Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on May 10th, 2022
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $0 with Costco Membership
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent
- Processing Network Visa
- Discover one of Citi's best cash back rewards cards designed exclusively for Costco members
- 4% cash back on eligible gas for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter
- 3% cash back on restaurants and eligible travel purchases
- 2% cash back on all other purchases from Costco and Costco.com
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- No annual fee with your paid Costco membership and enjoy no foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Receive an annual credit card reward certificate, which is redeemable for cash or merchandise at U.S. Costco warehouses, including Puerto Rico
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on your creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $0 with Costco Membership
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
If you’re a Costco member and want to start earning some serious cash back rewards, the bonuses available via the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi, including 4% on gas and 2% on your Costco purchases, maybe just what you’re looking for.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are a Costco member and want to earn 2% cash back on your purchases at their physical and online stores, as well as 4% cash back on gas – including gas sold at Costco
- Enjoy earning cash back on everyday purchases such as restaurants and travel
- Seek a versatile rewards credit card with numerous travel protection perks, no foreign transaction fees, and no annual fees as a Costco member
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi Review
Just as Costco is known for its incredible values, so too is the Costco Anywhere Visa® Credit Card by Citi revered for the cashback rewards that cardholders can build up for making the purchases they likely already are.
How to Earn (and Redeem) Rewards
Not only will you earn 2% cash back on your purchases from Costco and Costco.com and 4% cash back on eligible gas station purchases worldwide (for the first $7,000 per year, then 1% thereafter), but you’ll also have the ability to earn and 3% cash back on restaurants and eligible travel purchases and 1% on all the other eligible purchases you make everywhere else.
Everything on your Costco shopping list, from car tires to croissants, can earn you cash back points when bought with this co-branded card- but be sure to maintain your paid Costco membership through the end of February when the cash back rewards certificates are issued. Award certificates are good for cash or merchandise through Costco (with cash in the form of statement credits).
A variety of travel perks are also offered to Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi cardmembers, including trip cancellation and interruption protection, which may reimburse you for otherwise non-refundable travel fees paid for with this card.
Peace of mind also comes in the form of 24/7 emergency assistance, which can help you make arrangements in critical situations even if you don’t speak the local language. Factor in the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi’s lack of an annual fee for Costco members and non-existent foreign transaction fees, and the reasons to apply become even clearer.
Combining 4% back on global gas purchases and no foreign transaction fees make the Costco Citi Visa the ideal companion for those who not only love to travel but prefer to rent a vehicle to get around at the final destination.
Should You Apply for the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card?
Costco members who want impressive cash rewards can’t go wrong with the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi. The card earns 4% cash back on worldwide gas (including Costco gas purchases, 3% back on dining and worldwide travel, 2% back on other Costco purchases, and 1% back on everything else. No annual fee and an impressive signup bonus make this an excellent card to consider.
The information related to Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi has been collected by BestCards.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.