Last updated on June 27th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
NFL Extra Points Credit Card
NFL Extra Points Credit Card
- 15.99%, 20.99% or 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 15.99%, 20.99% or 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 26.24% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 6 months from account opening date on NFL Team Ticket Purchases Intro Purchase APR
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- 2X points on NFL and team purchases
- 1X points on all other purchases
- $20 off every $100 spent at NFLShop.com
- Redeem points for exclusive NFL rewards and experiences or cash back
- 0% introductory APR for 6 months on NFL ticket purchases
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date on NFL Team Ticket Purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99%, 20.99% or 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 45 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99%, 20.99% or 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 26.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
At a Glance
Being a football fan is extra rewarding with the NFL Extra Points Credit Card. Earn 2X points on all NFL and team purchases, special financing for ticket purchases within the first 6 months, and 20% off purchases at NFLShop.com. New cardholders will receive 10,000 bonus points after spending $500 in the first 90 days and can be redeemed for cash back for exclusive NFL experiences.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want 20% off at NFLShop.com
- Want a rewards card with no annual fee
- Want rewards in the form of NFL experiences
- Plan on buying NFL tickets within 6 months of opening the card
NFL Extra Points Credit Card Review
Are you ready for some football? The NFL Extra Points Credit Card is a must-have for any football fan with at least Good credit and is one of the best sports credit cards out there. Cards can be customized to feature your favorite team and provide great football-related perks both at the game or at home. Cardholders receive a 20% discount on all purchases made at the NFLShop.com, have access to exclusive NFL experiences (Super Bowl, anyone?), and the ability to earn free game tickets with points earned from everyday purchases.
New cardholders will earn a signup bonus of 10,000 points (a $100 value) after spending $500 in the first 90 days – a very reasonable amount. Although points can be redeemed for cash at a value of one cent each, points are worth much more when redeemed for an NFL experience:
- Draft Day Tickets – 5,000-15,000 points
- VIP Training Camp Access – 10,000 points
- Tickets to the Pro Bowl – 25,000 points
- Super Bowl Sideline Passes – 50,000 points
Regular Super Bowl tickets typically cost between $2500-$3000. If you were to book one of the cheapest Super Bowl seats your reward points would be worth a whopping 5 cents each – an incredible return that most rewards cards don’t even come close to.
0% Intro APR
The NFL Extra Points Credit Cards offers special 0% APR financing for NFL ticket purchases during first 6 months of the opening of your account. To best take advantage, apply for this card when there are specific game dates you want to attend. Bring your family and friends too and watch your points rack up with the 2x reward points for NFL and Team purchases (including NFL DirecTV®). You’ll only earn 1X points for everything else, but because this card has no annual fee, this card is easy to justify having – even for fair weather fans.
Should You Apply for the NFL Extra Points Credit Card?
Overall, if you want rewards in the form of NFL Team merchandise or free game-day tickets, there’s no downside to owning the NFL Extra Points Credit Card. There is no annual fee, minimum spend, and points don’t expire as long as your account is active. While not recommended for use as an everyday card, it’s low maintenance and can boost the value of your dollars spent on football-related purchases. If you’re a fan of multiple sports and want to be rewarded for more than just NFL tickets, check out the Savor® Rewards from Capital One®, where the 4% back on entertainment includes tickets to sporting events.