Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 12th, 2021
Citi Rewards+ Card
20,000 Bonus ThankYou® Points + 0% APR
- Regular Purchase APR 13.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- For a limited time, earn 20,000 bonus points after spending $1,500 within the first 3 months of account opening, redeemable for $200 in gift cards
- Get 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. After that, the variable APR will be 13.49% - 23.49% based on your credit worthiness
- Earn 2 ThankYou® Points per $1 spent at supermarkets and gas stations for the first $6,000 per year and 1 point per $1 spent thereafter
- Earn 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- The only credit card that automatically rounds up to the nearest 10 points on every purchase.
- 10 percent Points Back Get 10% Points Back when you redeem, up to the first 100,000 points redeemed per year
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 4 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Citi Rewards+℠ Card serves up 0% introductory APR periods for purchases and balance transfers, as well as Citi’s established ThankYou® Points system. Where it truly stands out, though, is in its novel points rounding feature.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are looking for a rewards credit card with no annual fee
- Frequently use a credit card to shop at supermarkets and gas stations
- Make frequent, small purchases with your credit card
- Are looking to make a significant purchase that will require monthly payments
- Are looking to transfer an existing balance and pay less on interest
Citi Rewards+℠ Card Review
The Citi Rewards+℠ Card adds to Citi’s lineup of ThankYou® rewards credit cards, fitting below the Premier℠ Card. As such, you’ll earn ThankYou® Points with every purchase, starting at a minimum of 1 point per $1. On shopping done at supermarkets and gas stations you’ll earn 2 points per $1, but only up to $6,000 per year, after which the rate will lower to 1X point.
Points Round Up
With the Citi Rewards+℠ Card, however, you’ll frequently earn additional points thanks to its most noteworthy feature: Every purchase rounds up to the nearest 10 points. For instance, if you make a $2 purchase, the card will round up your 2 points to 10. If you make a $52 purchase, your 52 points will round up to 60. So while you can use the card for any type of purchase, the rounding perk is most effective when you keep your shopping small and frequent. Plus, there is no cap to the number of times your points are rounded up.
Introductory Sign Up Bonus
The Citi Rewards+℠ also comes with a variety of excellent bonus offers. New accounts earn 20,000 bonus points after spending $1,500 within the first 3 months of account opening. That ThankYou points bonus is redeemable for up to $200 in gift cards.
New accounts also enjoy 0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases. Cardholders receive 0 % APR on purchases for 15 months plus zero interest for the first 15 months from date of account opening on balance transfers.
Keep in mind, however, that balance transfers must be completed within 4 months of account opening – and come with a balance transfer fee of $5 or 3% of the amount of each credit card balance transfer, whichever is greater.
How to Redeem ThankYou Points
You can redeem your stash of ThankYou® Points for gift cards, statement credits, travel booking, and online shopping at merchants like Amazon and Best Buy. If you manage to hit 100,000 accumulated points within a year, you’ll receive 10% back on all your redemptions. This bonus repeats each year that you reach the goal.
In addition to the ThankYou® rewards program aspect, the Citi Rewards+℠ Card is also a viable option if you’re looking to save on existing monthly payments or make a big-ticket purchase. As an introductory promotion, the card offers a 0% APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers (transfers must be made within four months of opening an account to qualify).
Should You Apply for the Citi Rewards+℠ Card?
There’s plenty to take advantage of with the Citi Rewards+℠ Card, and it’ll cost you nothing, as the card has no annual fee. Consider taking it with you abroad, though, because you will have to pay foreign transaction fees. In such a case, it’ll be smarter to opt for a travel card. As an everyday payment option, though – especially for small-time acquisitions – you’ll see your points count go up in a hurry and be able to redeem them before you realize.