Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
Earn up to 4% Cash Back
- Requires a paid Costco membership
- 4% cash back on eligible gas for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter
- 3% cash back on restaurants and eligible travel purchases
- 2% cash back on all other purchases from Costco and Costco.com
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on your creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $0 with Costco Membership
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
If you’re a Costco member and want to start earning some serious cash back rewards, the bonuses available via the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi, including 4% on gas and 2% on your Costco purchases, maybe just what you’re looking for.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are a Costco member and want to earn 2% cash back on your purchases at their physical and online stores, as well as 4% cash back on gas – including gas sold at Costco
- Enjoy earning cash back on everyday purchases such as restaurants and travel
- Seek a card with numerous travel protection perks, no foreign transaction fees, and no annual fees as a Costco member
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi Review
Just as Costco is known for its incredible values, so too is the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi revered for the cashback rewards that cardholders can build up for making the purchases they likely already are. Not only will you earn 2% cash back on your Costco and Costco.com purchases and 4% cash back on eligible gas purchases worldwide (for the first $7,000 each year, then 1% thereafter), but you’ll also have the ability to earn and 3% on eligible restaurant and travel purchases and 1% on all the other eligible purchases you make everywhere else. Everything on your Costco shopping list, from car tires to croissants, can earn you cash back points when bought with this co-branded card- but be sure to maintain your Costco membership through the end of February when the cash back rewards certificates are issued.
A variety of travel perks are also offered to Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi cardmembers, including trip cancellation and interruption protection, which may reimburse you for otherwise non-refundable travel fees paid for with this card. Peace of mind also comes in the form of 24/7 emergency assistance, which can help you make arrangements in critical situations even if you don’t speak the local language. Factor in the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi’s lack of an annual fee for Costco members and non-existent foreign transaction fees, and the reasons to apply become even clearer.
Should You Apply for the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card?
Costco members who want impressive cash rewards can’t go wrong with the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi. The card earns 4% cash back on worldwide gas (including Costco gas purchases, 3% back on dining and worldwide travel, 2% back on other Costco purchases, and 1% back on everything else. No annual fee and an impressive signup bonus make this an excellent card to consider.