Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 6th, 2021
BankAmericard® Credit Card
0% APR on Purchases for 18 Months
- Regular Purchase APR 12.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 12.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 15.99% to 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 18 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- No interest charges on purchases and balance transfers for the first 18 months from the date of account opening
- No penalty APR for late payments
- No annual fee
- Access your FICO® Score for free
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 18 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 18 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 15.99% to 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $29
At a Glance
The BankAmericard Mastercard is the balance transfer card designed for those who want a special intro rate and little else. The card features 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 18 months. The card also boasts no penalty APR and no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Plan to make a large purchase and use the card to pay off the balance over time
- Have existing credit card balances to combine and pay down
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
BankAmericard Mastercard Review
The BankAmericard Mastercard from Bank of America is a straight-forward and handy credit card for those who want a solid APR and nothing else.
0% Intro APR
The BankAmericard comes with a special 0% intro APR for 18 months on purchases and balance transfers. As the typical APR with the BankAmericard Mastercard is very competitive for those with great toe excellent credit scores, this card is a reliable option for paying down existing credit card balances without fear of amassing further interest rates.
No Penalty APR
No penalty APR with this card further boosts the ability to pay down existing credit card debt. What is a penalty APR? It is the interest card issuers charge should a cardholder default on or miss their payments. While many cards have penalty APR rates hovering around 30%, The BankAmericard has one that is 0%, meaning paying late won’t automatically raise your interest rate APR.
Finance Large Purchases Over Time
One of the best features of the BankAmericard from Bank of America is the 0% intro APR for 18 months on purchases. Introductory APR offers, such as the pone with this card, are great for those who are looking to make a significant purchase in the future and want the flexibility to pay it back over time. Usually, doing this would result in interest payments, but since there is 0% APR on purchases for the first 18 months, that isn’t a problem with this card.
Since this card is a Mastercard and Bank of America product, cardholders can expect a variety of useful tools to help them make the most out of the card. Just some of the nice features that users can expect include:
- FICO Score Access: Cardholders can easily monitor their credit score thanks to complimentary access to their FICO credit score each month. While FICO isn’t an exact representation of what exists on your credit report, it uses that information to give you a score based on the critical components most lenders look for when you apply for credit.
- Online and Mobile Banking: Pretty much every credit card comes with mobile banking technology, and the BankAmericard is no different. The card syncs seamlessly with Bank of America’s app and allows cardholders to pay bills, dispute transactions, set up alerts, and more through their mobile devices.
- Enhanced Security with EMV Chip Cards: EMV chip technology is quickly gaining traction in the United States and offers an extra layer of security for in-person credit card payments.
- Fraud Protection: Cardholders don’t have to worry about fraudulent activity on their accounts, thanks to Bank of America and Mastercard’s $0 liability guarantee.
- No annual fee: Annual fees are something most people hope to avoid. Thankfully, with the BankAmericard, you’ll never be charged for the privilege of being a Bank of America credit cardholder.
Should You Apply for the BankAmericard Mastercard?
The BankAmericard Mastercard from Bank of America might not be the most appealing credit card offering on the market today, but that’s not the role this card fills. The card is a potent balance transfer credit card that also benefits from an intro APR offer and competitive APR every day.
The care offers 0% intro APR on purchases for the first 18 months, making it a great choice for anyone who wants to finance a significant purchase over the year – without fear of interest piling up.
While The BankAmericard might not have many flashy features, it is a no-nonsense card for people that can appreciate that sort of thing. No annual fee, plus the usual Mastercard perks and protections, make this a decent option to consider for those in the market for a card with great rates – and no bells or whistles.