Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Citi® AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®
Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® Bonus Miles
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $450
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months
- 2X AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- 1X AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases
- Receive 10,000 AAdvantage® Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) after spending $40,000 in purchases within the year
- Access to over 50 Admirals Club® lounge locations worldwide
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $450
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine – Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 – See Details
- Save as you shop at London Designer Outlet – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Achieve home office harmony with a Feng Shui session – Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 – See Details
- Take a flawless makeup masterclass at Cosmetics à la Carte – Offer Expires on June 30, 2021 – See Details
- Learn to DJ like an expert – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Shop like a celebrity with LookStyler – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Upgrade your stay in Belfast and see the city in style – Offer Expires on March 31, 2021 – See Details
- Master gin and tonics with tips from two expert restaurateurs – Offer Expires on May 28, 2021 – See Details
- Get a taste of the pirate’s life with Miami Children’s Museum – Offer Expires on January 22, 2031 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a Glance
Frequent American Airlines flyers will fawn over the perks available to them through the Citi/AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard, including access to high-end airport lounges and sizable discounts on in-flight purchases. The Citi/AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard is a top-notch airline rewards credit card that should be in strong consideration for every traveler’s wallet.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Fly often on American Airlines and want to earn miles and discounts when spending on your travels with them
- Commute through an airport that has an Admirals Club® lounge and wish to unwind before or after your trips
- Are likely to spend $5,000 on your card in the next 3 months, earning you a bonus 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles
Citi® / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard Review
The Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® is designed with the discerning world-traveler in mind. For a $450 annual fee cardholders receive complimentary membership in American’s Admirals Club lounge program (a $650 value), priority check-in and boarding, a free first checked bag on domestic American-operated fights, and TSA and Global Entry prescreening.
Whether traveling often for work or leisure, the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® rewards American Airlines loyalists with comforts and conveniences that easily justify the card’s annual fee. While perks like priority check-in and statement credits for Global Entry or TSA Pre√® are appreciated, it’s the card’s unique ability to grant cardholders (and up to two of their guests) access to the lavish Admirals Club® lounges that help it stand out. You’ll also receive a 25% discount on in-flight food and drinks with your card, the cost of which can quickly add up when flying with others.
How to Earn Miles
With the Citi/AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard, you can earn 2X AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases, 1X AAdvantage® mile per $1 spent elsewhere, and a significant intro bonus of 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles after making $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account. Spend $40,000 in purchases on your card within the calendar year, and you’ll also net 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles in addition to the AAdvantage® miles you’ve already earned that year.
Should You Apply for the Citi® / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard?
The Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® is an exceptional airline rewards credit card. New users can earn 50,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles when they spend $5,000 within the first 90 days. With regular use. they earn 2X miles with American and 1X miles for all other purchases. In many ways, the card offers better value than the AAdvantage® Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard® from Barclays.
The card also offers impressive airport benefits – the best of which is complimentary access to American’s Admirals Club lounges. Where lounge access would normally cost around $650 per year, with the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®, it is included with the $450 annual fee. Beyond lounge access, however, cardholders also receive free first checked baggage on American-operated flights not only for themselves but also for up to 8 other guests when they book their travel using their card. Cardholders also get priority check-in and boarding, and a fee credit for Global Entry and TSA pre-screening.