| Last updated on December 15th, 2023
Wyndham Rewards Earner® Card
Wyndham Rewards Earner® Card
- 20.99%, 25.24% or 30.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 20.99%, 25.24% or 30.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 30.49% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 12 months after account opening or 0% for 6 months (after purchase date) on Wyndham Timeshare purchases Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Wyndham Rewards Earner® Card is a no-annual-fee hotel card that earns solid points and offers some nice perks. The card, from Barclays, features complimentary GOLD status in the Wyndham Rewards program, two 0% intro APR offers (on balance transfers and Timeshare purchases), and much more.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 30,000 bonus points, enough for up to 4 free nights after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days
- Earn 5X points on eligible purchases made at Hotels by Wyndham as well as on qualifying gas purchases
- Earn 2X points on eligible dining and grocery store purchases (excluding Target® and Walmart®)
- Earn 1X points on all other purchases (excluding Wyndham Vacation Club down payments)
- Automatically receive a Wyndham Rewards GOLD member level and enjoy perks like free WiFi, preferred room selection, late checkout, and more
- Earn 7,500 bonus points each anniversary year if you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases – that's enough for up to one free night every year
- Redeem 10% fewer Wyndham Rewards points for go free® awards, and earn your free nights faster
- Wyndham Rewards Earner Cardmembers can save even more on our Best Available Rate for stays at participating Hotels by Wyndham
- There is no limit to the number of points you can earn
- Redeem points you've earned for online shopping, discounts on gas, local tours and activities, gift cards, and so much more
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months after account opening or 0% for 6 months (after purchase date) on Wyndham Timeshare purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 20.99%, 25.24% or 30.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 20.99%, 25.24% or 30.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 30.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $0
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 0% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40 (the amount of the fee varies by state)
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40 (the amount of the fee varies by state)
- You're already a member of the Wyndham Rewards loyalty program
- You frequently stay at any of Wyndham’s 20+ brands
- You use a credit card to spend frequently on gas, dining, or groceries
- You do't want to pay an annual fee
- You don’t want to be concerned about foreign transaction fees when shopping abroad
Wyndham Rewards Earner® Card Review
The Wyndham Rewards Earner® Card is a no-annual-fee hotel rewards card that provides big savings at the pump, a decent signup bonus, and more.
How to Earn Rewards
Since the Earner® Visa is co-branded with Wyndham, the card earns points towards the Wyndham Rewards loyalty program. The Wyndham Rewards program contains over 9,000 properties across twenty brands in 80 countries.
Cardholders earn the following points when using the Earner Card to make purchases:
- 5X points per $1 on eligible purchases made at Hotels by Wyndham or on qualifying gas station purchases
- 2X points per $1 on eligible dining and groceries (this excludes Target and Walmart)
- 1X points per $1 on all other purchases (this excludes Wyndham Vacation Club down payments)
While the value of Wyndham Rewards points varies from time to time, they typically have a value of roughly one cent. This approximate valuation gives the gas and hotel purchase categories a worth of five cents. This valuation is impressive for those who frequently travel, spend heavily on gas purchases, and want to earn points towards free nights with Wyndham.
Introductory and Annual Bonus Points Offers
The Wyndham Rewards Earner® Card comes with a great bonus offers: 30,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 within the first 90 days of opening an account. This is the equivalent of 4 free nights – enough to cover a great getaway. Cardholders also earn 7,500 bonus points each anniversary year if they spend $15,000 on eligible purchases.
The initial signup bonus is appealing, but the latter offer is more of a nice-to-have than something to strive for. Sure, free night stays with Wyndham start at 7,500 points, but that doesn’t mean spending $15,000 is worth the hassle to obtain.
How to Redeem Rewards with the Wyndham Rewards Earner® Card
Redeeming rewards points through the Wyndham Rewards program is straightforward. Free nights in the Wyndham Rewards program start from 7,500 points and rise to 30,000 points, depending on the room, time of stay, and property.
Free nights fall under one of three categories:
- 1) go free: go free allows hotel rewards program members to redeem between 7,500 and 30,000 points for free nights at participating hotels or 15,000 to 30,000 points on bedrooms at participating club resort properties.
- 2) go fast: go fast allows members to use points to book discounted nights for between 1,500 and 6,000 points per bedroom.
- 3) go get ’em: With go get ’em, members earn 10 points per dollar or 1,000 points for every qualified stay, whichever is more.
Wyndham Rewards Earner® Card holders can also transfer their Wyndham Rewards points to over a dozen other loyalty programs, including Aeromexico, Air Canada Aeroplan, Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles, United MileagePlus, and more.
Other ways to redeem points include discounts at Marathon gas stations, gift cards, shopping through Wyndham’s ShopAndEarn portal. And more.
Which Wyndham Earner Credit Card is Right for You?
Not sure which Wyndham Rewards credit card si right for you? Here is a comparison of the two cards and another popular cash back options:
Wyndham Earner® Plus
Capital One® Savor®
|Earn 5X points on Wyndham stays and gas, 2X on dining and groceries, and 1X on all other purchases.
|Earn 6X points on Wyndham stays and gas, 4X on dining and groceries, and 1X on all other purchases.
|Unlimited 4% back on dining, entertainment, and popular streaming services, 3% on groceries, and 1% on all other purchases.
|Welcome offer, anniversary bonus
|Welcome offer, anniversary bonus
Complimentary GOLD Status
The Wyndham Rewards Earner® Card also offers free access to Wyndham Rewards GOLD elite status. While GOLD is the first tier beyond Blue (the entry level), a free status upgrade is always a welcome proposition. GOLD status entitles holders to preferred room selection, free Wi-Fi during stays, late checkout, and more.
Related Article: The Ultimate Guide to the Wyndham Rewards Program
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the Earner Card from Barclays include:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Special cardmember discount rates when booking with Wyndham
- EMV chip technology for contactless payments
Cardholders also enjoy Visa Signature credit card benefits. The Wyndham Rewards credit cards from Barclays provide Visa Signature protections, including:
|Zero Fraud Liability
|Cardholder Inquiry Services
|Emergency Card Replacement
|Luxury Hotel Collection
|Extended Warranty Coverage
|Lost/Stolen Card Reporting
|ID Navigator from Norton
|Travel & Emergency Assistance
FAQs About the Barclays Wyndham Rewards Cards
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding the Barclays Wyndham credit cards and the loyalty program, along with the answers:
- Yes. Wyndham and Caesars Rewards have joined forces to offer a status match for members of both loyalty programs.
- Joining Wyndham Rewards is free.
- Wyndham status ends at the end of December each year.
- Barclays credit cards are designed for those with excellent credit in mind, which is why they offer such exceptional features and rewards.
- Barclays uses TransUnion for pulling credit scores.
Barclays and Wyndham Earner Card Ratings
Should You Apply for the Wyndham Rewards Earner® Card?
Overall, the Wyndham Rewards Earner® Card is a decent hotel rewards credit card for those who prefer to stay with Wyndham but don’t want to pay an annual fee. The Earner Card is certainly an improvement over the old Wyndham Rewards Visa Card in that it offers more points per dollar spent on gas and hotel stays, a larger signup bonus, and no foreign transaction fees.
While other hotel cards from other brands may offer more value, for a no-annual-fee card there isn’t much to dislike about the Earner. The regular APR on purchases and balance transfers in standard, the 0% introductory periods are solid, and the ability to earn points on gas, dining, and groceries is very good, indeed.
Browse Other Credit Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.