Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on January 17th, 2022
U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card
Earn Up to 5% Cash Back
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Processing Network Visa
- Get a $200 cash back bonus after making $500 in eligible net purchases within the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on your first $2,000 in combined eligible net purchases each quarter on two categories of your choice
- Earn 2% cash back on one everyday category, like gas stations or grocery stores
- Earn 1% cash back on all other net purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months on transfers made within 60 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature Card is an excellent cash back credit card that gives holders the power to decide how they earn their cash back. The card earns 5% back on two select categories you choose, 2% back on one “everyday” category a user selects, and 1% back on all other purchases. Cardholders have the ability to change bonus categories each quarter, with cash back redemption options including statement credits, direct deposits into U.S. Bank checking or savings accounts, or simply by using the credit card to redeem cash back.
New accounts also benefit for a $200 cash back bonus when they use the Cash+ Card to spend $500 in eligible purchases within the first 90 days, plus 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for the first 12 billing cycles. The card further benefits from Visa Signature perks and protections, as well as no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want the ability to choose their cash back categories
- Like the freedom of switching categories each quarter
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature Card Review
The U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card is a cash back credit card designed to give you the power over how you earn your rewards. The card offers an impressive 5% cash back on select categories, 2% back on a select “everyday” category, and 1% back on every other purchase made with the card.
5% Cash Back Categories
The unique selling point of the Cash+ Visa Signature is the ability to select your categories to maximize your cash back earnings. Cardholders earn 5% back on the first $2,000 in combined eligible purchases the following categories:
- TV, internet, and streaming services
- Fast food
- Cell phone providers
- Department stores
- Home utilities
- Clothing stores
- Electronics stores
- Furniture stores
- Sporting goods stores
- Movie theaters
- Fitness centers
- Ground transportation
2% Cash Back Categories
Cardholders can select the two categories they spend the most in and can change their selections each quarter. Cardholders also have the same option with their 2% “everyday” category, selection one of the following three categories each quarter:
- Grocery stores
- Gas stations
How to Redeem
Cash back redemption options with the U.S. Bank Cash Plus Card are straight forward, with three redemption options from which to choose. Cardholders can receive their cash back as a statement credit, a direct deposit into a U.S. Bank checking, savings, or money market account, or simply use their rewards card to use their rewards.
Other Card Features
The card also comes with Visa Signature benefits, including 24/7 access to Visa Concierge (offering travel and entertainment assistance), Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, $1,000.000 in travel accident insurance, and Visa’s comprehensive fraud and liability protections. The card also comes with no annual fee – always a pleasant surprise.
Should You Apply for the U.S. Bank Cash Plus Visa Signature Card?
The U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card is an excellent cash back credit card for those who want the power to decide where they earn their rewards. Cardholders have the option to select two categories in which they earn 5% cash back for every purchase, an everyday category in which they earn 2% back, and earn a flat-rate 1% back on every other purchase. The ability to change categories each quarter is a very nice feature, and one that allows cardholders to maximize their earning through careful planning.
The introductory offer of a $150 bonus after making just $500 in purchases within the first 90 days isn’t head-turning, but it is an easily achievable goal that provides real value for money. The addition of no annual fee, plus Visa Signature benefits, makes this a very valuable card that more than holds its own against other popular cash back cards, including the Chase Freedom Flex, Freedom Unlimited or Discover It Cash Back.