| Last updated on November 9th, 2023
Save the Children Visa® Signature
Save the Children Visa® Signature
- 20.49% to 30.49 variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 20.49% to 30.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 30.49% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Save the Children Visa Signature Card is a charity credit card that also offers cash back rewards. The card, offered by Commerce Bank, donates $35 to Save the Children for each new account. Cardholders earn 3% cash back on fast food, coffee shop, and ride-share purchases; 2% back on gas and dining; and 1% back for everything else. New cardholders can also take advantage of an introductory APR of 1.99% for the first six months – all for no annual fee.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- 3% cash back on coffee, fast food, and ride-shares
- 2% cash back on gas and dining
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 20.49% to 30.49 variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 20.49% to 30.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 30.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 31.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of each transaction in U.S. dollars. 2% of each transaction made in currenciesother than U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You want to help the Save the Children Fund
- You like earning 3% cash back for coffee shop or fast food purchases
- You frequently use ride-share services like Uber or Lyft
- You do't want to pay an annual fee
Save the Children Visa Signature Review
The Save the Children Visa Signature Card from Commerce Bank is a cash back card that makes a difference. Co-branded with the charity Save the Children Fund, the card provides a $35 donation to the charity with each successful application. Save the Children, founded in 1919, has for 100 years helped improve the lives of children worldwide through education, access to better health care, and economic opportunities, as well as by providing disaster relief and emergency aid.
$35 Donations Welcome Offer
As a charity cash back credit card, the Save the Children Visa Signature comes with a welcome offer designed to do good immediately. Make your first purchase with your new Save the Children Visa Signature® credit card, and Commerce Bank will contribute $35 to Save the Children. That’s an easy bonus to achieve and can help you boost your spirits with your first purchase.
Earn Up to 3% Cash Back
Beyond helping the children, the Save the Children Visa Card also helps cardholders earn cash back with every purchase. Cardholders earn up to 3% cash back on eligible purchases with the following bonus categories:
|3% cash back on Streaming, Cable and Ridesharing
|When card is used for purchases in the streaming, cable or the ridesharing and taxis categories, including: Cable, Satellite & Other Pay TV/Radio;Record Shops; Digital Goods; and Amazon Services. The cable category does not include Google Fiber. Merchants self-select category, so not all merchants will earn additional bonus – notable exclusions include Amazon Streaming, Pandora and YouTube Music/TV.
|2% cash back on Gas, Restaurants, Fast Food
|When card is used for purchases in the service station or automated fuel dispensers, restaurant, fast food restaurant, and drinking places categories.
|1% cash back on All Other Purchases
|When card is used to make purchases in any other category. Merchants self-select category, so not all merchants will earn additional bonus.
These categories are similar to many other Commerce Bank credit cards, meaning they are designed to provide as broad rewards as possible – a great perk. Streaming services are just about everywhere nowadays, so earning 3% on that – plus cable and rideshares like Uber and Lyft, is a wonderful opportunity.
Even better is the 2% back with gas and dining. Gas rewards credit cards often narrow in their focus – offering gas savings and little else. Getting gas rewards (and dining rewards) with a no annual fee card is a great boost for everyday users.
How to Redeem Rewards
With the Save the Children Visa Card, there are no caps on the number of rewards earnable, and the options for redemption include gift cards, merchandise, travel, and more. Of course, the Save the Children Fund is a great place to spread wealth if you choose the cash-back option.
Visa Signature Benefits
Like other Visa Signature products, the Save the Children Visa offers a wealth of protection, perks, and other benefits:
|Zero Fraud Liability
|Cardholder Inquiry Services
|Emergency Card Replacement
|Luxury Hotel Collection
|Extended Warranty Coverage
|Lost/Stolen Card Reporting
|ID Navigator from Norton
|Travel & Emergency Assistance
Cardholders can expect access to Visa’s exclusive Luxury Hotel Collection, boasting over 900 properties worldwide. Additionally, they can access Visa’s 24/7 Concierge service, helping with bookings at restaurants, sporting events, concerts, and more worldwide.
Cardholders can also expect comprehensive fraud and theft protection assistance and protections from their Save the Children Visa Signature, as well as purchase protection, extended warranty protection, auto rental collision damage waivers, roadside assistance, and more.
Commerce Bank Ratings
What’s it like to live with Commerce Bank as a credit card issuer and bank? Here is a selection of reviews for the Midwestern bank:
Should You Apply for the Save the Children Visa Signature Card?
Overall, the Save the Children Visa Signature Card combines cash back and charity rewards card that really makes a difference in the world. For those who have been intrigued by Commerce Bank’s excellent co-branded cards in the past but are unsure which to choose, why not take a second and please think of the children. For those looking for more versatile rewards, plenty of excellent rewards cards are out there, including the suggested offers below.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.