Last updated on September 20th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Chase Slate Credit Card
Chase Slate Credit Card
- 16.49% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 16.49% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 26.49% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 15 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- 15 months of 0% introductory APR for purchases and balance transfers
- No balance transfer fees during the first 60 days
- No penalty APR
- Get fraud alerts via phone, text, or email
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.49% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.49% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: $0 on transfers made within 60 days of account opening. After that, either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 26.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
At a Glance
The Chase Slate® is a straightforward balance transfer and Chase Bank small business credit card that provides a lengthy introductory APR offer, no fee for balance transfers for the first 60 days, and more – all for no annual fee,
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are looking to take advantage of an introductory 0% APR offer
- Are actively building or monitoring their credit score
- Prefer a credit card without an annual fee
Chase Slate® Credit Card Review
The Chase Slate® Card is a business credit card that doesn’t offer points or perks that will entice travelers. Still, for those who want a great interest rate, it’s a robust option that will attract many applicants.
The Slate comes with the same 15 months of 0% intro APR that the Chase Freedom and Freedom Unlimited come with. That 15 months interest-free applies to both purchases and balance transfers, making it a great option for those who want to pay down an existing credit card balance or finance a substantial purchase.
An Excellent Balance Transfer Card
The Slate also comes with no balance transfer fees for the first 60 days after opening an account. For those planning on conducting a balance transfer, no charge is a great bonus – especially since the regular fee after the first two months is 5% of the transfer amount.
Once the introductory period ends, cardholders can anticipate a regular APR that is competitive but not unbeatable. While the precise rate varies based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate, at its lowest ebb, it’s still a full percentage point above the national average for a similar card. Fortunately, the rate is good enough to not cause too many issues for those who plan on using the card correctly.
Other Card Features
Other card features of note with this particular small business card from Chase include no annual fee, no penalty APR, and the usual Visa credit card protections. These security features include Zero Fraud Liability, fraud alerts and protection, and purchase protections.
As with other chase credit cards, the Slate also enjoys DoorDash benefits. New accounts receive three months of complimentary membership in DashPass, which provides free delivery on all orders over $12.
Should You Apply for the Chase Slate® Credit Card?
The Chase Slate® is an obvious choice to consider for those that want a versatile, low rate, and balance transfer credit card.
Whereas many other issuers offer 12 months without interest charges on their cards, the Slate goes a step above with 15 months. This incentive also applies to balance transfers, making it a smart move to migrate outstanding debt onto a lower-risk card like the Slate®.
Another reason to consider the Chase Slate is its free Credit Journey℠ monitoring tool. Especially useful; those keeping track of their credit, the feature allows them to follow the progress of their credit score.
The Chase Slate also saves users money, as it charges no annual fees, nor a penalty APR. Bear in mind, though, that other fees like those for foreign transactions and late payments still apply, so tread carefully.