Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 4th, 2021
Kansas City Royals Mastercard®
- Regular Purchase APR 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- 3% cash back on dining, coffee shops, and ride shares
- 2% cash back on gas
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- Discounted game tickets and exclusive events
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 27.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of each transaction in U.S. dollars; 2% of each transaction made in currencies other than U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
Show your Kansas City Royals pride with the Kansas City Royals Mastercard® from Midwestern-based Commerce Bank. If baseball is your kind of game, this may be your type of rewards credit card – all for no annual fee and an introductory offer, of course. Cardholders also get the best KC Royals™ experiences, perks, and more. Earn unlimited points for your purchases and discover Mastercard features that offer all the security protection one needs in a credit card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are diehard Kansas City Royals fans
- Prefer a no-annual-fee credit card to get the most value on rewards points
- Want access to exclusive Royals events and unique KC Royals experiences
- Want discounted tickets to Royals games so they can go all out at the food concession stands
- Live in the Kansas City area for home game redeemable perks
Kansas City Royals Mastercard Review
Take your Royals pride to the next level with the Kansas City Royals™ credit card. Between rewards point earnings and introductory offers, cardholders will be sure to notice the value in their pockets with the Kansas City Royals™ credit card. According to Commerce Bank, the card has a 4.5/5 overall rating, and the why is clear. The perks on this card will cater to your baseball experience needs by simply piling up your reward points.
When you use the Kansas City Royals Mastercard® for your purchases, you will get rewarded for all your shopping. The card earns up to 3X points on unlimited rewards per dollar spent, which means there is no need to worry about your rewards expiring before you can redeem them for some goodies. Earn 3X points when you use the Kansas City Royals Mastercard® at your local coffee shops and fast-food locations, for example. So, prepare to gain extra rewards points on your next coffee break or your next quick bite to eat. And the unlimited 3X points do not stop there. Catch a ridesharing service to the next ball game, or anywhere really, and collect 3X the points per dollar spent too.
Alongside the coffee shop, fast food, and rideshare rewards, the Kansas City Royals Mastercard® earns 2X points at gas stations and restaurants. Fill up the gas tank and head out to your favorite restaurant on a night out with some fine dining and collect points in return. The best part is the rewards points do not stop there, either. Cardholders will also earn unlimited 1X points on all other purchases. Every purchase made with the Kansas City Royals Mastercard® will earn you points from any category ranging from food and dining to gas stations, shopping, and more.
How to Redeem Points
Redeem your Kansas City Royals™ Mastercard® points for exclusive cardholder experiences, such as VIP events, discounted tickets, and more. The unique Royals Rewards are typically available during the regular MLB season. These experiences you won’t want to miss, and the list is long.
Some of these experiences include watching the fireworks from center field, Bullpen Breakfast with a Royals ™ celebrity, Dugout Suite tickets, and so much more. The redeemable experiences change often. Sometimes you can get home game tickets for 2,000 points. To break that down, if you’re spending about $300 at gas stations, coffee shops, and rideshares per month combined, that’s almost half the points needed for experiences worth 2,000 points. You’ll be well on your way to the next ball game with the way this card stacks up on the rewards points.
Introductory 0% APR
Get 0% APR for the first 12 months from opening an account for purchases and balance transfers. So, if you’re planning on making a big purchase, like baseball game tickets for the whole family, save yourself some cash on interest with the 0% APR. Pay the purchase off within the first 12 months of opening an account and yo’ll get maximum savings by paying no interest.
Likewise, the introductory offer can be of great benefit if you’re looking to pay down existing debt. With the 0% APR also applicable on balance transfers, cardholders can consolidate existing debt for 12 months of interest-free payments. This creates an excellent opportunity to chisel down on debt with responsible use of the credit card.
As with all Mastercard credit cards, the Kansas City Royals™ Mastercard® comes equipped with standard peace-of-mind features. Keep your payment information protected from fraud and identity theft, plus more. The Mastercard perks include the following:
- Zero Liability Protection
- Identity Theft
- Resolution Services
- Priceless Cities® for access to valuable everyday discounts
- Mastercard Global Service™
- Mastercard Airport Concierge™
Should You Apply for the Kansas City Royals Mastercard?
Overall, the Kansas City Royals Mastercard is a competent rewards card that caters to the tastes of Royals fans everywhere. The card earns a reliable amount of rewards points with every purchase, including 3% back on fast food and rideshare purchases. This is ideal for those traveling to (or from) the ballpark. The card further benefits from cool perks, including the chance to redeem rewards points for stellar KC Royals fan experiences and more.