| Last updated on October 18th, 2023
Kansas City Zoo Visa® with Rewards Card
Kansas City Zoo Visa® with Rewards Card
- 20.49% to 30.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 20.49% to 30.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 30.49% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 6 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
It’s not often that you find a credit card designed just for animal lovers; for Friends of the Zoo (or anyone who wants to help out the Kansas City Zoo), the Kansas City Zoo Visa with Rewards Card is the perfect way to save money, build credit, and earn cash back while helping raise money to feed animals at the zoo.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- 3% cash back at with fast food restaurants, coffee shops, and ride-sharing services
- 2% cash back on gas and restaurants
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for first six months
- Special offers from Friends of the Zoo
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 20.49% to 30.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 20.49% to 30.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 30.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 32.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of each transaction in U.S. dollars. 2% of each transaction made in currencies other than U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You don’t want to pay an annual fee
- You love animals, and/or love the Kansas City Zoo
- You want to earn great cash back rewards – up to 3% back for every purchase
- You live in the Kansas City area
Kansas City Zoo Visa® Rewards Credit Card Review
The Kansas City Zoo Visa with Rewards Card is the perfect offer for folks who love the Kansas City Zoo, or who want to help fund the rehabilitation of animals; cardholders will be amazed by the cash back rewards they can receive even as they support Friends of the Zoo and the Kansas City Zoo.
The Kansas City Zoo houses more than 1,000 animals. It offers a variety of educational programs for kids and adults to learn about conservation, raise awareness for endangered species, and more. Friends of the Zoo (FOTZ) is a volunteer Board of Directors whose purpose is to oversee the operations of the Zoo, in conjunction with Kansas City, the MO Board of Parks and Recreation Commissioners, and the Association of Zoos and Aquariums.
Help Out by Applying
For each Kansas City Zoo Visa® card that is approved and active, Commerce Bank donates $35 to FOTZ. This money is used to help increase awareness for conservation issues and help to feed the animals that call this zoo home.
Introductory APR Offer
The Kansas City Zoo Visa® with Rewards Card has no annual fee and a special 0% introductory APR for both purchases and balance transfers that lasts for the first six months your account is open. Making a large purchase and/or paying down a previous balance with this card is no problem if you plan to do so within the introductory period, after which you’ll still enjoy competitively low-interest rates.
How to Earn Rewards with the Kansas City Zoo Visa
The Kansas City Zoo Visa® with Rewards Card offers a super reward program:
|3% cash back on Streaming, Cable and Ridesharing
|When card is used for purchases in the streaming, cable or the ridesharing and taxis categories, including: Cable, Satellite & Other Pay TV/Radio;Record Shops; Digital Goods; and Amazon Services. The cable category does not include Google Fiber. Merchants self-select category, so not all merchants will earn additional bonus – notable exclusions include Amazon Streaming, Pandora and YouTube Music/TV.
|2% cash back on Gas, Restaurants, Fast Food
|When card is used for purchases in the service station or automated fuel dispensers, restaurant, fast food restaurant, and drinking places categories.
|1% cash back on All Other Purchases
|When card is used to make purchases in any other category. Merchants self-select category, so not all merchants will earn additional bonus.
As noted, cardholders earn unlimited cash back, with tiered rewards in several categories: 3% cash back on spending on streaming services, your monthly cable bill, and with rideshare apps like Uber or Lyft, 2% cash back on all other dining and gasoline, and 1% for all other purchases.
How to Redeem Rewards
Commerce Bank rewards expire three (3) years from the calendar quarter in which they were earned. So, if you earn rewards in Q1 2024, those rewards will expire at the start of 2 2027. Fortunately, you’ll have plenty of choices for redeeming your rewards:
|Redeem Commerce Bank rewards for:
Additional rewards come as special offers from Friends of the Zoo.
Other Cash Back Cards to Consider
Not sure if the Kansas City Zoo Visa is right for you? Maybe you don’t reside in the states in which Commerce Bank services? Here are a few other major cash back card offers to compare:
|BoA Unlimited Cash Rewards
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®
|Cash Magnet® Card
|Earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase
|Earn 5% on travel through Ultimate Rewards, 3% back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, and 1.5% back on all other purchases
|Earn Unlimited 1.5% cash back on your purchase
|0% Intro APR
|15 billing cycles on purchases and balance transfers
|15 months on purchases and balance transfers
|15 months on purchases
Visa Platinum Benefits
The Kansas City Zoo Rewards Visa also features Visa Platinum protections and benefits, including:
|Zero Fraud Liability
|Cardholder Inquiry Services
|Emergency Card Replacement
|Roadside Dispatch and Auto Collision Damage Waiver
|Lost/Stolen Card Reporting
|ID Navigator from Norton
Commerce Bank Ratings
What’s it like to live with Commerce Bank as a credit card issuer and bank? Here is a selection of reviews for the Midwestern bank:
Should You Apply for the Kansas City Zoo Visa Card?
The Kansas City Zoo Visa is the perfect card for anyone who loves animals and wants to give back. Simply getting the card boosts the Kansas City Zoo, while cardholders earn impressive cash back with every purchase. If you are a nature lover, this is a card that gives and receives – simultaneously! The Bilt Mastercard is another option if you live outside the Kansas City area. That card, from Wells Frago, earns 1X points on rent payments (up to 50,000 points each calendar year), 2X on travel, and 3X on dining – with no annual fee.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.