Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® Card
0% Intro APR for 18 Months
- Regular Purchase APR 15.49% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.49% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.49% to 27.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 18 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- No interest paid with 0% APR for the first 18 months of account opening
- Zero Liability protection ensures that cardholders are not held responsible for unauthorized transactions when promptly reported
- Comprehensive travel protection includes accident insurance, cell phone protection, and auto rental collision damage waiver
- Ideal for paying down balances and large purchases that need to be paid over time
- Free access to FICO® Credit Score
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 18 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.49% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 18 months on transfers made within 120 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.49% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Introductory fee of either $5 or 3% of the balance transfer amount, whichever is greater, for 18 months. After that, up to 5% for each balance transfer, with a minimum of $5
- Cash Advance APR: 25.49% to 27.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
At a Glance
The Wells Fargo Platinum Visa Card helps cardholders take control of their finances and pay for large ticket items over time. The 0% introductory APR for 18 months on purchases and balance transfers is enticing for anyone looking for flexibility when it comes to paying down a balance or making a big purchase.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want a balance transfer card to pay down existing credit card balances
- Are planning a large purchase they want to pay off over time
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Wells Fargo Platinum Visa Card Review
The Wells Fargo Platinum Visa Card is ideal for those looking to take control of their finances. The card, a balance transfer card, offers an impressive introductory APR for the first year and a half of membership. New accounts receive 0% intro APR for the first 18 months on purchases and balance transfers, making this an excellent option to consider should you want to consolidate your existing credit card balances into one account and pay it down over 18 months without fear of interest payments.
Having a credit card with such a long introductory APR period, like the Platinum Visa Card, also makes sense for those who are planning a big-ticket purchase and want to stagger the cost over an extended period. This option lets you enjoy the finer things in life, but without the fear of breaking the bank, as purchases can be paid off slowly.
Beyond the impressive 0% intro APR, the Wells Fargo Platinum Visa Card also offers Visa protections and features. These security features include Visa’s Zero Liability protection for any unauthorized transactions on the account that are promptly reported, My Money Map, which allows cardholders to see exactly where – and how – they are spending their money, and free access to their FICO credit score each month.
The lack of travel rewards points with the Platinum Card doesn’t mean there aren’t travel perks associated with the card. Travelers can receive a waiver for auto collision damage, travel accident insurance, and travel and emergency assistance services. Cardholders who pay their cell phone bills with the card also have their device covered against damage or theft.
Should You Apply for the Wells Fargo Platinum Visa Card?
Overall, the Wells Fargo Platinum Card is a very solid balance transfer credit card for those looking for a typically low APR and for managing existing credit card debt or balances. 18 months of 0% APR is an excellent perk for those planning large purchases, especially given the lack of an annual fee. While the card lacks the reward points that other Wells Fargo credit cards offer, it rewards users who are financially prudent, meaning it might not be a credit card for everyday use, but it is a handy tool to keep in your credit toolbelt nonetheless.