person credit card payments.
- Fraud Protection: Cardholders don’t have to worry about fraudulent activity on their accounts, thanks to Bank of America and Mastercard’s $0 liability guarantee.
- No annual fee: Annual fees are something most people hope to avoid. Thankfully, with the BankAmericard, you’ll never be charged for the privilege of being a Bank of America credit cardholder.