Last updated on June 3rd, 2021
Citibank is rolling out some rather large adjustments to their benefits and perks – for those who are Citibank cardholders, how will these changes stack up?
Recently, we wrote about an update to Citi’s credit card rewards program policies, detailing the changes that were in the pipeline. These changes are set to roll out on September 22, 2019 – a date that’s just around the corner. These changes will affect every credit card that Citi offers. Per a statement from Citibank, the updated policy will affect travel programs like Trip Cancellation and Interruption Protection, Baggage Delay Protection, Lost Baggage Protection, and much more. Citi cardholders may begin to notice a pop-up message when they log into their account(s), detailing the pending changes so as not to blindside loyal customers. These changes will affect every credit card that Citi offers. Here’s a recap of what you’ll need to know:
- The changes that are rolling out vary by Citibank card type; although some perks are going away across the board, you may read about a change to a cardholder benefit that does not apply to your card, so make sure to log in to your account for more details regarding your card. Essentially, if your card does not already have a perk that is amongst the list below, your card usage will not be impacted by that particular change.
- Each pop-up within Citibank’s card portal is tailored to the card that you have an account for, so the exact messaging you see will vary based on the Citibank card you use.
- Citibank cardholders can expect to see the following programs exit stage left from all Citibank credit cards at the end of this week:
- Citi Price Rewind
- Trip Cancellation and Interruption Protections
- Citibank cardholders can expect to see the following programs take a bow, depending on their credit card:
- Worldwide Travel Accident Insurance
- Baggage Delay and Lost Baggage Protection
- Travel and Emergency Assistance
- Roadside Assistance Dispatch
- Medical Evacuation
- Trip Delay Protection
- Worldwide Car Rental Coverage
- Missed Ticket Protection
- 90-Day Return Protection
- Extended Warranty for purchases
- Damage and Theft Purchase Protection
Although there are many features that cardholders may not be ecstatic to see disappear, Citibank has recently implemented a new point redemption program, Pay With Points. Pay With Points may not replace the hole left by benefits like Price Rewind, but it’s certainly an exciting concept for folks who regularly make online payments, and whom are looking for additional ways to save each time they pay a monthly statement. More details about the Pay With Points program, as well as other ways to redeem your ThankYou Rewards from Citibank, can be found here. Remember, these changes will not affect every Citibank card offer, so it’s a good idea to contact Citi for more details about how your own account may be affected.