Citi Rewards+ Card
15,000 Bonus ThankYou® Points + 0% APR Balance Transfers
- Regular Purchase APR 13.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 15,000 Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Points on purchases are rounded up to the nearest 10 points with no cap
- Earn 2X points per $1 at supermarkets and gas stations for the first $6,000 per year
- Earn 1X point per $1 on all other purchases
- Get 10% back in Points for the first 100,000 ThankYou® Points you redeem per year
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 4 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.49% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Citi Rewards+℠ Card serves up 0% introductory APR periods for purchases and balance transfers, as well as Citi’s established ThankYou® Points system. Where it truly stands out, though, is in its novel points rounding feature.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are looking for a rewards credit card with no annual fee
- Frequently use a credit card to shop at supermarkets and gas stations
- Make frequent, small purchases with your credit card
- Are looking to make a significant purchase that will require monthly payments
- Are looking to transfer an existing balance and pay less on interest
Citi Rewards+℠ Card Review
The Citi Rewards+℠ Card adds to Citi’s lineup of ThankYou® rewards credit cards, fitting below the Premier℠ Card. As such, you’ll earn ThankYou® Points with every purchase, starting at a minimum of 1 point per $1. On shopping done at supermarkets and gas stations you’ll earn 2 points per $1, but only up to $6,000 per year, after which the rate will lower to 1 point.
With thie Citi Rewards+℠ Card, however, you’ll frequently earn additional points thanks to its most noteworthy feature: Every purchase rounds up to the nearest 10 points. For instance, if you make a $2 purchase, the card will round up your 2 points to 10. If you make a $52 purchase, your 52 points will round up to 60. So while you can use the card for any type of purchase, the rounding perk is most effective when you keep your shopping small and frequent. Plus, there is no cap to the number of times your points are rounded up.
You can redeem your stash of ThankYou® Points for gift cards, statement credits, travel booking, and online shopping at merchants like Amazon and Best Buy. If you manage to hit 100,000 accumulated points within a year, you’ll receive 10% back on all your redemptions. This bonus repeats each year that you reach the goal.
In addition to the ThankYou® rewards program aspect, the Citi Rewards+℠ Card is also a viable option if you’re looking to save on existing monthly payments or make a big-ticket purchase. As an introductory promotion, the card offers a 0% APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers (transfers must be made within four months of opening an account to qualify).
Should You Apply for the Citi Rewards+℠ Card?
There’s plenty to take advantage of with the Citi Rewards+℠ Card, and it’ll cost you nothing, as the card has no annual fee. Consider taking it with you abroad, though, because you will have to pay foreign transaction fees. In such a case, it’ll be smarter to opt for a travel card. As an everyday payment option, though – especially for small-time acquisitions – you’ll see your points count go up in a hurry and be able to redeem them before you realize.