Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 12th, 2021
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card
- Regular Purchase APR 16.74%, 20.74% or 25.74% variable, depending on our review of your application and credit history
- Balance Transfer APR 16.74%, 20.74% or 25.74% variable, depending on our review of your application and credit history
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $95
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months on qualifying Wyndham Timeshare Purchases
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 8 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases made at Hotels by Wyndham as well as on qualifying gas purchases
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent on eligible marketing, advertising services, and utilities
- Earn 1 points per $1 spent on all other purchases (excluding Wyndham Timeshare resorts down payments)
- Automatically receive Wyndham Rewards DIAMOND member level
- Receive 15,000 bonus points each anniversary year – enough for up to two free nights at participating propeties
- Earn 45,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days
- Plus earn an additional 30,000 bonus points after spending a total of $2,000 in the first 6 months.
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months on qualifying Wyndham Timeshare Purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.74%, 20.74% or 25.74% variable, depending on our review of your application and credit history
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.74%, 20.74% or 25.74% variable, depending on our review of your application and credit history
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card is ideal for small companies that send their employees on trips for work – and want to earn impressive rewards towards significant savings. The card, issued by Barclays, features automatic Wyndham Diamond Elite status and more – for a $95 annual fee.
Ideal for those Who:
- Travel often and prefer booking accommodations with Wyndham hotels
- Plan to issue additional employee cards
- Plan to make purchases abroad and do not want to pay foreign transaction fees
- Like their employees to enjoy the best amenities when traveling, courtesy of Diamond elite status
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card Review
The Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Visa Card provides small and medium-sized businesses the purchasing power they need to supercharge their points earning.
How to Earn Rewards
The card, which features a $95 annual fee, earns a huge 8X points per dollar on Wyndham hotel stays and gas purchases. In addition, cardholders earn 5X points on marketing, advertising, utilities, and the typical 1X on everything else.
The 8X points on hotel stays and gas are the big talking points with the Earner business card. For companies that spend heavily on travel, the ability to amass a huge points tally is built into this card. And, while the terms and conditions of the Earner Business Card don’t stipulate additional employee cards at no extra cost, many other Barclays business credit cards offer this feature, so this is likely the case here as well.
Automatic Wyndham Diamond Status
Adding multiple employees to the same account can lead to significant point totals within the Wyndham Rewards program. This ability is made even more impressive, given that the Earner Business Card offers automatic Diamond status in the Wyndham Rewards program.
Diamond status allows cardholders to earn 12X points on Hotels by Wyndham stays, in addition to the 8X points they’ll earn through the Earner Card itself.
Other benefits of Diamond status include:
- Suite upgrades
- Welcome amenities at check-in
- Complimentary Gold status to a friend or family member
- Complimentary Diamond status match in the Caesars Rewards loyalty program
The Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Credit Card offers the same signup bonuses as the Earner+ Visa Signature personal card. Earn 45,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days, plus earn an additional 30,000 bonus points on the account anniversary.
Those two bonus offers are worth up to 7 free nights since free stays with Hotels by Wyndham start as low as 7,500 points. However, the value is probably closer to four free nights – which is still an excellent value for just $1,000 in spending.
How to Redeem Wyndham Rewards
Free nights in the Wyndham Rewards program start from 7,500 points and rise to 30,000 points, depending on the room, time of stay, and property. These free nights fall under three categories:
- 1) go free: go free allows hotel rewards program members to redeem between 7,500 and 30,000 points for free nights at participating hotels or 15,000 to 30,000 points on bedrooms at participating club resort properties.
- 2) go fast: go fast allows members to use points to book discounted nights for between 1,500 and 6,000 points per bedroom.
- 3) go get ’em: With go get ’em, members earn 10 points per dollar or 1,000 points for every qualified stay, whichever is more.
Earner Business cardholders can also transfer points to over a dozen other loyalty programs, including:
- Air Canada Aeroplan
- Air China
- American Airlines AAdvantage
- Amtrak Guest Rewards
- Avianca LifeMiles
- China Eastern
- Fortune Wings Club
- Frontier Airlines FRONTIER Miles
- Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles
- PAYBACK Points
- Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles
- United MileagePlus
Other ways to redeem points include discounts at Marathon gas stations, gift cards, shopping through Wyndham’s ShopAndEarn portal. And more.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the Earner Business Card from Barclays include:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Special cardmember discount rates when booking with Wyndham
- Visa Zero Fraud Liability
- Visa Roadside Assistance
- Travel and Emergency Accident Assistance
- Visa business tools and online account management
Should You Apply for the Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Card?
Travel is a category in which many small to medium-sized companies spend heavily. Fortunately, the Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Card makes business travel a reward experience – in more ways than one.
The card enjoys a very impressive 8X points on both gas station purchases and Hotels by Wyndham bookings. The addition of 5X points on select business-specific purchases (namely marketing, advertising, and utilities) is another perk.
The addition of Diamond status in Wyndham Rewards, plus the up to seven free nights from bonuses, make redeeming free nights a breeze. With potential suite upgrades and Caesars Rewards status match, staying with Wyndham in places like Las Vegas becomes an enticing and luxurious experience for corporate travelers.
Overall, the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card is something of a no-brainer for the budget-savvy business that often travels, issues company cards to employees, and wants them to travel in style wherever work takes them in the world.