| Last updated on October 17th, 2023
Drury Rewards® Visa® Card
Drury Rewards® Visa® Card
- 18.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 18.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 28.49% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 12 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Drury Rewards® Visa® Card allows you to travel farther while earning Drury Rewards points and saving beaucoup bucks thanks to a generous introductory APR for purchases and balance transfers. Cardholders can also earn a special introductory bonus of 15,000 points, which is good toward one free night stay – definitely a deal you don’t want to sleep on.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- 15,000 points after spending $500 or more within 90 days
- 5X Drury Rewards points per $1 spent at Drury Hotel properties
- 2X points per $1 spent on gas, restaurants, and utilities
- 1X point per $1 spent everywhere else Visa is accepted
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 28.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 28.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of each transaction in U.S. dollars; 2% of each transaction made in currencies other than U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- You book hotel stays with Drury often, and plan to continue to do so
- You will spend $500 or more within 90 days of opening your account
- You want a card with no annual fee
- You will take advantage of a lengthy introductory bonus APR for both purchases and balance transfers
Drury Rewards® Visa® Card Review
There are multiple ways to earn rewards points by using the Drury Rewards Visa credit card. There is no annual fee associated with this card, which will help cardholders save money as they earn rewards points to redeem for free nights in the following ways:
The Signup Bonus
New cardholders will have the opportunity to earn 15,000 Drury Rewards points – the equivalent of one free night stay – when they spend a minimum of $500 within 90 days of opening an account.
Reward Points & Redemption
This card offer has a standard rewards bonus structure, offering the highest amount of rewards points for every dollar spent directly with Drury. Cardholders can earn a total of 15x points for every dollar they spend with the Drury Rewards® Visa® Card when booking an overnight stay directly with Drury properties.
- Earn 15 Drury Rewards points for every $1 spent at Drury Hotel properties, an offer available exclusively to cardholders. This breaks down as:
- 10 points per $1 spent on eligible room rates as an existing Drury Rewards member
- An additional 5 points per $1 spent when using your Drury Rewards Visa® credit card
Additionally, cardholders earn Drury Rewards points at the following rates:
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on gas purchases, restaurants, and utilities
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent everywhere else that Visa® is accepted
Cardholders will get the best value for their money when they use this credit card to purchase a hotel stay at Drury Properties, although the ability to earn unlimited rewards for all purchases will certainly catch the eye of anyone who’s looking for a lucrative co-branded hotel credit card offer.
Comparison with Other Rewards Cards
Because the Drury Hotels credit card requires a pre-qualified mail offer to apply, you might want to consider another co-branded rewards card, or a basic cash back credit card:
Drury Rewards® Visa®
Costco Anywhere Visa®
Citi® Double Cash Card
|Mail offer required?
|Earn 5X on Drury Hotels stays, 2X on gas, dining, and utilities, and 1X on all other purchases
|Earn 4% cash back on eligible gas and EV charging purchases for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter, 3% on restaurants and eligible travel, 2% on all other Costco purchases, and 1% on every other purchase
|Earn 2% on every purchase with unlimited 1% cash back when you buy, plus an additional 1% as you pay for those purchases
|Foreign transaction fee
The Drury Rewards Visa is accompanied by an appealing introductory APR period. For both purchases and balance transfers, there is an introductory interest rate of 0% for the first twelve months of account opening. This is perfect for cardholders who plan to make a big-ticket purchase or fund an expensive vacation with their card, or who wish to pay down existing debt using their card while earning rewards points to do so.
Drury Rewards Visa® Cardholders can rest assured that their co-branded hotel rewards card comes with built-in fraud protection. Visa®’s Zero Fraud Liability has you covered – you won’t be held responsible for any fraudulent activity on your card as long as you notify its issuer, Commerce Bank, within 60 days of receiving a statement with unauthorized account activity.
Cardholders can assign cards to authorized users, who will receive a card and have purchasing privileges but will not be financially responsible for the account; financial liability for all account balances and correspondence will be the sole responsibility of the primary account holder.
Note: In order to apply for the Drury Rewards Visa®, you must be pre-approved. Often, Commerce Bank will pre-screen individuals and mail out the offer; if you receive an offer, it will only be valid for you, and you will have been selected based on information contained in a consumer report. A credit limit (ranging from $1,000 to $15,000) will be assigned to you based on your creditworthiness, employment and income, debt-to-credit ratio, and various other factors determined by the card issuer.
Commerce Bank Ratings
What’s it like to live with Commerce Bank as a credit card issuer and bank? Here is a selection of reviews for the Midwestern bank:
Should You Apply for the Drury Rewards® Visa® Card?
Any conclusion with the Drury Visa is dependant upon meeing the preselection qualifications of Commerce Bank or Drury Hotels. To have a chance to get on that list, sign up for Drury Rewards program and start earning points with the program.
Once you have a pre-sorted application, the card is a decent rewards card if you prefer the Drury brand – including PearTree Inn and Plaza Hotel. Still, that brand imprint is small compared to larger brands like Hilton, Marriott, or Radisson. This means that unless you are a die-hard Drury fan, better value is found elsewhere.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.