Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on March 10th, 2021
- Receive $25 in rewards for every 5,000 points earned
- 3X points at Bloomingdale’s
- 6X points on shoes, cosmetics, and fragrances from Bloomingdale’s
- 3X points on all other purchases
- Choose your own Triple Point days (2)
- Regular Purchase APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- 33% off a monthly subscription – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- 50% off for up to 12 months – Offer Expires on January 03, 2022 – See Details
- Spend $125 or more, get $25 back. Up to 2 times (total of $50). – Offer Expires on May 07, 2021 – See Details
- Spend $25 or more, get $5 back – Offer Expires on May 07, 2021 – See Details
- Spend $100 or more, get $30 back – Offer Expires on June 20, 2021 – See Details
- Spend $150 or more, get $30 back – Offer Expires on April 29, 2021 – See Details
- Spend $50 or more, get $10 back – Offer Expires on May 01, 2021 – See Details
- Spend $250 or more, get $50 back – Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 – See Details
- Spend $75 or more, get $15 back – Offer Expires on May 09, 2021 – See Details
- Spend $100 or more, get $25 back – Offer Expires on May 01, 2021 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At A GlanceThe Bloomingdale’s American Express® Card amplifies the existing benefits for Loyallists (the Bloomingdale’s loyalty program) by significantly boosting point-earning power (up to 9 points per dollar) and providing exclusive shopping perks and early access to sales and other store events, but the bestfeature is that even non-store purchases will still earn 3X points wherever American Express is accepted – hard to believe that such a valuable card has no annual fee!
Ideal for Those Who:
- Current Loyallist member
- Spend at least $3,500 at Bloomingdale’s each year
- Have a credit score of at least 700
- Will pay off monthly balance every month
Bloomingdale’s American Express® Card ReviewIf you are a current Loyallist member that wants a faster route to earning $25 Bloomingdale rewards (or simply a fan of the department store and want to earn rewards you can use to shop more often), the Bloomingdale’s American Express® Card makes for a compelling credit card. Thanks to the card’s healthy awarding of points for both store and non-store purchases it makes surprisingly well-rounded option. The open-loop Bloomingdale’s would be a powerhouse of a retail card if not for the below-average point value. The card offers all of the benefits that the Bloomingdale’s loyalty program entails (free shipping, a perk of the month, etc.) but has a significantly increased earning rate that will allow cardholders to earn 5,000 points far faster than non-cardholding counterparts. More importantly, cardholders will earn just as many points when using your card outside of Bloomingdale’s. While the card itself does not provide exclusive discounts, cardholders will be able to enjoy a signup bonus for up to $250 in savings on their immediate purchases. Bloomingdale’s American Express® has no annual fee, but considering how high the fixed-rate APR is (a great credit score makes no difference on the interest rate assigned) this could is a bad fit for those who would be unable to pay their balance in full each month.
Signup Bonus & Introductory OffersNew cardholders will not find any 0% APR promotion to help them finance a particularly big shopping trip. Instead, the Bloomingdale’s American Express card offers a unique twist on a familiar welcome bonus offer. Many other retail credit cards offer a 20% discount as a sign up bonus, but unlike those other card, with the Bloomingdale’s American Express card the 20% discount can used multiple times over the course of two days (begins the day the application was submitted and continues until the end of the following day), on a total of $1,250 in purchases. This two-day window takes a lot of pressure of a potential applicant who will not have to try and purchase everything they want in a single shopping trip and instead, can enjoy the 20% off as items come to mind. However, it is still recommended that cardholders have a few items in mind at the time they submit the application.
Earning Loyallist PointsOwning the Bloomingdale’s credit card will triple the number of points that shoppers earn from store purchases from what they would earn as a standard Loyallist member. Even more exciting, however, is that cardholders will be able to earn just as many points for making purchases outside of Bloomingdales – an unheard-of benefit that few other credit cards can boast. Aside from Triple Point Days(not available to regular Loyallist members), and Power Point deals, cardholders will earn the bulk of their points from the following purchase categories:
- 3X points for every dollar spent at Bloomingdale’s
- 6X points for every dollar spent on shoes, cosmetics, and fragrance counters at Bloomingdale’s
- 3X points for every dollar spent outside of Bloomingdale’s
|Purchase Type||Required Spend for Cardholders||Required Spend for Non-Cardholders|
|Shoes, Cosmetics, Fragrance||$834||$2,500|
|Other Bloomingdale’s Purchases||$1,667||$5,000|
Triple Point DaysAn exclusive benefit available only to Bloomingdale’s cardholders, these individuals may select two (2) days every year where they will earn 9 points per dollar spent at Bloomingdale’s (both in-store and online) on all categories of merchandise. Exclusions where Triple Points cannot be earned include:
- Purchases outside of Bloomingdale’s
- Purchases at Bloomingdale’s The Outlet Store
- Purchases at Bloomingdale’s outside of the U.S.
- Nespresso shops
- Store restaurants
- Select leased brands
- Store services
- When redeeming a gift card or rewards certificate