| Last updated on September 8th, 2023
Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card
Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card
- 21.24% to 29.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 21.24% to 29.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.49% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
If you are a business owner that frequently flies with Alaska Airlines, applying for the Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card allows you to enjoy the same airline rewards as the Alaska Airlines consumer card but for a lower annual fee of $50 (rather than $75).
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Annual Alaska's Famous Companion Fare™ on account annversary
- Free checked bag on Alaska flights for up to six other passengers on the same reservation
- 3 miles for every $1 spent directly on Alaska Airlines purchases
- 1 mile for every dollar spent on all other purchases
- 50% off Alaska Lounge day passes
- 20% back on in-flight purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 21.24% to 29.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 21.24% to 29.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $50 for the company and $25 per card
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $49
- You own or operate a business
- You frequently fly with Alaska Airlines
- You're looking for a mileage rewards program that can be used in connection with other carriers
- You plan to make regular international transactions
Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card Review
The Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card is a quality business credit card for companies that value miles over business-centric perks. The card carries an annual fee of $70, which isn’t excessive, but $25 for each additional employee card is a tad on the pricy side.
New business card accounts get a $100 statement credit, 50,000 Bonus Miles, and Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare™ after making $2,000 or more purchases within the first 90 days of an account opening. This bonus is a great perk for the account manager or owner who plans to issue multiple employee cards.
Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare™ entitles the cardholder to purchase one round-trip coach companion fare on Alaska Airlines from $122 (USD) ($99 base fare plus applicable taxes and fees from $23 depending on your flight itinerary) when traveling with another guest on a paid published coach airfare on the same Alaska Airlines itinerary.
How to Earn Rewards
Earning rewards with the Alaska Airlines Business Visa is very straightforward. Businesses earn 3X miles on all Alaska Airlines purchases, with no limit on the total number of miles earnable. They also earn 2X miles for every $1 spent on eligible gas, shipping, and local transit, including rideshare purchases, and a flat rate of 1X miles on all other purchases with the card. Miles never expire if the account is open and in good standing.
How to Redeem Miles
There are various redemption options for miles earned with the Alaska Airlines Business Card. These awards include:
- Travel:Miles are redeemable for reward travel with Alaska Airlines or one of its partner carriers to over 900 destinations worldwide.
- Book Hotels:Bonus miles are applicable for booking a hotel stay with one of Alaska Airlines’ partner hotels through RocketMiles. Miles apply to over 400,000 properties worldwide.
- Seat Upgrades:Cardholders can also use their bonus miles to purchase first-class seat upgrades on Alaska Airlines flights when booking, checking in at the airport, or at the departure gate.
Alaska Airlines MileagePlan miles also apply towards award flights with Oneworld airline alliance partners. Alaska has partnerships with many partners, including British Airways, Japan Airlines, Icelandair, and more. Here’s the full list of transfer and codeshare partners:
|American Airlines||Cathay Pacific||Malaysia Airlines||Qatar Airways|
|Alaska Airlines||Finnair||Qantas||Japan Airlines|
|British Airways||Iberia||Royal Air Moroc||Royal Jordanian|
|Sri Lankan Airlines||Fiji Airways||Oman Air|
Related Article: The Ultimate Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Guide
Business Card Comparison
Airline rewards cards are an excellent option for small and medium-sized companies that frequently travel for business. But how does the Alaska Airlines Business Card stack up against another popular premium business card, the Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card?
Alaska Airlines Business
SkyMiles® Gold Business
|Annual fee||$95 ($70 per company, $25 per card, so $95 for the first card).||$99 annual fee ($0 first year)|
|Earning||Earn 3X miles per dollar on eligible Alaska purchases; 2X miles per dollar on gas, local transit (including ride-hailing) and shipping; 1X miles per dollar on other purchases.||Earn 2X Miles on purchases made directly with Delta and at restaurants, shipping providers, and on advertising purchases in select media; 1X Miles on all other purchases.|
|Airline benefits||Annual Companion Fare (each account anniversary after you spend $6,000 or more on purchases within the prior anniversary year).Free checked bag when you pay with your card.20% off inflight food, beverages and Wi-Fi.$100 off one Alaska Lounge+ Membership annually when purchased with your card.Priority boarding when you pay with your card.||Save 15% On Award Travel With TakeOff 15; First Checked Bag Free on Delta Flights + Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding; $100 Delta Flight Credit to use toward future travel after you spend $10,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year|
|Other benefits||10% rewards bonus on all miles earned from purchases with an eligible Bank of America account; No foreign transaction fees.||No foreign transaction fees|
Alaska Airlines Perks
The Alaska Airlines Business Card provides a variety of perks to businesses and their employees. These include:
- Free Checked Bag:First checked bag free on an Alaska flight for up to six people on the same reservation.
- Alaska Savings: 20% back on in-flight purchases with Alaska when using the card.
- Discount Lounge Access:Get $100 off an annual Alaska Lounge+ Membership purchased with your Alaska Airlines Business card.
Other Card Features
Other noteworthy features of the Alaska Airlines Business Visa Card include EMV chip technology for an extra layer of security when shopping online or in-store, no foreign transaction fees when using the card globally, and Visa Signature business protections:
|Zero Fraud Liability||Roadside Dispatch||Cardholder Inquiry Services|
|Lost/Stolen Card Reporting||Emergency Card Replacement||Auto Rental Collison Damage Waiver|
|Travel and Emergency Assistance Services||Purchase and Extended Protection||Lost Luggage Reimbursement|
Business owners (and account managers) will also enjoy a slew of expense management and cash flow tools. Bank of America lets finance managers manage their business with a suite of online services, including automatic payments, transfers, and downloading transactions into QuickBooks.
Bank of America Ratings
What is Bank of America like to live with as a bank and credit card issuer? Here is a selection of ratings for Bank of America:
Should You Apply for the Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card?
The Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card is a decent credit card for Alaska Airlines enthusiasts. For companies that frequently send employees out of town on business, the miles can quickly rack up with the card.
As this is a business card, you also get tools to assist in managing your company. Bank of America offers a suite of online services, such as transaction downloads into QuickBooks, that make life easier when handling the day-to-day tasks your company demands.
Beyond that, the Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card has little to offer a business owner. There are no reward categories for any sort of office-related expenditure, and the primary source of miles is strictly direct Alaska Airlines purchases. Despite the number of airline perks this card offers, the card is not a strong option for any business owner, and they should look elsewhere.
Browse Other Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.