Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 4th, 2021
Save the Children Visa® Signature
Save the Children Visa® Signature
- Regular Purchase APR 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- 3% cash back on coffee, fast food, and ride-shares
- 2% cash back on gas and dining
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.49% to 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 27.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of each transaction in U.S. dollars. 2% of each transaction made in currencies other than U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Save the Children Visa Signature Card is a charity credit card that also offers cash back rewards. The card, offered by Commerce Bank, donates $35 to Save the Children for each new account. Cardholders earn 3% cash back on fast food, coffee shop, and ride-share purchases; 2% back on gas and dining; and 1% back for everything else. New cardholders can also take advantage of an introductory APR of 1.99% for the first six months – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to help the Save the Children Fund
- Like earning 3% cash back for coffee shop or fast food purchases
- Frequently use ride-share services like Uber or Lyft
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Save the Children Visa Signature Review
The Save the Children Visa Signature Card from Commerce Bank is a cash back card that makes a difference. The card, co-branded with charity, Save the Children Fund, provides a $35 donation to the charity with each successful application. Save the Children, founded in 1919, has for 100 years helped improve the lives of children around the world through education, access to better health care, and economic opportunities, as well as by providing disaster relief and emergency aid.
Earn Up to 3% Cash Back
Beyond helping the children, the Save the Children Visa Card also helps cardholders themselves, as it earns cash back with every purchase. Purchases at coffee shops, fast food establishments, or ride-share apps earns 3% back, for example, while purchases at gas stations or restaurants get 2% back. All other purchases earn 1% back.
How to Redeem Rewards
With the Save the Children Visa Card, there are no caps to the number of rewards earnable, and the options for redemption include gift cards, merchandise, travel, and more. Of course, if you do choose the cash back option, the Save the Children Fund is a great place to spread the wealth.
Visa Signature Benefits
The Save the Children Visa, like other Visa Signature products, offers a wealth of protection, perks, and other benefits. Cardholders can expect access to Visa’s exclusive Luxury Hotel Collection, boasting over 900 properties worldwide, for example. Additionally, they have access to Visa’s 24/7 Concierge service, helping with bookings at restaurants, sporting events, concerts, and more worldwide.
Cardholders can also expect comprehensive fraud and theft protection assistance and protections from their Save the Children Visa Signature, as well as purchase protection, extended warranty protection, auto rental collision damage waivers, roadside assistance, and more.
Should You Apply for the Save the Children Visa Signature Card?
Overall, the Save the Children Visa Signature Card is a combination of cash back and charity rewards card that really makes a difference in the world. For those who have been intrigued by Commerce Bank’s excellent co-branded cards in the past, but are unsure which to choose, why not take a second, and please think of the children.