| Last updated on September 8th, 2023
Allways Rewards Visa®
Allways Rewards Visa®
- 20.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 20.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 23.24% to 30.24% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The Allways Rewards Visa® is a good value for those who frequently fly with Allegiant and can make the most of the card given its $59 annual fee.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- 3 points per $1 on Allegiant purchases (air, hotel, car rental and attractions)
- 2 points per $1 on qualifying dining purchases
- 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
- No blackout dates, destination restrictions, or minimum points redemption
- Complimentary priority boarding and one free beverage on Allegiant flights
- Buy one, get one free airfare with purchase of a vacation package from Allegiant
- Regular Purchase APR: 20.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 20.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 23.24% to 30.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $59
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $29
- You travel often
- You frequently book trips with Allegiant
- You're looking to earn rewards redeemable for award flights and other perks
- You want a card with no foreign transaction fees
Allways Rewards Visa Review
The Allways Rewards Visa rewards low budget vacation lovers with impressive rewards and a selection of carrier-specific perks.
How to Earn Rewards
The Allegiant Allways Rewards Visa (previously the Allegiant World Mastercard) earns decent reward points with every purchase – including 3X points per dollar on Allegiant purchases. This means that any spending with Allegiant – be it airfare, hotel bookings, car rentals, or attractions – receives three points for every dollar spent. Cardholders also earn 2X points on dining purchases and 1X on all other purchases.
Introductory Bonus Points
The Allegiant Card also comes with an enticing signup bonus: currently 15,000 points. This bonus requires a $1,000 spend within the first 90 months of opening an account, which is an acceptable – but not exceptional – offer worth $150 towards Allegiant travel.
How to Redeem Rewards
Redeeming points with the Allegiant Allways Rewards Visa is a straightforward process. Points apply towards award flights, car rentals, and hotel packages through Allegiant.
Redemption options, however, do come with some limitations and restrictions. Chief among these restrictions is that Allegiant does not allow the booking of hotels only with points. Hotel bookings must be made in conjunction with award flights, limiting the value cardholders receive.
There are no blackout dates when booking award travel, however, which is a positive.
Low-Cost Carrier Comparison
How does the Allegiant Visa compare with other low-cost carrier credit cards?
Allways Rewards Visa®
Sun Country Airlines® Visa Signature®
Free Spirit® Travel World Mastercard®
|Sun Country Airlines
|Bank of America
|Bank of America
|3X points on Allegiant purchases, 2X on qualifying dining, and 1X on all other purchases
|3X points on Sun Country purchases, 2X on gas and groceries, and 1X on all other purchases
|2X points on Spirit purchases, 1X on all other purchases
|No blackout dates; complimentary priority boarding and one free beverage on Allegiant flights; BOGO airfare with purchase of a vacation package from Allegiant
|1X free premium drink per flight; 50% off seat selections and first bag when flying with Sun Country; priority boarding on Sun Country flights; 10,000-point anniversary bonus
|Zone 2 boarding on Spirit flights; 25% savings on all in-flight food and beverage purchases
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the Allways Rewards Visa credit card include the following:
- Priority Boarding: Showing the Allways card when flying with the carrier gives the cardholder complimentary priority boarding. They’ll also receive one free drink every time they fly with Allegiant.
- Buy One, Get One Free: Purchase any vacation package from Allegiant, which consists of four or more hotel nights or seven or more rental car days on the same itinerary, and get the second one free.
- No foreign transaction fees
Cardholders also enjoy enhanced security protection and travel benefits courtesy of Visa Signature. The Visa payment network is accepted by more merchants than any other network worldwide, and Visa Signature is the network’s elevated tier, offering the following:
|Zero Fraud Liability
|Cardholder Inquiry Services
|Emergency Card Replacement
|Luxury Hotel Collection
|Extended Warranty Coverage
|Lost/Stolen Card Reporting
|ID Navigator from Norton
|Travel & Emergency Assistance
Bank of America Ratings
What is Bank of America like as a card issuer and account manager? Here is a selection of expert and consumer ratings for the bank:
Should You Apply for the Allways Rewards Visa?
The Allways Rewards Visa from Allegiant is a pretty good airline rewards card when all things are considered.
For those that frequently book with Allegiant, booking an entire trip package directly through the airline with four or more hotel nights or seven or more days of car rentals on the same itinerary means you can receive a buy one, get one free flight offer. However, the benefits don’t stop there: cardholders also receive complimentary beverages and priority boarding when they fly with Allegiant and show their Visa Signature card.
For all the card’s strengths, however, some things hamper its potential. Cardholders may only redeem points for flights, car rentals, and hotel stays with Allegiant. They can’t use miles for other options found with competitor rewards cards. Also, you can’t use points for hotel stays only. The $59 annual fee is also a tad on the high side when compared to other similar cards that offer comparable value. Many of those cards offer no annual fees.
However, the Allegiant Allways Rewards Visa is a decent airline rewards card for those who often travel with the carrier. With no blackout dates and good points-earning potential, if you are looking for sound U.S. airline card, give this one a second look.
Browse Other Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.