Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card
15,000 Bonus Points After Your First Purchase Or Balance Transfer
- Regular Purchase APR 15.24%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.24%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date for all Wyndham Timeshare Purchases
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn a free night stay starting at 7,500 points at Wyndham Rewards hotels
- 3X points per $1 spent on eligible Wyndham purchases
- 2X points per $1 spent on eligible gas, utility and grocery store purchases
- 1X points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Automatic Wyndham Rewards GOLD membership status
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date for all Wyndham Timeshare Purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.24%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 45 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.24%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
At a Glance
The Wyndham Rewards Visa Card is a no annual fee hotel card that gives Wyndham Rewards members boosted earning power towards both discounted and complimentary hotel stays.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want a card with no annual fee
- Already a member of the Wyndham Rewards program
- Book at a Wyndham-property at least once every four years
- Want travel rewards from gas, grocery, and utility purchases
Wyndham Rewards Visa Card Review
fee. Through the 15,000 signup bonus and rewards for everyday purchases, cardholders have supercharged earning capabilities towards one of the all-time best hotel rewards programs as ranked by Today and U.S. News. With hotel and resort options ranging from value to upscale, the Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card has a lot to offer for a variety of traveler budgets. Point redemptions options are flexible and can be used towards free or discounted hotel stay and makes this card equally suitable for those who frequently travel for business or more intermittently for pleasure.
New cardholders will earn a sweet signup bonus of 15,000 points, which is fairly standard to similarly structured hotel card with no annual fee. While the actual value of each individual point may fluctuate depending on which property you book with, the Wyndham Rewards flat-rate redemption tiers mean that your points are guaranteed to worth at least a two-night free stay. The Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card signup bonus is easily achievable – points are rewarded after making your first purchase (no minimum spend required) or initiating a balance transfer.
The ongoing earning potential of the Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card is of its greatest strengths as it has above-average point returns. Unlike many other co-branded credit cards, the Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card provides rewards points for popular shopping categories beyond booking a stay with one of their properties:
- 3X points for purchases made at participating By Wyndham hotels, rentals, and timeshare properties
- 2X for gas, utilities, and grocery store purchases
- 1X for all other purchases
Unfortunately, the Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card doesn’t offer any sort of an anniversary bonus or additional rewards for reaching a specific spending amount – which would actually be quite manageable with such lifestyle-friendly reward categories.
When it comes to redeeming Wyndham Rewards points, the straightforward structure of their program makes it easy. Redeeming points for a free night stay will cost either 7500, 1500, 30000 or points depending on which of their hotel chains you book. However, points can be used for partial redemptions – and allowing those who may not use their Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card as heavily to still find use out of their earnings. You will need either 1500, 3000, or 6000 points to earn a discounted booking price.
Should You Apply for the Wyndham Rewards Visa?
Despite the strength of the Wyndham Rewards program, points expire every 4 years which could make it difficult for infrequent travelers – or those who already have go-to gas and grocery cards – to earn enough points to make this card worth their while. Fortunately, points can also be used for tickets to events and experiences, gas, merchandise (purchased through their online portal), gift cards, or transferred to Wyndham partner airline programs – and reduces the risk that points will be wasted. But that’s not the only downside, Wyndham Rewards points have a below-average value compared to the standard 1 cent value of most other reward programs. While this isn’t a direct flaw of the Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card itself, it does put a damper on the card’s earning capabilities.
A one-night stay for a King bed at the Days Inn is $65 per night (with a 10% discount for rewards members). When using points, this room costs 7,500 points and comes out to an average value of 0.8 cents per point. Fortunately, those who frequently stay at Wyndham owned properties may be able to recoup for this loss with the automatic member upgrade that the Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card brings.
Cardholders will enjoy automatically being bumped to Gold member status, which normally requires five qualifying hotel stays to earn. This membership enhances hotel stay with complimentary late check-out and preferred room choice, but also further boosts earning potential with 10% bonus points on all qualified bookings. This passive perk helps to compensate for below-average point value with increased point redemption opportunities.
Overall, the strength of the Wyndham Rewards loyalty program makes the Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card a worthwhile hotel card to keep on hand. The flat rate redemption tiers are convenient and despite the lower than average point values, makes up for it with accelerated card earning potential (compared to other cards). Since there is no annual fee or minimum purchase amount to meet, there are few downsides to owning this card aside from potentially missing out on more lucrative earnings from grocery and gas purchases.