Last updated on April 27th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus Card
Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus Card
- 20.74%, 24.99% or 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 20.74%, 24.99% or 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 12 months from account opening date or 0% for 6 months (from purchase date) on Wyndham Timeshare purchases Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus Card is a premium hotel card that earns decent points for its $75 annual fee. The Barclays-issued card really comes into its own, however, when the impressive status upgrades, status matches, and big bonuses are accounted for.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 45,000 bonus points, enough for up to 6 free nights after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days
- Earn 6X points on eligible purchases made at Hotels by Wyndham as well as on qualifying gas purchases
- Earn 4X points on eligible dining and grocery store purchases (excluding Target® and Walmart®)
- Earn 1X points on all other purchases (excluding Wyndham Vacation Club down payments)
- Automatically receive a Wyndham Rewards GOLD member level and enjoy perks like free WiFi, preferred room selection, late checkout, and more
- Redeem 10% fewer Wyndham Rewards points for go free® awards, and earn your free nights faster
- Wyndham Rewards Earner Cardmembers can save even more on our Best Available Rate for stays at participating Hotels by Wyndham
- There is no limit to the number of points you can earn
- Redeem points you've earned for online shopping, discounts on gas, local tours and activities, gift cards, and so much more
- Earn 7,500 bonus points each anniversary year if you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases—that's enough for up to one free night every year
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date or 0% for 6 months (from purchase date) on Wyndham Timeshare purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 20.74%, 24.99% or 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 45 days of account opening
- Balance Transfer APR: 20.74%, 24.99% or 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $75
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 0% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40 (the amount of the fee varies by state)
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40 (the amount of the fee varies by state)
- You're already a member of Wyndham Rewards or prefer to stay at any of Wyndham’s 20+ brands
- You use your credit cards to spend heavily on gas, dining, or groceries
- You have an existing balance on another card that you can transfer and pay off without interest charges for over a year
- You plan to use a credit card for purchases outside the United States and don’t want to worry about foreign transaction fees
Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus CardTerms & Conditions
Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus Card Review
The Wyndham Rewards Earner Plus Visa Signature is a premium hotel rewards card that provides impressive savings at the pump, loyalty status boosts, multiple bonus offers, and more – all for a $75 annual fee.
How to Earn Rewards
Like the no-annual-fee Earner Card, the Earner Plus Visa Signature earns points towards the Wyndham Rewards loyalty program. The Wyndham loyalty program contains over 9,000 properties across twenty brands in 80 countries.
Cardholders earn the following points when using the Earner Plus Card to make purchases:
- 6X points on eligible purchases made at Hotels by Wyndham or on qualifying gas station purchases
- 4X points on eligible dining and groceries (note that this excludes Target and Walmart)
- 1X points on all other purchases (excluding Wyndham Vacation Club down payments)
The value of Wyndham Rewards points may vary, but they typically have a value of roughly one cent. This approximate valuation gives the gas and hotel purchase categories a value of six cents.
This valuation is impressive, but only slightly better than the no-annual-fee Earner Visa, which offers 5X points on the same categories. Fortunately, the secondary category – dining and groceries – offers double the value of the smaller sibling card, making the $75 annual fee more manageable.
0% Introductory APR on Balance Transfers
The card also includes an introductory 0% intro APR offer on balance transfers. Newly approved applicants can enjoy 15 months of no interest charges on existing balances transferred to the Earner Plus card. This perk gives the card more appeal, as it can attract anyone who wants to save monthly while still paying off other previous purchases.
You should note, however, that this interest-free period of 15 months applies to all balance transfers made within the first 45 days of opening the account.
How to Redeem Rewards
Free nights in the Wyndham Rewards program start from 7,500 points and rise to 30,000 points, depending on the room, time of stay, and property. These free nights fall under three categories:
- 1) go free: go free allows hotel rewards program members to redeem between 7,500 and 30,000 points for free nights at participating hotels or 15,000 to 30,000 points on bedrooms at participating club resort properties.
- 2) go fast: go fast allows members to use points to book discounted nights for between 1,500 and 6,000 points per bedroom.
- 3) go get ’em: With go get ’em, members earn 10 points per dollar or 1,000 points for every qualified stay, whichever is more.
Earner Plus cardholders can also transfer their Wyndham Rewards points to over a dozen other loyalty programs, including Aeromexico, Air Canada Aeroplan, Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles, United MileagePlus, and more.
Other ways to redeem points include discounts at Marathon gas stations, gift cards, shopping through Wyndham’s ShopAndEarn portal, and more.
Travel Card Compariosn
Wyndham Earner® Plus
Capital One® Savor®
|Rewards||Earn 5X points on Wyndham stays and gas, 2X on dining and groceries, and 1X on all other purchases.||Earn 6X points on Wyndham stays and gas, 4X on dining and groceries, and 1X on all other purchases.||Unlimited 4% back on dining, entertainment, and popular streaming services, 3% on groceries, and 1% on all other purchases.|
|Pts. bonus||Welcome offer, anniversary bonus||Welcome offer, anniversary bonus||Welcome offer|
Complimentary PLATINUM Status
The Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus Card also offers free access to Wyndham Rewards PLATINUM elite status.
PLATINUM status entitles holders to preferred room selection, free Wi-Fi during stays, early check-in, late check-out, Avis and Budget car rental upgrades, and more.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the Earner Plus Card from Barclays include:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Special cardmember discount rates when booking with Wyndham
- Visa benefits and protections
Cardholders enjoy Visa Signature credit card benefits. The Wyndham Rewards credit cards from Barclays provide Visa Signature protections, including:
|Zero Fraud Liability||Cardholder Inquiry Services||Emergency Card Replacement||Luxury Hotel Collection||Extended Warranty Coverage|
|Roadside Dispatch||Lost/Stolen Card Reporting||ID Navigator from Norton||Travel & Emergency Assistance||Extended Warranty Coverage|
FAQs About the Barclays Wyndham Rewards Cards
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding the Barclays Wyndham credit cards and the loyalty program, along with the answers:
- Yes. Wyndham and Caesars Rewards have joined forces to offer a status match for members of both loyalty programs.
- Joining Wyndham Rewards is free.
- Wyndham status ends at the end of December each year.
- Barclays credit cards are designed for those with excellent credit in mind, which is why they offer such exceptional features and rewards.
- Barclays uses TransUnion for pulling credit scores.
Barclays and Wyndham Earner Card Ratings
How does the Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa stack up? Here is a selection of expert reviews for the card, as well as an overview of Barclays as a bank:
|BestCards||Better Business Bureau||TrustPilot|
Should You Apply for the Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus Card?
Overall, the Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus Card is a quality, premium hotel card that hits many of the right notes. The card doesn’t offer exceptional value with regards to points when compared to the no-annual-fee Earner Card, but the bonus offers and elite status matches more than make up for this shortfall.
The annual 7,500 points bonus essentially negates the annual fee of $75, and the 45,000 points for a modest $1,000 spend within 90 days is suitable for up to three free nights. The addition of Platinum status in Wyndham Rewards, however, as well as the status match for Caesars Rewards, make this card the ideal tool for the frequent traveler who prefers Wyndham but wants to enjoy themselves when they hit the casinos in Las Vegas, Reno, or any other destinations served by Caesars Entertainment.
Throw in some attractive 0% intro APR offers, no foreign transaction fees, and a few other excellent features, and Barclays and Wyndham have the makings of a robust hotel rewards card. Other options in the same $75-$99 price range include the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless from Chase (or the bank’s impressive Chase Sapphire Preferred) and the Citi Premier Card.