Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 15th, 2021
RCI® Elite Rewards® Mastercard®
RCI® Elite Rewards® Mastercard®
2,500 Bonus Rewards After First Purchase
- Regular Purchase APR 18.74%, 22.99% or 27.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 18.74%, 22.99% or 27.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 28.24% based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- 5X Rewards for every $1 spent on all eligible RCI purchases
- 2X Rewards for every $1 spent on all eligible travel purchases
- Redeem rewards for RCI Member Rewards credit, cash back, or travel
- Get 5% Rewards back every time you redeem points
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.74%, 22.99% or 27.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 45 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.74%, 22.99% or 27.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 28.24% based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The RCI® Elite Rewards® Mastercard® is a travel rewards card aimed at those who frequently book their vacations through RCI® – a leading vacation sharing service. The card earns 5x points for purchases with RCI®, 2x points on purchases for eligible travel, and single points for all other purchases. New cardholders also benefit from 2,500 points after making their first purchase, and an intro balance transfer APR of 0% for the first 15 months. The card also benefits from no annual fees and no foreign transaction fees.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently utilize RCI® for vacations
- Don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
RCI® Elite Rewards® Mastercard® Review
The RCI® Elite Rewards® Mastercard® is a co-branded reward credit card from Barclays US and RCI®, a global leader in vacation sharing. Cardholders earn 5 points for every dollar they send on RCI® purchases, 2 points for every dollar spent on eligible travel purchases, and 1 point for all other purchases made using the card.
How to Earn Rewards Sign-Up Bonus
New account holders also benefit from an introductory bonus of 2,500 bonus rewards points when making their first purchase with the RCI® ® Elite Rewards® Mastercard®. Additionally, after making $10,000 in card purchases within a calendar year, cardholders receive a $250 vacation credit.
How to Redeem Rewards
Points earned with the RCI® Elite Rewards® Mastercard® are redeemable for a number of different options, including RCI® Members Rewards credit, which is applicable towards exchange fees and membership renewals; for worldwide travel rewards, including car rentals, hotels, flights, and more when booking through BarclaysUS.com; or for cashback to help pay for resort fees. Cashback rewards start at as few as 2,500 points. As a bonus, every time a cardmember redeems for cash back, they receive a 5% cashback bonus.
Beyond the points earning potential for frequent travelers and vacationers, the RCI® Elite Rewards® Mastercard® benefits from an introductory APR offer of 0% APR on balance transfers for the first 15 months for all transfer made within the first 45 days of opening the account. After the initial introductory period ends, cardholders can expect a typical APR for both balance transfers and purchases that are competitive with other comparable rewards cards.
Other Card Features
The RCI® Elite Rewards® Mastercard® also provides cardholders with no annual fee and no transaction fees on international purchases, making it a valuable card should you prefer to vacation abroad. Overall, the RCI® Elite Rewards® Mastercard® is a great travel reward credit card for those who frequently use the RCI® program and want to get the most bang for their buck. With 5x points for RCI® purchases and 2x points for flights, if you love vacation sharing, it’s hard to see any negatives with the RCI® Elite Rewards® Mastercard®.
Should You Apply for the RCI® Elite Rewards® Mastercard®?
Ultimately the RCI® Reward Mastercard® never fails to escape the niche into which it is placed. For anyone other than a frequent timeshare the card has relatively little value. While no annual fees or foreign transaction fee help some, there isn’t value for those not connected to RCI. This, however, is a moot point, as that is precisely who the RCI® Reward Mastercard® is aimed at.