NDSU Visa® Rewards Card
Show School Pride and Earn Rewards
- Regular Purchase APR 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 3% cash back on rideshares and fast food, including at cafes
- Earn 2% cash back at gas stations and dine-in restaurants
- Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases
- Low introductory APR
- Intro Purchase APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars; 2% of the transaction amount in other currencies
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in Brooklyn - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in New York - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in West Hollywood - Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The NDSU Visa® Rewards Card combines Bison school pride with rewards for dining and local travel. Need a ride to campus, or heading home for the holidays? Enjoy 3% cash back on rideshares and 2% on gas. If you’re looking for a study break, the 3% on fast food and cafes can help you save with every latte or cheeseburger bought. Not to mention, you’ll also get 2% at dine-in restaurants when you really need to treat yourself.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are fans, graduates, students, faculty, or staff of North Dakota State University
- Want to earn up to 3% cash back for their Bison pride
- Frequently spend on fast food and ridesharing, along with gas and dining out
NDSU Visa® Rewards Card Review
The Visa rewards card for North Dakota State University packs rewards fit for college life. Cobranded with Commerce Bank, this offer focuses its top rewards on common spending categories for students: fast food, coffee, and ridesharing.
This may not translate as well to graduates and fans, but the elevated rewards on traditional dining and gas give an additional boost. Not many other perks come with this particular card, though, so most of the value lies in its rewards and school spirit.
NDSU Visa® Credit Card Rewards
It should come as no surprise that a college branded card offers the most rewards for common student expenses. Whether you stop by The Bison Beanery or take an Uber over to Young Blood Coffee, this card will give you 3% cash back on the coffee, as well as the ride over. Even those late night fast food runs earn the same rewards. This makes the NDSU Visa a good option for students who have already started to build a solid credit score.
For non-students, these rewards can still benefit those who live in cities where ridesharing is popular, or who make daily coffee runs before work. Meanwhile, the 2% at gas stations and restaurants can be helpful both in and out of college. These two categories, combined with the 1% on uncategorized purchases, is pretty standard for many student credit cards that offer rewards.
How to Use Your NDSU Visa® Rewards
Unfortunately, your spending and rewards won’t benefit North Dakota State University through donations. However, you can take advantage of your cash back through statement credits, fuel discounts, airline tickets, gift cards, and merch from the Commerce Bank rewards center.
Commerce Bank doesn’t provide exact values for anything but statement credits, which come out to 1 cent per reward “point.” However, it does stipulate a few rules for redeeming your rewards, like these:
- Points expire 3 years from the date issued
- You must have at least 2,500 points to redeem for a statement credit ($25 value)
- You must have at least 10,000 points to redeem for a nonrefundable plane ticket
Additional Visa® Rewards Card Perks
As a Commerce Bank credit card, you can expect this offer to come with a few extra benefits that may or may not sway you. For one, it provides access to toggle. This program allows you to choose when to pay for certain charges (either right away, or with your regular statement). This is touted as a budget management tool that helps you make sure your must-haves get taken care of.
The card also offers a limited time introductory APR of 1.99% on purchases and balance transfers. This lasts for the first 6 months from account opening – not as groundbreaking as some of the 0% introductory cards, but it does ease you into the card’s average regular APR.
Should You Apply for the NDSU Visa® Rewards Card?
If the lack of clarity and strict rules around redemption matter less to you than showing moral support for the school, then the NDSU card is worth consideration. It will add some pep to your wallet while helping you earn some cash back.
However, you’ll also want to weigh the value of the cash back categories against your spending habits. If you don’t tend to spend very much on the items and services with 3% earnings, you may want to consider a more rewarding card. Unless of course, you already have other cards to turn to for major rewards.