Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on March 4th, 2022
Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus Card
Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus Card
45,000 Bonus Points Intro Offer
- Regular Purchase APR 18.74%, 22.99% or 27.99% variable based creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 18.74%, 22.99% or 27.99% variable based creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $75
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months from account opening date or 0% for 6 months (from purchase date) on Wyndham Timeshare purchases
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 30,000 bonus points, enough for up to 4 free nights after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days
- Earn 5X points on eligible purchases made at Hotels by Wyndham as well as on qualifying gas purchases
- Earn 2X points on eligible dining and grocery store purchases (excluding Target® and Walmart®)
- Earn 1X points on all other purchases (excluding Wyndham Vacation Club down payments)
- Automatically receive a Wyndham Rewards GOLD member level and enjoy perks like free WiFi, preferred room selection, late checkout, and more
- Redeem 10% fewer Wyndham Rewards points for go free® awards, and earn your free nights faster
- Wyndham Rewards Earner Cardmembers can save even more on our Best Available Rate for stays at participating Hotels by Wyndham
- There is no limit to the number of points you can earn
- Redeem points you've earned for online shopping, discounts on gas, local tours and activities, gift cards, and so much more
- Earn 7,500 bonus points each anniversary year if you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases—that's enough for up to one free night every year
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date or 0% for 6 months (from purchase date) on Wyndham Timeshare purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.74%, 22.99% or 27.99% variable based creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 45 days of account opening
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.74%, 22.99% or 27.99% variable based creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $75
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 0% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40 (the amount of the fee varies by state)
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40 (the amount of the fee varies by state)
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus Card is a premium hotel card that earns decent points for its $75 annual fee. The Barclays-issued card really comes into its own, however, when the impressive status upgrades, status matches, and big bonuses are accounted for.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are already members of Wyndham Rewards or prefer to stay at any of Wyndham’s 20+ brands
- Use their credit cards to spend heavily on gas, dining, or groceries
- Have an existing balance on another card that they can transfer and pay off without interest charges for over a year
- Plan to use a credit card for purchases outside the United States and don’t want to worry about foreign transaction fees
Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus Card Review
The Wyndham Rewards Earner Plus Visa Signature is a premium hotel rewards card that provides impressive savings at the pump, loyalty status boosts, multiple bonus offers, and more – all for a $75 annual fee.
How to Earn Rewards
Like the no-annual-fee Earner Card, the Earner Plus Visa Signature earns points towards the Wyndham Rewards loyalty program. The Wyndham loyalty program contains over 9,000 properties across twenty brands in 80 countries.
Cardholders earn the following points when using the Earner Plus Card to make purchases:
- 6X points on eligible purchases made at Hotels by Wyndham or on qualifying gas station purchases
- 4X points on eligible dining and groceries (note that this excludes Target and Walmart)
- 1X points on all other purchases (excluding Wyndham Vacation Club down payments)
The value of Wyndham Rewards points may vary, but they typically have a value of roughly one cent. This approximate valuation gives the gas and hotel purchase categories a value of six cents.
This valuation is impressive, but only slightly better than the no-annual-fee Earner Visa, which offers 5X points on the same categories. Fortunately, the secondary category – dining and groceries – offers double the value of the smaller sibling card, making the $75 annual fee more manageable.
Introductory and Annual Bonus Points Offers
Like the sibling Earner Visa, the Earner Plus also features several bonus offers. These bonus offers follow much the same formula as the no-annual-fee card but offer significantly more “oomph.”
First, the Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus Card comes with an enticing bonus offer of 45,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 within the first 90 days of opening an account. Second, there is an annual bonus of 7,500 points, with no spending requirements.
Receiving 45,000 bonus points for just $333 spending per month (on average) for the first three months is an excellent incentive. Reward nights with Wyndham starts as low as 7,500 points, meaning meeting this modest minimum spend gets you one free night at over 9,000 properties every month for the first three months after you open your account.
The addition of 7,500 annual bonus points without a spending requirement is another excellent addition to the card. Given the typical value of Wyndham Rewards points, this annual bonus essentially covers the annual fee, making it a no-brainer for the Wyndham Rewards member who plans to get the most out of the card.
0% Introductory APR on Balance Transfers
The card also includes an introductory 0% intro APR offer on balance transfers. Newly approved applicants can enjoy 15 months of no interest charges on existing balances transferred to the Earner Plus card. This perk gives the card more appeal, as it can attract anyone who wants to save monthly while still paying off other previous purchases.
You should note, however, that this interest-free period of 15 months applies to all balance transfers made within the first 45 days of opening the account.
How to Redeem Rewards
Free nights in the Wyndham Rewards program start from 7,500 points and rise to 30,000 points, depending on the room, time of stay, and property. These free nights fall under three categories:
- 1) go free: go free allows hotel rewards program members to redeem between 7,500 and 30,000 points for free nights at participating hotels or 15,000 to 30,000 points on bedrooms at participating club resort properties.
- 2) go fast: go fast allows members to use points to book discounted nights for between 1,500 and 6,000 points per bedroom.
- 3) go get ’em: With go get ’em, members earn 10 points per dollar or 1,000 points for every qualified stay, whichever is more.
Earner Plus cardholders can also transfer their Wyndham Rewards points to over a dozen other loyalty programs, including Aeromexico, Air Canada Aeroplan, Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles, United MileagePlus, and more.
Other ways to redeem points include discounts at Marathon gas stations, gift cards, shopping through Wyndham’s ShopAndEarn portal, and more.
Which Wyndham Earner Credit Card is Right for You?
Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus
- 45,000 bonus points welcome offer
- 6X points on gas and eligible Wyndham purchases
- 4X points on eligible dining and groceries
- 7,500 bonus points anniversary bonus (terms apply)
- Wyndham PLATINUM status
- $75 annual fee
- 30,000 bonus points welcome offer
- 5X points on gas and eligible Wyndham purchases
- 2X points on eligible dining and groceries
- 7,500 bonus points anniversary bonus (terms apply)
- Wyndham GOLD status
- No annual fee
Complimentary PLATINUM Status
The Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus Card also offers free access to Wyndham Rewards PLATINUM elite status.
PLATINUM status entitles holders to preferred room selection, free Wi-Fi during stays, early check-in, late check-out, Avis and Budget car rental upgrades, and more.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the Earner Plus Card from Barclays include:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Special cardmember discount rates when booking with Wyndham
- Visa Zero Fraud Liability
- Visa Roadside Assistance
- Travel and Emergency Accident Assistance
- Access to Visa Signature Concierge
FAQs About the Barclays Wyndham Rewards Cards
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding the Barclays Wyndham credit cards and the loyalty program, along with the answers:
- Yes. Wyndham and Caesars Rewards have joined forces to offer a status match for members of both loyalty programs.
- Joining Wyndham Rewards is free.
- Wyndham status ends at the end of December each year.
- Barclays credit cards are designed for those with excellent credit in mind, which is why they offer such exceptional features and rewards.
- Barclays uses TransUnion for pulling credit scores.
Barclaycard credit products are available in all 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia.
Barclays and Wyndham Earner Card Ratings
How does the Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa stack up? Here are a selection of expert reviews for the card, as well as an overview of Barclays as a bank:
Should You Apply for the Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus Card?
Overall, the Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus Card is a quality, premium hotel card that hits many of the right notes. The card doesn’t offer exceptional value with regards to points when compared to the no-annual-fee Earner Card, but the bonus offers and elite status matches more than make up for this shortfall.
The annual 7,500 points bonus essentially negates the annual fee of $75, and the 45,000 points for a modest $1,000 spend within 90 days is suitable for up to three free nights. The addition of Platinum status in Wyndham Rewards, however, as well as the status match for Caesars Rewards, make this card the ideal tool for the frequent traveler who prefers Wyndham but wants to enjoy themselves when they hit the casinos in Las Vegas, Reno, or any other destinations served by Caesars Entertainment.
Throw in some attractive 0% intro APR offers, no foreign transaction fees, and a few other excellent features, and Barclays and Wyndham have the makings of a robust hotel rewards card. Other options in the same $75-$99 price range include the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless from Chase (or the bank’s impressive Chase Sapphire Preferred) and the Citi Premier Card.