| Last updated on December 11th, 2023
Wells Fargo Autograph Card
Wells Fargo Autograph Card
- 20.24%, 25.24%, or 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 20.24%, 25.24%, or 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 12 months Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
Cardholders can earn up to 3X points on everyday purchases with the Wells Fargo AutographSM Card. The card, which features no annual fee and a year-long 0% intro APR period on purchases, earns 3X points on broad categories, including gas, transit, dining, streaming, and more.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn 3X points on dining, travel, gas, transit, streaming, and phone plans
- Earn 1X points on all other purchases
- 0% intro APR for 12 months on purchases
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months
- Regular Purchase APR: 20.24%, 25.24%, or 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 20.24%, 25.24%, or 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of the transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You already bank with Wells Fargo
- You want a lucrative credit card without rotating categories
- You don’t want to pay an annual fee
Wells Fargo Autograph Card Review
The Wells Fargo AutographSM Card is a general rewards credit card from Wells Fargo. The card offers accelerated rewards on a versatile array of categories, with no points cap or annual fee.
How to Earn Rewards with Wells Fargo Autograph
The Wells Fargo Autograph prioritizes points, giving cardholders lucrative rewards with nearly every purchase. The card earns up to 3X points per $1 spent on purchases, with those 3X points coming in the following purchase categories:
The variety of categories with the Autograph is exceptional and provides daily value for consumers. Dining, gas, and travel are standard fare with credit cards these days, but the addition of phone plans, transit, and streaming are great features that provide significant value.
Streaming is especially nice, as more and more Americans add over-the-top streaming to their viewing habits instead of over-the-air television or cable. For reference, here is what Wells Fargo considers an eligible streaming service:
|Amazon Music Unlimited
|Sirius XM Radio
All other purchases with the Autograph Visa Signature earn 1X points. There are no point caps, although points will expire. Go Far Rewards points expire at the end of the 60th month after they are earned. This means Wells Fargo Go Far Rewards expire after five years.
Related Article: The Best Credit Cards for Streaming Services
$300 Welcome Offer
New Wells Fargo Autograph cardholders can earn 30,000 bonus points after spending $1,500 in purchases in the first three months of opening an account. This welcome offer has a cash value of $300.
How to Redeem Rewards
Redeeming points with the Autograph is simple. As with other Wells Fargo Go Far Rewards credit cards, cardholders can opt to use points for the following redemptions:
- Statement Credits: Points are applicable to statement credits. These credits can help a cardholder pay down the Wells Fargo credit card account.
- Cash Back: Cash back is another option, with withdrawals from Wells Fargo Bank ATMs. Cash awards come in $20 increments and are an award option unique to the bank.
- Gift Cards: Go Far points apply towards gift cards from leading brands and retailers.
- Wells Fargo Products: Rewards apply to direct deposits to Wells Fargo banking accounts. Cardholders can also use Go Far rewards to make payments on Wells Fargo mortgage and loan products.
- Charity: Donate points to a selection of charities.
- Merchandise: Points apply to select merchandise purchases, including Apple purchases.
- Travel: Book flights, hotels, and rental cars through Wells Fargo’s online travel portal.
- Pay with Points: Shop at millions of online stores and redeem your rewards when checking out with PayPal.
Point redemptions start as low as $1 for purchases and Pay with Points and $25 for gift cards.
12 Months of 0% Interest on Purchases
The Autograph, like other Wells Fargo credit cards, also comes with a lengthy 0% intro APR period. That introductory rate of 0% applies for 12 months on purchases, with a competitive, variable rate after that based on creditworthiness.
Related Article: What is the Longest 0% APR Credit Card?
Here is how the Autograph Card stacks up against two of its closest competitors:
Choice Privileges® Mastercard®
Wells Fargo Autograph
|Earn 1X points on rent payments (up to 50,000 points each calendar year), 2X points on travel purchases booked directly with an airline, hotel, car rental or cruise line., 3X points on dining.
|Earn 5X points with Choice Hotels, 3X points at gas stations, groceries, or home improvement stores, and 1X on all other purchases
|Earn 3X points on dining, travel, gas, transit, streaming, and phone plans and 1X on all other purchases
|0% Intro APR
|12 months on purchases
|Foreign transaction fee
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the Wells Fargo Autograph Visa Signature credit card include:
- Get up to $600 of cell phone protection against damage or theft when paying the monthly cell phone bill with the Autograph.
- Wells Fargo Control tower access via the mobile app
- Contactless payment and EMV chip technology
- Voice Verification and 2-step Verification at sign-on
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee
- Visa Signature Concierge and protections
Visa Signature provides an enhanced level of service over Visa Traditional – the baseline of Visa protections. This means that Autograph cardholders can expect the following Visa protections and benefits:
|Zero Fraud Liability
|Cardholder Inquiry Services
|Emergency Card Replacement
|Luxury Hotel Collection
|Extended Warranty Coverage
|Lost/Stolen Card Reporting
|ID Navigator from Norton
|Travel & Emergency Assistance
Should You Apply for the Wells Fargo Autograph Card?
Overall, there is much to like about the Wells Fargo AutographSM Card. The card provides a generous rewards program and a decent welcome bonus to create a solid rewards card that hits the right notes.
The 3X categories with the Autograph are robust – as is the 12-month interest-free introductory period on purchases. While the welcome bonus isn’t mind-boggling, it provides solid value that doesn’t distract from the everyday value of the credit card.
Browse Other Wells Fargo Credit Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.