Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on August 22nd, 2022
- Regular Purchase APR 18.24%, 22.24% or 27.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 18.24%, 22.24% or 27.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent
- Processing Network Mastercard
- 3X points on JetBlue purchases
- 2X points at restaurants and grocery stores
- 1X points on all other purchases
- Save 50% on inflight cocktails and food purchases
- Unlimited earning
- Points never expire
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.24%, 22.24% or 27.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months on transfers made within 45 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.24%, 22.24% or 27.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 27.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The JetBlue Card is an excellent option for travelers who don’t fly often enough to validate having an airline credit card with an annual fee. Earn 10,000 TrueBlue account points on signup, 3X points for JetBlue purchases, 2X for dining and groceries, and 1X for everything else.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want a premium airline card without paying the annual fee they typically charge
- Want flexible rewards that never expire and have no blackout dates
- Don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees
- Want 0% introductory APR on balance transfers made in the first 45 days of account opening
- Travel only a few times a year within the United States or the Caribbean
JetBlue Card Review
The JetBlue Card is a great starter airline credit card for the casual JetBlue flier. The perks are impressive for a card without an annual fee, especially when paired with their strong TrueBlue airline reward program – ranked number 3 by U.S. News.
0% Intro APR
One of the nice features of the JetBlue Card from Barclays is its balance transfer bonus. New accounts enjoy 0% introductory APR on balance transfers made in the first 45 days of account opening. Once that period ends, the interest rates with the card are competitive – but not inspiring.
How to Earn Rewards
Earning miles with the card is easy, and JetBlue will start you off with their signup bonus of 10,000 points – a value of over $200, enough for a free one-way ticket. Once on board your flight, you can continue to reap the benefits of your JetBlue Card by enjoying 50% off all inflight cocktail and food purchases.
Users earn 3X points for JetBlue operated flight purchases, 2X for dining and groceries, and 1X points per $1 spent on everything else. The JetBlue Card caters to both those who dine out and cook at home and makes it a convenient way to earn free flights regardless of wherever you end up eating. Even the most infrequent of travelers will be able to accumulate a decent number of miles from everyday food purchases. TrueBlue points never expire, and there is no cap to the number of points you can earn per category.
Redeeming TrueBlue Points
If you’re not brand loyal to any airline and are trying to determine which airline credit card is right for you, keep in mind that most JetBlue’s award flights flights are to destinations on the East Coast. West Coast stops will be limited to the major cities, and pickings will be even slimmer for flights to the Midwest or Central United States. You’ll be in good shape for international flights if you’re visiting the Caribbean, but if you’re planning on traveling to Europe or Asia you’ll likely have to a different airline credit card with more comprehensive international options. That said, JetBlue has plans to launch a UK service later this year, meaning the card will offer even more value in the future.
Should You Apply for the JetBlue Card?
Ultimately, the JetBlue card a great introductory airline card for those who only fly from time to time (and typically fly JetBlue). The lack of an annual fee means that cardholders can earn points at their leisure, without the pressure of spending or traveling a certain amount to make their card “worth it.” But beyond its point-earning capabilities, the card has little else to offer in terms of enhancing your booking or inflight experience. Cardholders won’t receive freebies such as checked bags and shouldn’t expect red carpet treatment of priority boarding. This card’s sole purpose is to earn points towards free flights.
If you have excellent credit and fly at least a couple of times throughout the year, you should definitely spring for the JetBlue Plus card. You’ll earn twice as many points for purchasing JetBlue flights, earn 5,000 annual bonus points for your account anniversary (which already covers more than half of the card’s annual fee), plus a free checked bag for you and three companions.