Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Commerce Bank toggle® Card
Take Complete Control of Your Statement Balance
- Regular Purchase APR 12.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 12.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- 3% cash back at coffee shops, fast food, and ride shares
- 2% cash back on gas and restaurant purchases
- 1% back on all other purchases
- Preset certain vendors or purchase amounts can be set to be paid of instantly (won’t increase your card balance)
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of each transaction in U.S. dollars. 2% of each transaction made in currencies other than U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ – Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 – See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry – Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 – See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels – Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 – See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase at Harry & David – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Troon® Golf for Visa Infinite – Offer Expires on January 26, 2022 – See Details
- Sonoma Wine Tastings 2:1 Offer with a Visa Signature or Visa Infinite Card – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a Glance
The toggle® Card from Commerce Bank is a cash back rewards credit card that syncs to your existing Commerce Bank checking account. The card earns 3% cash back on fast food, coffee shop, and ride share purchases, 2% cash back at gas stations and all other restaurants, and 1% back on every other purchase. There is no annual fee and cardholders also can earn unlimited cash back. They will also benefit from a special introductory offer of 0% APR on both balance transfers and purchases for the first 12 months after opening an account.
Commerce Bank toggle® Card Review
The Commerce Bank toggle® Card is a versatile rewards credit card from Midwestern bank, Commerce Bank. The card is designed to help cardholders save on their everyday purchases, earning cash back on everything from gas and coffee to ride shares and fast food.
The Commerce Bank toggle® Card earns 3% cash back on purchases made at both coffee shops and fast-food restaurants, making it the perfect choice for those who want a quick lunch – or a quick latte. They also receive 3% cash back when using their toggle® to book rides through ride share programs, like Lyft or Uber. Cardholders earn 2% cash back for purchases at gas stations and all other restaurants, as well as 1% cash back on all other purchases. There are no caps to the amount of cash back a cardholder can earn.
Commerce heralds the toggle® Card as a different take on cash back, and they back it up. The toggle® Card connects to an existing Commerce checking account, allowing cardholders to set-up autopay on certain purchases, so they can reduce their statement balance and keep their credit utilization as low as possible. If, however, they wish to avoid paying for purchases, such as big-ticket or expensive items, they can carry the balance onto their statement and pay at the end of the month, as usual. The addition of these toggles, as well as online account management tools makes managing tracking and spending a breeze.
The toggle® Card from Commerce also features a special initial offer of 0% intro APR on both purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months, followed by an average APR after that. Sure, the typical APR of around 17% isn’t going to turn heads, but given the unique account controls and impressive cash back rewards, it won’t turn anyone off either. The card also features no annual fee, making it a reliable choice for those who want a cash back rewards credit card that works with them.
Should You Apply for Commerce Bank toggle® Card?
The toggle® Card from Commerce Bank is another unique credit card innovation from bank chock full of them. The card earns 3% cash back on fast food, coffee shop, and rideshare purchases, 2% cash back at gas stations and all other restaurants, and 1% back on every other purchase. What’s unique about the card, however, is that it connects to an existing Commerce Bank account. This allows cardholders to switch between debit and credit – want to pay off smaller purchases instantly? Set them to debit, but leave groceries as credit. It’s up to you. Overall, this is a great innovation that adds significant value.