Last updated on February 24th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
U.S. Bank Shopper Cash Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card
U.S. Bank Shopper Cash Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card
- 19.74% to 29.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 19.74% to 29.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rateq Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The US Bank Shopper Cash Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card provides cardholders with the power of 24 store cards in one for a $95 annual fee. The card earns 6% cash back at two retailers of the cardholder’s choice, with brands including Apple, Kohl’s, Target, Amazon, and more.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn up to 6% cash back at your favorite stores
- Earn 3% cash back on your first $1,500 in eligible purchases on your choice of one everyday category
- Earn 1.5% back on all eligible purchases
- No annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
- Regular Purchase APR: 19.74% to 29.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 19.74% to 29.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either 3% of the amount of each transfer or $5 minimum, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rateq
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either 5% of the amount of each advance or $10 minimum, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first year; $95 thereafter
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
- You spend heavily with several retail brands
- You don’t want multiple store cards to keep track of
- You can justify the card's $95 annual fee and get plenty of value out of it
US Bank Shopper Cash Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card Review
The US Bank Shopper Cash Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card provides accelerated cash back that rivals the very best store credit cards. The card, which boasts up to 6% cash back with 24 leading brands, charges a $95 annual fee, waived for the first year.
$250 Welcome Offer
To start, new accounts with the US Bank Shopper Cash Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card earn a $250 bonus after spending $2,000 in eligible purchases within the first 120 days of account opening.
How to Earn Rewards
Cardholders earn an impressive up to 6% cash back on combined eligible purchases each quarter with two retailers you choose (up to $1,500 per quarter), 3% cash back on eligible purchases each quarter in your choice of one everyday category, like wholesale clubs, gas and EV charging stations, or bills and home utilities (up to $1,500 per quarter), and 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
The 6% cash back category is unique, and it provides an impressive number of retailers to earn maximum rewards. Here are the 6% cash back retailers:
|Ace Hardware||Home Depot||QVC|
|Bed, Bath, & Beyond||Lululemon||Wayfair.com|
|Best Buy||Macy’s||Williams Sonoma|
|Crate & Barrel||Nordstrom||Disney|
The 6% cash back with the Shopper Cash Rewards is designed to drive applicants away from store cards and into a relationship with US Bank itself and the issuer of many closed-loop credit cards. The cash back rate on eligible merchant purchases is one percentage point higher than most store rewards programs, as illustrated below:
|Shopper Cash Rewards||Store Card|
2% in stores
Other Ways to Earn Cash Back
Beyond the 6%/3%/1.5% cash back breakdown, Shopper Cash Rewards Visa Signature cardholders can earn additional rewards through US Bank. For example, cardholders earn 5.5% cash back on prepaid hotel and car reservations booked directly in the US Bank Rewards Travel Center. Additionally, cardholders can earn even more cash back when making purchases at over 1,100 online stores through the Rewards Center Earn Mall.
How to Redeem Rewards
Redeeming cash back rewards with US Bank is straightforward. Cardholders can claim their rewards as a statement credit, a rewards card, merchant gift cards, or directly deposited into their US Bank checking or savings account. Claiming rewards as a US Bank Rewards Card requires at least $25 in cash back rewards.
Rewards never expire as long as the account is open and active.
While the Shopper Cash Rewards doesn’t have the lowest interest rates on purchases or balance transfers, the APR with the card is highly competitive. For example, the card’s purchase APR is over a percentage point lower than the national average APR for a cash rewards credit card.
Cardholders can also divide large purchases into fixed monthly payments with US Bank ExtendPay™ Plan. In lieu of an interest rate, cardholders can plan purchases over a set amount and then pay the cost back, without interest, for a small monthly fee.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the US Bank Shopper Cash Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card inc;ude:
- Contactless payment compatibility
- EMV chip technology
- Mobile wallet compatibility
- Up to $600 reimbursement if your cell phone is stolen or damaged when you pay your monthly cell phone bill with your card
Cardholders also enjoy Visa Signature protections and benefits, including:
|Zero Fraud Liability||Cardholder Inquiry Services||Emergency Card Replacement||Luxury Hotel Collection||Extended Warranty Coverage|
|Roadside Dispatch||Lost/Stolen Card Reporting||ID Navigator from Norton||Travel & Emergency Assistance|
Should You Apply for the US Bank Shopper Cash Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card?
The US Bank Shopper Cash Rewards™ Visa Signature® offers plenty of value despite the $95 annual fee. The 6% cash back categories provide an exceptional level of cash back – but only warrant the annual fee if your spending habits match the card’s cash back system.
Because of the annual fee, cardholders would need to spend $1,583.33 with a qualifying retailer to recoup the $95 annual fee. Of course, US Bank waives the annual fee for the first year, so the spending requirement to recoup the $95 is essentially half, making card ownership something of a no-brainer for at least the first few years.