Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card
Get 40,000 bonus miles + Alaska's Famous Companion Fare™
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $50 for the company and $25 per card
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Annual Alaska's Famous Companion Fare™ on account annversary
- Free checked bag on Alaska flights for up to six other passengers on the same reservation
- 3 miles for every $1 spent directly on Alaska Airlines purchases
- 1 mile for every dollar spent on all other purchases
- 50% off Alaska Lounge day passes
- 20% back on in-flight purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $50 for the company and $25 per card
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $49
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
At a Glance
If you are a business owner that frequently flies with Alaska Airlines, applying for the Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card allows you to enjoy the same airline rewards as the Alaska Airlines consumer card but for a lower annual fee of $50 (rather than $75).
Ideal for Those Who:
- Own a business
- Frequently fly with Alaska Airlines
- Are looking for a mileage rewards program that can be used in connection with other carriers
- Plan to make regular international transactions
Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card Review
The Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card is a quality business credit card for companies that value miles over business-centric perks. The card carries an annual fee of $50, which isn’t excessive, but $25 for each additional employee card is a tad on the pricy side.
How to Earn Rewards
Businesses earn 3X miles on all Alaska Airlines purchases, with no limit on the total number of miles earnable. They’ll also earn 40,000 bonus miles after making just $2,000 in purchases within the first 90 days.
How to Redeem Miles
There are a variety of redemption options for miles earned with the Alaska Airlines Business Card. These awards include:
- Travel: Miles are redeemable for reward travel with Alaska Airlines or one of its partner carriers to over 900 destinations worldwide.
- Book Hotels: Bonus miles are applicable for booking a hotel stay with one of Alaska Airlines’ partner hotels through RocketMiles. Miles apply to over 400,000 properties worldwide.
- Seat Upgrades: Cardholders can also use their bonus miles to purchase first-class seat upgrades on Alaska Airlines flights when booking, checking-in at the airport, or while at the departure gate.
Alaska Airlines limits mile redemptions to bookings through Alaska Airlines only. This, however, does not mean that miles only apply to Alaska flights. Alaska has partnerships with a considerable number of partners, including British Airways, Japan Airlines, Icelandair, and more.
Alaska Airlines Perks
The Alaska Airlines Business Card provides a variety of perks to businesses and their employees. These include:
- Free Checked Bag: First checked bag free on Alaska flight for up to six people on the same reservation.
- Alaska Savings: 20% back on in-flight purchases with Alaska when using the card.
- Discount Lounge Access: Save 50% on Alaska Lounge day passes.
- Companion Fare: Accounts enjoy Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare each year on their account anniversary. This perk lets a companion travel with them from just $121 ($99 fare plus taxes).
Should You Apply for the Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card?
The Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card is a decent credit card for Alaska Airlines enthusiasts. The offer of 40,000 bonus miles is enticing, as is the promise of Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare every year. For companies that frequently send employees out of town on business, the miles can quickly rack up with the card.
As this is a business card, you also get tools to assist in the management of your company. Bank of America offers a suite of online services such as transaction downloads into QuickBooks that make life easier when handling the day-to-day tasks your company demands.
Beyond that, the Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card has little to offer a business owner. There are no reward categories for any sort of office-related expenditure, and the primary source of miles is strictly direct Alaska Airline purchases. Despite the number of airline perks this card offers, the card is not a strong option for any business owner, and they should look elsewhere.