Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 15th, 2021
Kansas City Royals Mastercard®
Discounted Game Tickets + 3% Cash Back
- Regular Purchase APR 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- 3% cash back on dining, coffee shops, and ride shares
- 2% cash back on gas
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- Discounted game tickets and exclusive events
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of each transaction in U.S. dollars; 2% of each transaction made in currencies other than U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine – Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 – See Details
- Exclusive tableware and home d?cor items from porcelain – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Go on a guided truffle-hunting expedition in the Motovun Forest – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Embark on a journey through the city of the Iron Throne – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Discover Agra beyond the Taj Mahal on a virtual tour – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Play the Hidden Network of Private Courses – Offer Expires on December 31, 2022 – See Details
- Marvel at a celebrity stylist’s star-studded fashion collection – Offer Expires on June 01, 2021 – See Details
- Embark on a virtual trip to the Banaras’ ghats, Sarnath, and more – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Get a glimpse into India’s history through the Gujarati thali – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a Glance
The Kansas City Royals Mastercard is a rewards credit card that offers exclusive Royals perks and unlimited cash back earning. The card, from Midwestern-based Commerce Bank, earns 3% cash back on coffee shop, fast food, and rideshare purchases, 2% back at restaurants and gas stations, and 1% back for every other purchase made with the card. Cardholders also receive 0% introductory APR for the first 12 months, as well as exclusive Royals offers and experiences, including discounted tickets. The card has no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Want access to exclusive Royals events and experiences
- Want discounted tickets to Royals games
- Want to earn great cash back rewards for every purchase
- Live in the Kansas City area
Kansas City Royals Mastercard Review
The Kansas City Royals Mastercard from Commerce Bank offers Royals fans unique offers and exclusive experiences. Royals fans receive specially discounted tickets to games as well as access to game day experiences and exclusive KC offers and events. For 70,000 points, for example, cardholders can throw out the first pitch at a Royals game – even getting to choose their own catcher – not too shabby!
The Kansas City Royals Mastercard is more than just a baseball fanatics dream, however. The card also serves as a valuable cash back rewards card. The card earns 3% cash back on purchases made at both coffee shops and fast-food restaurants, as well as when booking rides through rideshare programs, like Lyft or Uber.
Cardholders earn 2% cash back for purchases at gas stations and all other restaurants, as well as 1% cash back on all other purchases. There are no caps to the amount of cash back a cardholder can earn.
The Royals Mastercard also benefits from a special introductory interest rate of 0% intro APR for the first 12 months on both purchases and balance transfers. Once this introductory rate ends, however, the typical APR isn’t exciting – starting at around the national average of 17%, though the precise rate will vary depending on both the Prime Rate and the creditworthiness of the applicant.
While this APR isn’t impressive, it isn’t a negative either. Fortunately, this uninspiring APR is offset by no annual fee, meaning the Kansas City Royals Mastercard is the perfect option for a baseball mad person who wants exclusive access to Royals perks and great rewards.
Should You Apply for the Kansas City Royals Mastercard?
Overall, the Kansas City Royals Mastercard is a competent cash back card that caters to the tastes of Royals fans everywhere. The card earns a reliable amount of cash back with every purchase, including 3% back on fast food and rideshare purchases – ideal for those traveling to (or from) the ballpark. The card further benefits from some pretty cool perks, including the chance to redeem cash back rewards for a chance to throw at the first pitch at a Royals game! Pretty cool!