Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on May 19th, 2021
Special Connections® Visa Signature®
Unlimited 1.5% Cash Back on All Purchases
- Regular Purchase APR 12.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 12.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months of account opening
- Processing Network Visa
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months from account opening
- Premium travel offers and discounts
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months of account opening
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months of account opening
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of each transaction in U.S. dollars; 2% of each transaction made in currencies other than U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Special Connections® Visa Signature® from Commerce Bank is a decent cash back rewards and travel rewards credit card for everyday use. The card earns a flat-rate 1.5% cash back on all purchases, with other options for rewards redemption that include gift cards, travel, merchandise, or statement credits. The card also boasts 0% introductory APR for the first 12 months, no pre-set spending limits, and no annual fee. Cardholders can also take advantage of a treasure trove of exclusive perks and protections through Visa’s Signature Collection.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Want to earn a flat-rate 1.5% cash back on all purchases
- Want access to a wide array of Visa perks
Special Connections® Visa Signature®
The Special Connections® Visa Signature® from Commerce Bank is a cash back rewards credit card that comes with an impressive suite of travel services. The card earns a flat rate of 1.5% cash back on every purchase, with no caps on the total amount of eligible rewards. Earned cash back is rewarded in the form of points, and cardholders also have the option of receiving their rewards in the form of gift cards, travel, merchandise, or even as a statement credit.
As the Special Connections® Visa Signature® is a Visa Signature card, members can expect a variety of impressive services, protections, and benefits. Visa offers Signature cardholders access to their Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection, comprising over 900 luxurious properties across the world, as well as exclusive experiences and perks at Hudson Yards in New York City, golf experiences with Troon Rewards, Sonoma County wine experiences, and more. Cardholders also receive access to Visa’s 24/7 Concierge services, aiding with travel planning and entertainment tickets, as well as savings on luxury car rentals through Avis and chauffeured car services with GroundLink.
Special Connections® Visa Signature® members can also count on an impressive suite of protections courtesy of Visa. These protections include extended warranty, comprehensive fraud reporting and deterrent safeguarding, and personalized support from Visa’s cardholder inquiry services.
When traveling, Special Connections® Visa Signature® cardholders also have the safety of travel and emergency assistance services, as well as Auto Rental Collision Damage Waivers when they use their card at the rentals desk and waive the additional insurance, granting access to roadside dispatch should their vehicle break down on the side of the road.
Beyond the Visa Signature benefits, the Special Connections® Visa Signature® from Commerce Bank boasts a special 0% introductory APR for the first 12 months on both balance transfers and purchases, followed by a typical APR of around 17% after that, though the exact interest rate will vary. The card also features no pre-set spending limits and no annual fees.
Should You Apply for the Special Connections® Visa Signature®?
While the Special Connections® Visa Signature® is a very good card for everyday use, it is let down by featuring a foreign transaction fee. While the fee isn’t exorbitant (it is currently 1% of the total transaction in U.S. Dollars), there are plenty of other cards that reside in the same sphere that also feature no foreign transaction fees.