Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on September 21st, 2022
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
- Regular Purchase APR 17.49% (Variable)
- Balance Transfer APR 17.49% (Variable)
- Cash Advance APR 27.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $0 with Costco Membership
- Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent
- Processing Network Visa
- Discover one of Citi's best cash back rewards cards designed exclusively for Costco members
- 4% cash back on eligible gas and EV charging purchases for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter
- 3% cash back on restaurants and eligible travel purchases
- 2% cash back on all other purchases from Costco and Costco.com
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- No annual fee with your paid Costco membership and enjoy no foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Receive an annual credit card reward certificate, which is redeemable for cash or merchandise at U.S. Costco warehouses, including Puerto Rico
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.49% (Variable)
- Balance Transfer APR: 17.49% (Variable)
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 27.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on your creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $0 with Costco Membership
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
If you’re a Costco member and want to start earning some serious cash back rewards, the bonuses available via the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi, including 4% on gas and EV charging and 2% on your Costco purchases, maybe just what you’re looking for.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are a Costco member and want to earn 2% cash back on your purchases at their physical and online stores, as well as 4% cash back on gas and EV charging purchases – including gas sold at Costco
- Enjoy earning cash back on everyday purchases such as restaurants and travel
- Seek a versatile rewards credit card with numerous travel protection perks, no foreign transaction fees, and no annual fees as a Costco member
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi Review
Just as Costco is known for its incredible values, so too is the Costco Anywhere Visa® Credit Card by Citi revered for the cashback rewards that cardholders can build up for making the purchases they likely already are.
How to Earn (and Redeem) Rewards
Not only will you earn 2% cash back on your purchases from Costco and Costco.com and 4% cash back on eligible gas station purchases – as well as charging for electric vehicles – worldwide (for the first $7,000 per year, then 1% thereafter), but you’ll also have the ability to earn and 3% cash back on restaurants and eligible travel purchases and 1% on all the other eligible purchases you make everywhere else.
Everything on your Costco shopping list, from car tires to croissants, can earn you cash back points when bought with this co-branded card- but be sure to maintain your paid Costco membership through the end of February when the cash back rewards certificates are issued. Award certificates are good for cash or merchandise through Costco (with cash in the form of statement credits).
A variety of travel perks are also offered to Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi cardmembers, including trip cancellation and interruption protection, which may reimburse you for otherwise non-refundable travel fees paid for with this card.
Peace of mind also comes in the form of 24/7 emergency assistance, which can help you make arrangements in critical situations even if you don’t speak the local language. Factor in the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi’s lack of an annual fee for Costco members and non-existent foreign transaction fees, and the reasons to apply become even clearer.
Combining 4% back on gas and EV charging purchases along with no foreign transaction fees makes the Costco Citi Visa the ideal companion for those who not only love to travel but prefer to rent a vehicle to get around at the final destination.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi include Visa benefits and protections. The Costco Visa enjoys Visa Platinum benefits, meaning cardmembers can expect the following:
|Zero Fraud Liability||Cardholder Inquiry Services||Emergency Card Replacement|
|Roadside Dispatch and Auto Collision Damage Waiver||Lost/Stolen Card Reporting||ID Navigator from Norton|
The Costco Rewards Visa also enjoys access to Citi-centric benefits, such as access to Citi Entertainment. Citi Entertainment® is an online portal full of entertainment possibilities. Anyone with a Citi® credit card or Citibank® Debit Card can use the portal to gain special access to entertainment. On the website, you will find thousands of event sales, including presale tickets and exclusive experiences for the year’s most anticipated concerts, sporting events, dining experiences, and more.
FAQs About the Costco Anywhere Visa®
Here are answers to some of the more commonly asked questions regarding Citibank’s Costco credit cards:
- Yes. The Costco Anywhere Visa works anywhere Visa is accepted, including at over 210 million merchants worldwide.
- Citi typically delivers new cards around 7 to 10 business days after approval
- Citi uses Experian for credit checks.
- You can reach Citi customer support via the following:
- Mailing address: BOX 9001037, Louisville KY, 40290-1037
- Phone number: 1-855-378-6467
How does the Citi Costco Visa Card stack up? Here are a selection of expert reviews for the card, as well as an overview of Citi as a bank:
Should You Apply for the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card?
Costco members who want impressive cash rewards can’t go wrong with the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi. The card earns 4% cash back on gas and EV charging (including Costco gas purchases, 3% back on dining and worldwide travel, 2% back on other Costco purchases, and 1% back on everything else. No annual fee and an impressive signup bonus make this an excellent card to consider.
The information related to Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi has been collected by BestCards.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.