Citi® Diamond Preferred® Credit Card
0% Intro APR for 21 Months on Balance Transfers
- Regular Purchase APR 14.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 18 months from date of account opening
- Processing Network Mastercard
- 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers
- Apple Pay® compatibility makes it easy to complete purchases
- Citi® Private Pass® grants special access to purchase tickets to concerts, dining experiences, and sporting events
- Enjoy peace of mind with Identity Theft and travel protection
- With Citi Entertainment, get special access to purchase tickets to thousands of events, including concerts, sporting events, dining experiences and more
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 18 months from date of account opening
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 18 months on transfers made within 4 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of each purchase transaction in US dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Citi® Diamond Preferred® Credit Card is ideal for placing a big-ticket purchase on or for transferring a balance, this card’s introductory 0% APR period is its most appealing feature.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Make frequent purchases to entertainment events and want priority access
- Are looking for a generous introductory 0% APR period for both purchases and balance transfer
Citi® Diamond Preferred® Credit Card Review
The Citi® Diamond Preferred® Credit Card stands out from the competition with its above-average introductory 0% APR period of 18 months. A year and a half is a long time to take advantage of zero interest charges, so if you’re considering a large purchase that will require multiple installments to pay off, this is one card to keep on your shortlist. The 18-month intro period also applies to balance transfers, and the low end of its APR range is quite reasonable.
If you’re on the right side of the credit score scale and want to move a balance to a card with lower interest payments, the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Credit Card is a safe bet. The 18-month promo period is similar to what comes with the Citi Simplicity Card., making it a reliable – and quality – choice for those with an existing balance.
Another neat perk is Citi® Private Pass® (also known as Citi Entertainment), which grants you exclusive access to entertainment and dining purchase opportunities. Through this benefit, you can buy concert pre sale tickets before they go on sale to the general public, VIP packages that are exclusive to Citi®, and you can even earn complimentary movie screening passes. For those who are big on these types of experiences, it’s worthwhile to keep a Citi® card within reach.
Other features offered by the card are expected and welcome, such as $0 liability on unauthorized charges, concierge and around-the-clock customer service, and the flexibility to choose your bill due date. There’s also Citi Identity Theft Protection, providing comprehensive ID and threat protection. There is no annual fee, although you will be charged a foreign transaction fee if you use the card abroad, so keep that in mind.
Should You Apply for the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Credit Card?
Despite the pluses described above, the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Credit Card is lacking in other popular perks, such as a rewards program or discounts. If cash back or airline miles are more up your alley, there are other Citi® options you can compare. For zero-interest payment needs, however, 18 months is tough for the competition to beat.