Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on June 2nd, 2021
Dillard’s Elite American Express® Card
Earn Up To 2X Points at Dillard’s + Free Shipping On All Orders
- Your choice of $10 Rewards Certificate of 10% Off Shopping Pass for every 1,500 points earned
- 2X points at Dillard’s (in-store and online)
- 2X points at gas stations and grocery stores
- 1X points on all other purchases
- Free standard shipping on all purchases
- Up to 24 months of interest-free financing on select Dillard merchandise
- Free gift wrapping for in-store purchases
- Monthly bonuses for double the points (4X)
- Early access to sales and private shopping events
- Regular Purchase APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a GlanceDillard’s Elite American Express® Card is a significant jump in credit card perks compared to the Classic version of the card. Cardholders will still have 2X points on Dillard’s, gas station, and grocery store purchases. Now, however, they can earn double points with special events each month for 4X points per Dillard’s purchase plus additional store perks like free shipping on all online orders – still with no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Annually spend $2,000+ at Dillard’s
- Primarily shop online or don’t live near a brick-and-mortar Dillard’s store
- Spend less than $150 per online order
- Will pay their monthly balance in full each month
- Want unlimited rewards for department store purchases
Dillard’s Elite American Express® Card ReviewThe Dillard’s Elite American Express® Card is just as special as the name would suggest. As the premier version of Dillard’s credit card, Elite status brings with it several notable perks that make this card far superior (and much more worthwhile) to the original version of the card. In addition to having all the benefits of the standard Dillard’s credit card, the Elite version has a stronger earning rate, better shopping perks and even a dedicated customer service phone line. While the card technically does not have an annual fee, to qualify requires spending $2,000 at Dillard’s every calendar year—which makes for a hefty unofficial yearly cost. Still, if you find yourself regularly spending over $150 per Dillard’s shopping trip, you’ll find a bevy of little perks that add up for a VIP shopping experience. While Elite status does not guarantee more savings at checkout, it means that cardholders will be able to earn $10 Rewards Certificates and 10% Off Shopping Passes twice as fast as their non-Elite counterparts (which still requires having 1,500 points to qualify for).
How to Get the Dillard’s Elite American Express® CardThe Elite Dillard’s credit card cannot be applied for directly. Instead, potential cardholders must qualify for the upgraded card by meeting two requirements:
- Already own the Classic Dillard’s American Express® Card (blue)
- Spend $2,000 at Dillard’s during the calendar year
Will Upgrading to the Elite Card Affect Your Credit History?Fortunately, this doesn’t appear to be the case. Everything about your card will remain intact after being upgraded to Dillard’s Elite status. This includes your card number, account history, and – for better or for worse – your current credit limit.
Signup Bonuses & Introductory OffersSince the Dillard’s Elite American Express® Card isn’t a brand-new line of credit, there is no welcome bonus or other introductory offer made to Elite cardholders.
Earning Points with Dillard’s Elite Status & Double Point BonusesSadly, the upgraded Dillard’s card does not provide an improved bonus rate for store purchases and has an identical rewards structure as its predecessor:
- 2X points per dollar spent at Dillard’s
- 2X points per dollar spent at gas stations
- 2X points per dollar spent at grocery stores
- 1X points per dollar spent everywhere
Redeeming Points for Dillard’s RewardsWhen cardholders reach 1,500 points, they will have two options to choose from for the redemption of their points – both of which offer savings on the total price at the Dillard’s checkout. A) Rewards Certificate – These are available at $10 intervals and can be used on any merchandise category (except gift cards) at both Dillard’s and dillards.com. Multiple reward certificates can be applied to a single transaction; however, it’s recommended that your purchase total is greater than your total reward certificate amount – any unused value will be forfeited. B) Shopping Pass – A 10% discount that can be used on an entire calendar days’ worth of purchases. There is no minimum or maximum purchase amount in which these coupons can be applied, however, they cannot be combined with any other percentage-off coupons. Only one Shopping Pass can be used per day, meaning that 10% discounts cannot be combined. Charges must be made to a Dillard’s credit card to be eligible for Shopping Pass use. Cardholders are automatically enrolled to receive a 10% Off Shopping Pass, however, this can be changed at any time by calling customer service. Your preferred reward type will remain intact until you choose to change it again. Note that it can take up to two billing cycles for the changes to take effect. Unfortunately, there are limitations to how many rewards can be earned in a single billing cycle as well an annual cap which puts big spenders at a disadvantage.
|Reward Type||Limit per Billing Cycle||Limit per Year|