Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card
Earn 6 Points Per $1 Spent
- Regular Purchase APR 15.74%, 19.99%, or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.74%, 19.99%, or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $75
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% on all Wyndham Timeshare Purchases for 6 months
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 6 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases made at Hotels by Wyndham as well as on qualifying gas purchases
- Earn 4 points per $1 spent on eligible dining and grocery purchases
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other eligible purchases (excluding Wyndham Timeshare resorts down payments)
- Automatically receive a Wyndham Rewards PLATINUM member level
- Receive 7,500 bonus points each anniversary year – enough for up to one free night at participating properties
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% on all Wyndham Timeshare Purchases for 6 months
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.74%, 19.99%, or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 45 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.74%, 19.99%, or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $75
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Spoil your pup with a FREE upgrade to BarkBox. - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on all Afternoon Tea orders - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on The Berlin Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card is a premium hotel card that earns decent points for its $75 annual fee. The card, issued by Barclays, really comes into its own, however, when the impressive status upgrades, status matches, and big bonuses are accounted for.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are already members of Wyndham Rewards or prefer to stay at any of Wyndham’s 20+ brands
- Use their credit cards to spend heavily on gas, dining, or groceries
- Travel to Vegas and can make use of the Caesars Rewards Platinum status match
- Don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card Review
The Wyndham Rewards Earner+ Visa Signature is a premium hotel rewards card that provides impressive savings at the pump, loyalty status boosts, multiple bonus offers, and more – all for a $75 annual fee.
How to Earn Rewards
Like the no-annual-fee Earner Card, the Earner+ Visa Signature earns points towards the Wyndham Rewards loyalty program. The Wyndham loyalty program contains over 9,000 properties across twenty brands in 80 countries.
Cardholders earn the following points when using the Earner+ Card to make purchases:
- 6X points on purchases with Hotels by Wyndham or on gas station purchases
- 4X points on dining and groceries
- 1X points on all other purchases
The value of Wyndham Rewards points may vary, but they typically have a value of roughly one cent. This approximate valuation gives the gas and hotel purchase categories a value of six cents.
This valuation is impressive, but only slightly better than the no-annual-fee Earner Visa, which offers 5X points on the same categories. Fortunately, the secondary category – dining and groceries – offers double the value of the smaller sibling card, making the $75 annual fee more manageable.
Introductory and Annual Bonus Points Offers
Like the Earner Visa, the Earner+ also features several bonus offers. These bonus offers follow much the same formula as the no-annual-fee card but offer significantly more “oomph.”
First, the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card comes with an enticing bonus offer of 45,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 within the first 90 days of opening an account. Second, there is an annual bonus of 7,500 points, with no spending requirements.
Receiving 45,000 bonus points for just $333 spending per month (on average) for the first three months is an excellent incentive. Reward nights with Wyndham starts as low as 7,500 points, meaning meeting this modest minimum spend gets you one free night at over 9,000 properties every month for the first three months after you open your account.
The addition of 7,500 annual bonus points without a spending requirement is another excellent addition to the card. Given the typical value of Wyndham Rewards points, this annual bonus essentially covers the annual fee, making it a no-brainer for the Wyndham Rewards member who plans to get the most out of the card.
0% Introductory APR
The card also offers two 0% intro APR offers. The first is 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 15 months. This interest-free period of 15 months applies to all balance transfers made within the first 45 days of opening the account. The other 0% APR offer is no interest on Wyndham Timeshare purchases for the first six months.
How to Redeem Rewards
Free nights in the Wyndham Rewards program start from 7,500 points and rise to 30,000 points, depending on the room, time of stay, and property. These free nights fall under three categories:
- 1) go free: go free allows hotel rewards program members to redeem between 7,500 and 30,000 points for free nights at participating hotels or 15,000 to 30,000 points on bedrooms at participating club resort properties.
- 2) go fast: go fast allows members to use points to book discounted nights for between 1,500 and 6,000 points per bedroom.
- 3) go get ’em: With go get ’em, members earn 10 points per dollar or 1,000 points for every qualified stay, whichever is more.
Earner+ cardholders can also transfer their Wyndham Rewards points to over a dozen other loyalty programs, including Aeromexico, Air Canada Aeroplan, Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles, United MileagePlus, and more.
Other ways to redeem points include discounts at Marathon gas stations, gift cards, shopping through Wyndham’s ShopAndEarn portal, and more.
Complimentary Platinum Status
The Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card also offers free access to Wyndham Rewards Platinum elite status.
Platinum status entitles holders to preferred room selection, free Wi-Fi during stays, early check-in, late check-out, Avis and Budget car rental upgrades, and more.
Platinum members also get a status match in the Caesars Rewards program, making the Earner Plus Card particularly useful for those who love to travel to Las Vegas.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the Earner+ Visa Signature Card from Barclays include:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Special cardmember discount rates when booking with Wyndham
- Visa Zero Fraud Liability
- Visa Roadside Assistance
- Travel and Emergency Accident Assistance
- Access to Visa Signature Concierge
Should You Apply for the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card?
Overall, the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card is a quality, premium hotel card that hits many of the right notes. The card doesn’t offer exceptional value with regards to points when compared to the no-annual-fee Earner Visa, but the bonus offers and elite status matches more than make up for this shortfall.
The annual 7,500 points bonus essentially negates the annual fee of $75, and the 45,000 points for a modest $1,000 spend within 90 days is suitable for up to three free nights. The addition of Platinum status in Wyndham Rewards, however, as well as the status match for Caesars Rewards, make this card the ideal tool for the frequent traveler who prefers Wyndham but wants to enjoy themselves when they hit the casinos in Las Vegas, Reno, or any other destinations served by Caesars Entertainment.
Throw in some attractive 0% intro APR offers, no foreign transaction fees, and a few other excellent features, and Barclays and Wyndham have the makings of a robust hotel rewards card.