Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on October 7th, 2021
JetBlue Plus Card
Earn 70,000 Bonus Points
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $99
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Processing Network Mastercard
- 6X points on JetBlue purchases
- 2X at restaurants and grocery stores
- 1X on all other purchases
- Free first checked bag for you and up to 3 companions on the same reservation
- Earn 5,000 bonus points every year after your account anniversary
- Save 50% on in-flight cocktail and food purchases
- $100 statement credit on JetBlue Vacation packages
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months on transfers made 45 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $99
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The JetBlue Plus Card maximizes the power of TrueBlue points and allows cardholders to quickly earn free flights by offering one of the most generous point bonuses in the airline industry and an impressive 70,000 sign up bonus.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel multiple times per year within the United States or the Caribbean
- Want flexible rewards that never expire and have no blackout dates
- Want a free checked bag for you and up to 3 companions
- Want to earn points for both dining out and grocery stores
JetBlue Plus Card Review
A fan-favorite airline card, the JetBlue Plus Card makes it incredibly easy for travel-lovers to earn points towards free flights. Although there is a $99 annual fee, cardholders will find themselves able to recoup the cost relatively quickly.
There’s the huge signup bonus of 70,000 points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days, a 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for the first 12 months, and 5,000 account anniversary bonus points. Users will earn a generous 6X points per dollar spent on JetBlue flight purchases, 2X points on dining and grocery stores, and 1X points per $1 spent on everything else.
Excellent Travel Benefits
The JetBlue Plus card is even more enticing because of its travel-related perks. Cardholders will enjoy a free first checked bag for themselves and up to three other companions on the same reservation – a significant savings of $60 per person on a round trip flight – and 50% off in-flight cocktail and food purchases.
Cardholders also enjoy TrueBlue Mosaic status when they spend $50,000 or more on purchases within a calendar year. Mosaic provides a wide-range of perks for TrueBlue members, including:
- Fee-Free Itineraries: Mosaic members have fees waived for cancellations and changes
- Bag Allowances: Mosaic members get their first and second bags checked free of charge
- Security: Mosaic members have access to expedited security checkpoints
- Priority Boarding
- Complimentary alcoholic beverages in-flight
- Dedicated customer service support
While JetBlue has limited international flights beyond the Caribbean and South America (with London services beginning later this year, the lack of foreign transaction fees means you’ll be able to swipe without a second thought whenever you do fly outside of the country.
The 2X points for dining and grocery stores mean that this card could easily moonlight as your go-to dining card. Compared to some of the other major airline cards that only offer dining rewards for spending at restaurants or grocery stores, JetBlue’s reward categories make dining reward points highly accessible regardless of your eating habits or lifestyle.
Whether you’re big on meal planning, only have time for take-out, or love the convenience of coffee drive-thru’s you’ll be able to accumulate a sizable amount of TrueBlue points based on your dining habits alone.
0% Intro APR
One of the nice features of the JetBlue Plus Card from Barclays is its balance transfer bonus. New accounts enjoy 0% introductory APR on balance transfers made in the first 45 days of account opening. Once that period ends, the interest rates with the card are competitive – but not inspiring.
Perfect for Award Flights
This card is a great fit for loyal JetBlue flyers who zips around the U.S or the Caribbean but is equally suitable for the less frequent traveler who would prefer to save their points for special occasions or last-minute emergencies.
TrueBlue points never expire and there are no earning limits on reward categories, so JetBlue Plus Card members won’t have to deal with the pressure of losing unused points. When you are ready to book a flight, you’ll find that redeeming your points is always hassle-free since there are no blackout dates.
For more information on the True Blue loyalty program, check out:
Should You Apply for the JetBlue Plus Card?
Overall, the perks of JetBlue Plus Card paired with the flexible TrueBlue rewards program make this card one of the best airline cards out there and well worth the $99 annual fee (Love JetBlue but don’t love credit card fees? Try the free version of the JetBlue Card). It brings very strong offerings to the table beyond its flight-related purchasing power. Although this card does not offer priority boarding or lounge access, it more than makes up for those perks with a free checked bag (for you and 3 guests), anniversary bonus points, and the generous return on reward categories. Whether your travels find you flying every few days or every few years, the JetBlue Plus airline card is a serious contender for the next slot in your wallet.