| Last updated on December 11th, 2023
Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card
Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card
- 14.49% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 14.49% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 23.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 15 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- $150 cash rewards bonus when you spend $500 in purchases in the first 3 months
- 1.5% cash rewards on everyday purchases
- 1.8% cash rewards earned on purchases when using a qualified mobile wallet (including Apple Pay® and Google PayTM) du
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.49% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 120 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.49% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Introductory fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater, for 120 days from account opening. After that, up to 5% for each balance transfer, with a minimum of $5
- Cash Advance APR: 23.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of each transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa Card is helpful for anyone looking for unlimited cash rewards on purchases and a low introductory APR. This card generously offers a $150 cash rewards bonus when $500 is spent in the first three months.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to earn a solid 1.5% cash back on purchases
- Often use mobile wallets to make purchases
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Are considering making a big purchase in the near future
Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa Review
The Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa Card is a cash back credit card for those who like their rewards in money – and not travel. The card earns a flat-rate 1.5% cash back on every purchase, with no limits on the amount of cash back you can earn.
Earn 1.5% Back On All Purchases
Many other cash back credit cards offer the opportunity to earn a higher percentage of cash back, though usually in a rotating set of categories not everyone can maximize, with everything else earning just 1% back. The Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa, on the other hand, earns 1% back on everything, meaning you earn more with every purchase – no strings attached.
Earn More On Select Purchases
When we said the Cash Wise Card earned a flat-rate 1.5% of purchases, we were telling a little bit of a fib – the card earns even more on select purchases. Should you add the card to popular mobile wallet services (such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, or Samsung Pay) and use the app to make a purchase, those purchases will earn 1.8% back.
New accounts also benefit from an introductory bonus of $150 in cash rewards after using the Cash Wise Card to make just 500 in purchases within the first three months – a very easy bonus to achieve. New cardholders also get 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months, meaning it’s even easier to earn cash back with big-ticket purchases, which can then be paid down over time without fear of interest payments.
The Cash Wise Card also comes with the usual Visa perks. If they pay their monthly cell phone bill with the card, for example, they can protect their device against damage or theft. Using the card while renting a car also provides a waiver for coverage in the event of damage due to collision or theft.
Should You Apply for the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa Card?
If you are looking for a no-nonsense cash back rewards credit card, there are many worse options than the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa. The 1.5% back on all purchases (with the exception of mobile wallet purchases which earn 1.8% back) is a great rate of return. The fact that cash rewards never expire as long as the account is open is another great perk, allowing you to build up an impressive cash back stockpile to use towards future travel, gifts, or anything else.
The additional no annual fee and 0% intro APR for 15 months on balance transfers and purchases make this a powerful card not only for everyday purchases but for making larger buys that can then be paid down over time, while still earning cash back on the initial purchase price.
Browse Other Wells Fargo Credit Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.