Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Priceline VIP Rewards™ Visa® Card
- Regular Purchase APR 16.74%, 21.74% or 26.74%, based on your creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfer APR 16.74%, 21.74% or 26.74%, based on your creditworthiness.
- Cash Advance APR 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent
- Processing Network Visa
- 5X points per $1 spent on purchases with Priceline
- 2X points per $1 spent on gas and dining purchases (including delivery services)
- 1X points per $1 spent with all other purchases
- 0% introductory APR on transfers for 15 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck after meeting spending requirements
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.74%, 21.74% or 26.74%, based on your creditworthiness.
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 45 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.74%, 21.74% or 26.74%, based on your creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Priceline VIP Rewards™ Visa® Card offers up to 5X points on travel purchases, 2X on dining and gas station purchases, and more for no annual fee. The card, from Barclays, also provides 15 months of 0% intro APR on transfers, a chance at a TSA PreCheck statement credit, and no foreign transaction fees.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Love to travel but aren’t loyal to any carriers or hotels
- Have an existing card balance they want to pay down with 0% APR
- Want access to TSA PreCheck
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Priceline VIP Rewards™ Visa® Card Review
Earn Impressive Points on Travel Purchases
The big selling point of the Priceline VIP Visa is the ability to earn big points on travel bookings. Cardholders earn 5X points on all purchases, bookings, and reservations made at Priceline. Since Priceline offers a complete selection of travel booking options, including flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises, and more, those 5X points per $1 spent can really add up!
Earn on Other Purchases
The Priceline VIP Rewards™ Visa® Card differs from the older Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Card (no longer available) because it provides enhanced points on other categories. VIP cardholders earn double points (2X points per $1 spent) on gas and restaurant purchases, including delivery services like GrubHub, UberEats, and more.
All other card purchases earn a single point per dollar spent – the same earning rate as the older Priceline Rewards Card (which lacked the 2X dining/gas category). There is no limit to the total number of points earnable.
10,000-Point Bonus Offer
New accounts also enjoy a decent introductory point offer. New cardholders earn 10,000 bonus points, enough for a $100 statement credit when spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days after account opening.
However, one caveat with this welcome offer is that spending must occur at either Pricelinevisa.com or Priceline.com to qualify for the sign-up bonus. Therefore, this bonus is best for anyone looking for a versatile travel rewards credit card, plus planning to book travel shortly after approval.
How to Redeem Reward Points with Priceline
Redeeming points with the Priceline VIP Rewards™ Visa® is straightforward. Points apply towards Priceline purchases, gift cards/eGift cards/certificates, and merchandise.
Redeeming for Priceline purchases begin at 2,500 points (valued at $25). Cardholders can use points to offset Priceline purchases of $25 or more made within the last 120 days. Cardholders can also use points towards non-Priceline purchases of $50 or more within the previous 120 days.
Gift cards offer less value for money. Redeeming points for gift cards/eGift cards/certificates starts at 3,000 points for a $25 gift card – a valuation slightly below Priceline’s valuation for statement credits. Priceline VIP points also apply towards merchandise at pricelinerewardsvisa.com, though the value of points for merchandise awards varies.
Priceline VIP Rewards points do not expire as long as the cardholder’s account is open and in good standing. Upon account closure, the cardholder has 60 days to redeem any points.
Lucrative Travel Perks
For a no annual fee travel card, the Priceline VIP Visa offers a pleasant selection of travel-related benefits. Primary among these perks is the granting of automatic Priceline VIP Gold status.
VIP Gold status is the third tier in the Priceline VIP loyalty program – behind only VIP Platinum. This tier, which typically requires a minimum of five completed trips, offers the following perks:
- Priceline Best Price Guarantee
- Up to 50% savings on over 30,000 hotels
- Up to 20% savings on car rentals through Priceline
- An 8% Express Deal coupon after every trip
- Priority customer service access over basic customers and VIP Member/Blue
Another excellent feature of the VIP Visa is the TSA PreCheck/Global Entry statement credit offer. Cardholders who use their Priceline VIP Rewards™ Visa® Card to make at least $10,000 in annual purchases receive up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit each year.
0% Intro APR
New cardholders also enjoy 15 months of 0% APR on balance transfers. The offer, 0% introductory APR for the first fifteen billing cycles following each balance transfer that posts to your account within 45 days of account opening, is standard for many Barclays credit cards. Still, over a year of no interest makes the Priceline VIP Card an excellent travel card that can help you pay down existing card balances.
Other Notable Card Features
Other notable features with the Priceline VIP Rewards Visa include:
- No foreign transaction fees on international purchases
- Visa $0 Fraud Liability protection
- Your choice of two unique card designs (see below)
Should You Apply for the Priceline VIP Rewards™ Visa® Card from Barclays?
Overall, the Priceline VIP Rewards™ Visa® Card offers plenty to make the frequent Priceline customer feel like a true VIP. The points on offer with the card are an improvement from the older version – especially the addition of the 2X points on gas and dining.
However, the addition of VIP Gold status and the chance at a TSA PreCheck statement credit are the real stars on offer. Gold status offers enhanced savings for the frequent traveler, while TSA Check makes traveling through airport security a breeze. Even better, earning the TSA credits requires less than $1,000 in monthly spending – making it an easily achievable bonus.