Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on July 15th, 2021
Kansas City Zoo Visa® with Rewards Card
$35 Donated to Friends of the Zoo for Every Account
- Regular Purchase APR 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- 3% cash back at with fast food restaurants, coffee shops, and ride-sharing services
- 2% cash back on gas and restaurants
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for first six months
- Special offers from Friends of the Zoo
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of each transaction in U.S. dollars. 2% of each transaction made in currencies other than U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
It’s not often that you find a credit card designed just for animal lovers; for Friends of the Zoo (or anyone who wants to help out the Kansas City Zoo), the Kansas City Zoo Visa with Rewards Card is the perfect way to save money, build credit, and earn cash back while helping raise money to feed animals at the zoo. Boasting a low introductory rate, competitive interest rates, no annual fees, and unlimited cash-back, not only will you be able to earn up to 3% in cash rewards, but Commerce Bank, the card issuer, will donate $35 to the Friends of the Zoo for each new active card account – a charitable credit card offer that is hard to beat.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Love animals, and/or love the Kansas City Zoo
- Want to earn great cash back rewards – up to 3% back for every purchase
- Live in the Kansas City area
Kansas City Zoo Visa with Rewards Card Review
The Kansas City Zoo Visa with Rewards Card is the perfect offer for folks who love the Kansas City Zoo, or who want to help fund the rehabilitation of animals; cardholders otter be amazed by the cash back rewards they can receive even as they support Friends of the Zoo and the Kansas City Zoo. The Kansas City Zoo houses more than 1,000 animals and offers a variety of educational programs for kids and adults to learn about conservation, to raise awareness for endangered species, and more. Friends of the Zoo (FOTZ) is a volunteer Board of Directors whose purpose is to oversee the operations of the Zoo, in conjunction with Kansas City, the MO Board of Parks and Recreation Commissioners, and the Association of Zoos and Aquariums; for each Kansas City Zoo Visa® card that is approved and active, Commerce Bank donates $35.00 to FOTZ. This money is used to help increase awareness for conservation issues and helps to feed the animals that call this zoo home. If ewe love animals and want to make a positive impact, this card offer from Commerce Bank will certainly catch your eye.
The Kansas City Zoo Visa® with Rewards Card offers a super reward program: earn unlimited cash back, with tiered rewards in several categories: 3% cash back on spending at fast food joints and ride-share apps like Uber or Lyft, 2% cash back on all other dining and gasoline, and 1% for all other purchases. You’ll have plenty of choices for redeeming your rewards, too – cash back can be applied to gift cards, travel, merchandise, and much more; cash back redemptions can be applied as a statement credit. Additional rewards come in the form of special offers from Friends of the Zoo.
The Kansas City Zoo Visa® with Rewards Card has no annual fee and a special 0% introductory APR for both purchases and balance transfers that lasts for the first six months your account is open. Making a large purchase and/or paying down a previous balance with this card is no problem, if you plan to do so within the introductory period, after which you’ll still enjoy competitively low interest rates.
Should You Apply for the Kansas City Zoo Visa Card?
The Kansas City Zoo Visa is the perfect card for anyone who loves animals and wants to give back. Simply getting the card provides a boost to the Kansas City Zoo, while cardholders earn impressive cash back with every purchase. If you are a nature lover, this truly is a card that gives and receives – at the same time!