Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card
Earn Up to 5 Points Per $1 Spent
- Regular Purchase APR 15.74%, 19.99%, or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.74%, 19.99%, or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% on all Wyndham Timeshare Purchases for 6 months
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases at Hotels By Wyndham and qualifying gas purchases
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on eligible dining and grocery purchases
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases (excluding Wyndham Timeshare resorts down payments)
- Automatically receive a Wyndham Rewards GOLD member level
- Cardmembers save even more on Wyndham's Best Available Rate at participating Hotels by Wyndham
- No annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% on all Wyndham Timeshare Purchases for 6 months
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.74%, 19.99%, or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 45 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.74%, 19.99%, or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Spoil your pup with a FREE upgrade to BarkBox. - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on all Afternoon Tea orders - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on The Berlin Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card is a no-annual-fee hotel card that earns solid points and offers some nice perks. The card, from Barclays, features complimentary Gold status in the Wyndham Rewards program, two 0% intro APR offers, and much more.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are already members of Wyndham Rewards
- Frequently stay at any of Wyndham’s 20+ brands
- Use their credit cards to spend heavily on gas, dining, or groceries
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee or foreign transaction fees
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card Review
The Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card is a no-annual-fee hotel rewards card that provides big savings at the pump, a decent signup bonus, and more.
How to Earn Rewards
Since the Earner Visa is co-branded with Wyndham, the card earns points towards the Wyndham Rewards loyalty program. The Wyndham Rewards program contains over 9,000 properties across twenty brands in 80 countries.
Cardholders earn the following points when using the Earner Card to make purchases:
- 5X points on purchases with Hotels by Wyndham or on gas station purchases
- 2X points on dining and groceries
- 1X points on all other purchases
While the value of Wyndham Rewards points varies from time to time, they typically have a value of roughly one cent. This approximate valuation gives the gas and hotel purchase categories a worth of five cents. This valuation is impressive for those who frequently travel, spend heavily on gas purchases, and want to earn points towards free nights with Wyndham.
Introductory and Annual Bonus Offers with the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card
The Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card comes with several bonus offers. First, the card includes an enticing incentive of 30,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 within the first 90 days of opening an account. Second, there is an annual bonus of 7,500 points after spending $15,000 on purchases over the year.
The initial signup bonus is appealing, but the latter offer is more of a nice-to-have than something to strive for. Sure, free night stays with Wyndham start at 7,500 points, but that doesn’t mean spending $15,000 is worth the hassle to obtain.
The final bonuses are 0% intro APR offers. The first is 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 15 months. This interest-free 15 months period applies to all balance transfers made within the first 45 days of opening the account. The second 0% APR offer is no interest on Wyndham Timeshare purchases for the first six months.
How to Redeem Rewards with the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card
Redeeming rewards points through the Wyndham Rewards program is straightforward. Free nights in the Wyndham Rewards program start from 7,500 points and rise to 30,000 points, depending on the room, time of stay, and property.
Free nights fall under one of three categories:
- 1) go free: go free allows hotel rewards program members to redeem between 7,500 and 30,000 points for free nights at participating hotels or 15,000 to 30,000 points on bedrooms at participating club resort properties.
- 2) go fast: go fast allows members to use points to book discounted nights for between 1,500 and 6,000 points per bedroom.
- 3) go get ’em: With go get ’em, members earn 10 points per dollar or 1,000 points for every qualified stay, whichever is more.
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card holders can also transfer their Wyndham Rewards points to over a dozen other loyalty programs, including Aeromexico, Air Canada Aeroplan, Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles, United MileagePlus, and more.
Other ways to redeem points include discounts at Marathon gas stations, gift cards, shopping through Wyndham’s ShopAndEarn portal. And more.
Complimentary Gold Status
The Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card also offers free access to Wyndham Rewards Gold elite status. While Gold is the first tier beyond Blue (the entry level), a free status upgrade is always a welcome proposition. Gold status entitles holders to preferred room selection, free Wi-Fi during stays, late checkout, and more.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the Earner Visa Card from Barclays include:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Special cardmember discount rates when booking with Wyndham
- Visa Zero Fraud Liability
Should You Apply for the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card?
Overall, the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card is a decent hotel rewards credit card for those who prefer to stay with Wyndham but don’t want to pay an annual fee. The Earner Card is certainly an improvement over the old Wyndham Rewards Visa Card in that it offers more points per dollar spent on gas and hotel stays, a larger signup bonus, and no foreign transaction fees.
While other hotel cards from other brands may offer more value, for a no-annual-fee card there isn’t much to dislike about the Earner. The regular APR on purchases and balance transfers in standard, the 0% introductory periods are solid, and the ability to earn points on gas, dining, and groceries is very good, indeed.