CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®
Earn 65,000 AAdvantage® Bonus Miles
- Earn 65,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $4,000 within 4 months
- 2X AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on purchases with American Airlines
- 2X AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants and gas stations
- 1X AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Earn American Airlines Companion Certificate after $30,000 in purchases per year
- First checked bag is free for you and up to four others traveling with you on the same reservation (domestic flights only)
- Preferred boarding on American Airlines flights
- Save 25% on eligible in-flight food and beverage purchases on American Airlines flights
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is higher
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first 12 months. After that, $99
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
At a Glance
The CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select® World Mastercard is a business travel card that hits many of the right notes. The card earns double miles on purchases with American Airlines, as well as with select merchants, which includes telecommunication companies, cable or satellite providers, car rental companies, or gas stations. Every other dollar spent on purchases earns a single mile. The card also features a generous sign-up bonus after meeting minimum spending requirements, a first checked bag for the cardholders and up to four other guests on the same American Airlines itinerary, and more – all for an annual fee of $99, which is waived for the first year.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel often for business and prefer to fly with American Airlines
- Issue employee cards or add authorized users to their accounts
- Are budget-conscious when sending employees on work trips
CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard Review
The CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select® World Mastercard is offered with the traveling business owner in mind. Whether you frequently fly to oversee aspects of your company abroad or conduct your affairs domestically and simply like to explore the globe on your off time, this card can allow you to thrive regardless of your lifestyle.
Impressive Signup Bonus
The card’s signup bonus is particularly generous, giving you 65,000 bonus miles when you spend $4,000 within the first four months as a cardmember. If you’re covering recurring costs for your business, or planning on it, reaching this goal should be quite manageable. During, and after, the hunt for the signup bonus, you’ll earn two AAdvantage miles on eligible American Airlines purchases, as well as on select business expense categories, including telecommunications merchants, gas stations, cable and satellite providers, and car rental agencies. All other purchases will net you one mile per $1 spent.
CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select Small Business Travel Benefits
As an airline credit card, the CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard saves you money with a complimentary first checked bag on domestic flights and a 25% discount when your purchase in-flight Wi-Fi connectivity. You’ll also get preferred boarding free of charge, allowing you to get to your seat faster and all-but-guaranteed a spot in the coveted overhead compartment for your carry-on bag. Another notable perk is a companion certificate that’s made available to you after you spend at least $30,000 in a year and renew your card for another year. The certificate is valid for a domestic main cabin itinerary, and you’ll still have to pay for fees and taxes, but it can nevertheless offer considerable savings depending on the cost of the flight.
Business and Account Tools
As a business credit card, CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select® World Mastercard offers digital tools to make your life easier. You can view all your account details and billing statements online, thereby streamlining the reconciling process for your accounting. You also have 24/7 access to a personal business assistant who can arrange travel and dining – particularly useful if you need to schedule a meeting with clients. In addition, you can issue additional cards to your employees, who will earn you AAdvantage® miles as they make purchases.
Other Things to Consider
The CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select® World Mastercard charges a $99 annual fee, though it’s waived for your first cardmember year. And since it’s a travel card, you can use it around the world with peace of mind, as there are no foreign transaction fees. Other notable benefits are standard for a credit card of its type, such as travel and car rental insurance, emergency assistance and purchase warranty, and even the convenience of adding the card to your digital wallet via Apple Pay.
Should You Apply for the CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard?
Overall, the CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard performs admirably as both an airline rewards card and a business credit card. One-way domestic tickets with American Airlines start as low as 7,500 miles, meaning with just $4,000 in spending in the first four months is an easily achievable goal for most businesses – especially when additional authorized users are added to the account.
Beyond the excellent introductory bonus offer, the card earns a reliable number of miles with every purchase and offers the prospects of an American Airlines Companion Certificate after spending requirements are met in the calendar year. While $30,000 may seem like a steep spending requirement, if your company can easily reach the initial $4,000 spending bonus, the $30,000 shouldn’t be too much trouble either.