Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Wells Fargo Visa Signature® Card
50% More Value When Rewards Are Redeemed for Airfare
- Regular Purchase APR 12.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 12.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 23.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfer
- 5x rewards points earned for up to $12,500 spent on gas, grocery, and drugstore purchases for the first 6 months and 1x points on other purchases
- 50% more value when redeemed for airfare (for instance, 20,000 points is a $300 value toward airfare redemption or a $200 value toward cash redemption)
- Free access to your FICO® Credit Score with Wells Fargo Online®
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 120 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Introductory fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater, for 120 days from account opening. After that, up to 5% for each balance transfer, with a minimum of $5
- Cash Advance APR: 23.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of each transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ – Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 – See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry – Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 – See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels – Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 – See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in Brooklyn – Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 – See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in New York – Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 – See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in West Hollywood – Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 – See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a Glance
The Wells Fargo Visa Signature® Card is a solid travel reward credit card for those who want to make the most of their spending within an introductory period. The card earns 5x points on gas, groceries, and drugstore purchases within the first six months of opening an account. After that, cardholders earn 1x points – points that are valid for five years. Cardholders also receive 0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for the first 15 months, all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel often
- Frequently spent on gas, groceries, and drugstore purchases
- Want a lengthy 15-month 0% intro APR period for purchases and balance transfers
- Want to protect your cell phone from damage or theft
Wells Fargo Visa Signature® Card Review
The Wells Fargo Visa Signature® Card is ideal for those who love to rack up points on regular spending, and then use them for traveling. For the first six months after opening an account, travelers can get 5x rewards points for up to $12,500 spent on gas, groceries, and drugstore purchases. They can also get 1x points on all other purchases.
Cardholders also benefit from no annual fee, as well as a special 0% introductory APR on both purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months. Many rewards cards offer introductory APR offers, but few can match the Wells Fargo Visa Signature’s 15 months.
Travelers who use the Wells Fargo Visa Signature® Card will reap many benefits in the form of rewards and travel protections. Points earned can be redeemed for airfare, hotels, car rentals, cruises, and cash. Points are also 50% more valuable when they’re redeemed for airfare, and they aren’t subject to blackout dates, advance booking requirements, or minimum stay conditions. One downside to the impressive point-earning potential of the card is that points expire in five years.
Cardholders can also vacation with peace of mind knowing they’ll receive trip cancellation protection, lost luggage reimbursement, travel accident insurance, and auto rental collision coverage. They’ll also have access to insider access to entertainment, sporting, and other popular events through Visa Signature benefits, plus access to their FICO credit score every month – free of charge.
Should You Apply for the Wells Fargo Visa Signature® Card?
The Wells Fargo Visa Signature®Card offers holders robust benefits and a quality introductory APR offer – all for no annual fee. The ability to earn 5x reward points on gas, grocery, and drugstore purchases for the first six months is very impressive, as is the 50% increased value when redeeming points towards airfare. While points expiring after five years is a big letdown, for those who don’t like their points to linger, the Wells Fargo Visa Signature is certainly a great option for those looking for a new travel rewards credit card.