Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on March 11th, 2021
Farm Sanctuary Visa® Credit Card
Help End Farm Animal Abuse
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good , Fair
- Processing Network Visa
- A donation of $50 is made to Farm Sanctuary after each credit card account is approved and used within the first 90 days of approval
- Each time the card is used, 0.5% of the amount of each purchase is donated to Farm Sanctuary
- No annual fee
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for 12 months, when balance transfer is completed within 90 days of opening an account
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% APR for 12 months on transfers made within 60 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater ($50 maximum)
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
At a Glance
Are you a friend of farm animals? Animal advocates will crow about the Farm Sanctuary Visa® Credit Card; issued by UMB Bank, this Visa credit card is a simple financial tool with good intentions that donates money to a great cause each time it’s used. Designed for animal lovers, it features images of our favorite farm animals to help raise awareness about the plight of cattle, livestock and other domestic creatures – and with each swipe, a portion of every retail purchase is donated to help to end farm animal abuse.
For each approved card application, a donation is made to Farm Sanctuary, as well. This card truly serves as an egg-ceptional credit card choice for those who wish to improve the lives of farm animals in the United States.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Love farm animals, and want to help end farm animal abuse
- Want to give back, each time they make a purchase
- Will help farm animals by using this card for everyday spending
- Want a credit card that has no annual fee
- Would like convenient online access to manage card account information and make payments
Farm Sanctuary Visa® Credit Card Review
Farm Sanctuary, the namesake of the Farm Sanctuary Visa® Credit Card, is a non-profit animal protection organization that was founded in 1986 in the United States as the country’s first shelter for farmed animals. Promoting laws and policies to support animal protection, animal welfare, and veganism Farm Sanctuary advocates rescue, education, and advocacy to bring attention to (and to help end) farm animal abuse. With sanctuaries in New York state and in Southern California, the organization has worked tirelessly to help animals for the past three decades. UMB Bank has taken up their advocacy, and the co-branded Farm Sanctuary Visa card is designed specifically for animal lovers who want to help Farm Sanctuary’s cause.
Card highlights include:
- No annual fee
- Special introductory APR (for balance transfers)
- Competitive interest rates
- Convenient account access via mobile app and web
Farm Sanctuary Visa Card Rewards
Cardholders who use their Farm Sanctuary Visa for everyday spending will have the satisfaction of knowing that their purchases are helping to make a difference in the lives of livestock and other farm animals. Farm Sanctuary receives $50 for each approved credit card application that is activated and used within 90 days of approval.
An additional percentage (0.5%) of each retail purchase made while using the Farm Sanctuary Visa® will be donated as well. This card stands out from other balance transfer cards in that all proceeds go towards charity.
Competitive Interest Rates and Perks from UMB Bank
Cardholders will enjoy interest rates that are competitive for cards of this type; UMB Bank assigns an APR to your account based on creditworthiness, and this rate will vary with the market, based on the Prime Rate. A generous introductory APR of 0% for the first 12 billing cycles is available for balance transfers that are made within 60 days from the account opening. This is ideal for cardholders who are looking to pay down existing debt and wish to see hefty interest fees put out to pasture.
There is no annual fee associated with the Farm Sanctuary Visa Credit Card, which will help cardholders save money, too. In fact, with proper planning, cardholders can save beaucoop bucks while also contributing to a great cause.
Customize Your Card
Choose from one of five card images – featuring beloved (and cute) farm animals like a cow, pig, sheep, rooster, or goat, ewe will be able to customize your card however suits your mood.
Visa Card Benefits
Cardholders are eligible for all the great benefits that accompany a Platinum Visa® Rewards card, in addition to convenient online access from UMB Bank. These benefits include:
- Auto Rental Insurance (automatically covers the repair or loss of a rental car, whenever you use your Visa card to pay for the car rental)
- Convenient access to thousands of ATMs – get cash fast, when you need it
- Visa’s Zero Fraud Liability Protection (Visa does not hold you liable for unauthorized purchases made online and in person). This covers only cards issued in the US. You must notify your financial institution immediately of any unauthorized use in order to qualify.
- Travel Assistance Services (aid in pre-trip planning, legal referrals and medical referrals)
Should You Apply for the Farm Sanctuary Visa® Credit Card from UMB Bank?
When it comes to helping farm animals, the Farm Sanctuary Visa card certainly doesn’t horsearound. Although it is considered a rewards card, the cash back rewards act as a donation to Farm Sanctuary, so the real reward for using it is the knowledge that you are making a difference in the lives of farm animals and helping to raise awareness about farm animal abuse. Opening a Farm Sanctuary card account (and using the card within 90 days of application approval) will see $50 donated to help abused livestock, and each time you swipe this card, a portion of your purchase is donated to Farm Sanctuary, too.
Cardholders will benefit from a competitive interest rate for purchases, balance transfers and cash advances. There is no annual fee, and a generous introductory APR for balance transfers make this card ideal for friends of farm animals who want to save money while paying down an existing balance. All in all, this is a feel-good credit card that has no frills – while there may not be a lucrative personal rewards program to milk, this card will certainly help cardholders keep their money in the bank, even as they make a difference in the lives of farm animals.