Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 4th, 2021
Garfield Visa® with Rewards
Garfield Visa® with Rewards
Redeem Points for Garfield Merchandise
- Regular Purchase APR 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- 3% cash back at coffee shops, fast food, and ride shares
- 2% unlimited cash back on dining and gas
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 27.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of each transaction in U.S.dollars; 2% of each transaction made in currencies other than U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Garfield Visa® with Rewards from Commerce Bank is a rewards card that is as big on rewards as it is on personality. The card earns 3% cash back on purchases at fast food establishments, coffee shops, and with ride-sharing services like Lyft or Uber. It also earns 2% cash back at gas stations and restaurants, and 1% back for everything else. New account holders also benefit from a special 1.99% intro APR rate for the first six months – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Want to earn cool Garfield-themed rewards
- Hate Mondays
Garfield Visa with Rewards Review
The Garfield Visa® with Rewards from Commerce Bank is a cash back rewards card that works well everyday – including Mondays. The card earns an impressive 3% cash back on purchases at coffee shops, fast food joints, and with ride-sharing services. The card also earns 2% cash back at gas stations, as well as at restaurants, meaning cardholders can stuff their faces with lasagna and receive rewards for doing so! All other purchases with the card earn 1% cash back.
There are no limits to the number of rewards you can earn with the Garfield Visa with Rewards Cards’, and awards aren’t limited to just cash back. For those who prefer rewards they can touch, the card offers the option of redeeming for gift cards, merchandise, travel awards, and much more.
The Garfield Visa® with Rewards, like other credit card options from Commerce Bank, comes with an excellent introductory interest rate. New account holders receive an intro APR of 1.99% for the first 6 months on both balance transfers and purchases, followed by a competitive rate after that. For those with excellent credit, typical APRs start at around 17%, which while not exceptional, falls in line with the average interest rates of similar cards.
Should You Apply for the Garfield Visa with Rewards Card?
Overall, the Garfield Visa® with Rewards is a fun rewards card for the Garfield aficionado. The card, with unlimited points earning potential, great cash back rewards, and no annual fee, is a great choice for someone who likes their rewards but wants to express themselves at the same time.
While there might be better offerings available for cash back credit cards, there aren’t many. The Garfield Card, as with other Commerce Bank offerings, earns healthy cash back in everyday purchases. Not only that, but the card has a cool factor that isn’t found in many other cards. Sure, there are more stylish cards, such as the Discover cash back cards, but everyone loves Garfield, so this card puts a little fun back in your wallet!