Barclaycard Financing Visa®
Special Interest-Free Financing on Apple Purchases
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99%, 19.99% or 26.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.99%, 19.99% or 26.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- 0% interest for 6 months on Apple purchases under $499
- 0% interest for 12 months on Apple purchases of $499 - $998
- 0% interest for 18 months on Apple purchases $999 and over
- No annual fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99%, 19.99% or 26.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.99%, 19.99% or 26.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
At a Glance
The Barclaycard Financing Visa® is a credit card that offers the chance to finance purchases with Apple for as long as 18 months, depending on the cost of the purchase. For purchases under $499, financing of 6 months is available; purchases between $499 and $998, financing of 12 months; and 18 months for purchases over $999. These financing rates, however, are only available for the first 30 days of opening an account, meaning purchases (and applying for the Barclaycard Financing Visa®) must be well-thought-out ahead of time.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to finance a big purchase with Apple
- Have difficulty planning the cost of a purchase with other methods
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Have excellent credit and want to take advantage of low purchase APR
Barclaycard Financing Visa® Review
The Financing Visa® from Barclays US is a financing Visa card that allows for special financing rates on purchases made with Apple. All purchases made with Apple within the first 30 days of opening the account receive special financing, including:
- 6 months financing for purchases under $499
- 12 months financing for purchases between $499 and $998
- 18 months financing on purchases over $999
Beyond the special financing offers with Apple, this card features a lower-than-average purchase APR for those with exceptional credit, which makes it a reliable option for purchases that require holding a balance. For those with less than stellar credit, however, they can expect much higher rates that make this card unfeasible for anything other than it’s special Apple financing offer.
While the Financing Visa® features no annual fees and offers comprehensive fraud protection and ID theft protection, it isn’t designed for much more than financing Apple purchases. Even then, however, this card doesn’t offer great value. Sure, this card is great if you are making a big Apple purchase, but the forethought required to research your financing options, decide the Barclaycard Financing Visa® is the best choice for you, apply for the card, get accepted, wait for the card to arrive in the mail, and then make an Apple purchase seems clunky at best – and over complicated at worst.
Should You Apply for the Barclaycard Financing Visa®?
There are easier ways to finance an Apple purchase, including simply setting funds aside with each paycheck or purchasing the product on layaway from a box store, such as Walmart, making the Barclaycard Financing Visa® an odd choice.