Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
FLW Visa® Rewards Card
Earn Up to 3% Cash Back and a Free FLW Membership
- Regular Purchase APR 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- Earn 3% cash back on fast food, coffee shop, and ridesharing purchases
- Earn 2% cash back on dining and gas, and 1% cash back on everything else
- Receive a free FLW membership and all sorts of FLW perks
- Intro Purchase APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars; 2% of the transaction amount in other currencies
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase at Harry & David - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Troon® Golf for Visa Infinite - Offer Expires on January 26, 2022 - See Details
- Sonoma Wine Tastings 2:1 Offer with a Visa Signature or Visa Infinite Card - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The FLW Visa® Rewards Card is co-branded with Fishing League Worldwide. It offers new cardholders free FLW membership for a year once they make their first purchase. New cardholders also receive a $50 FLW Gear Card when they spend $500 within the first 90 days of opening an account.
As well, this card earns cardholders 3% cash back on fast food, coffee shop, and rideshare purchases. Additionally, cardholders earn 2% cash back on dining and gas, as well as 1% on everything else. This card offers new cardholders a reduced APR for 6 months on purchases and balance transfers. Finally, this card features no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Love to fish and want to be FLW members
- Spend a lot of money on fast food, coffee, and ridesharing and want to earn 3% cash back on those purchase
- Want to earn 2% cash back on restaurant and gas station purchases and 1% on everything else
- Would like to take advantage of a lower APR for 6 months on purchases and balance transfers
The FLW Visa® Rewards Card Review
The FLW Visa® Rewards Credit Card is a card from Commerce Bank that features the FLW logo. FLW is the acronym for Fishing League Worldwide, which is the world’s largest tournament fishing organization. New cardholders get a free one-year membership to this organization when they sign up for this card. And membership includes a laundry list of perks.
What’s more, new cardholders will earn a $50 FLW Gear Card when they spend $500 within the first 90 days of signing up with this card. This credit card also includes some perks from Commerce Bank.
As a rewards card, this credit card earns you 3% cash back on purchases at fast food restaurants and coffee shops, as well as purchases through ridesharing services. As well, you earn 2% cash back on dining and gas in addition to 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Moreover, new cardholders can take advantage of a lower APR for 6 months from the date of opening an account. This promotional APR applies to balance transfers and purchases. Finally, this card features no annual fee, which saves you money. Learn more about this credit card in the sections below.
The FLW Visa® Rewards Card provides a lot of specific benefits for sports fishermen. For instance, new cardholders receive a $50 FLW Gear Card when they spend $500 within 90 days of signing up. Additionally, you get one free year of FLW membership when you make your first purchase.
Membership includes a long list of benefits that fishermen will love. Once your first purchase goes through and you receive your membership card, you’ll also receive an FLW logo cap and vehicle decal.
As well, you’ll receive one free lure or a package of soft plastics. What’s more, you’ll also receive eight hard copy issues of FLW Bass Fishing magazine. This is in addition to getting access to eight digital issues of this magazine, which can include digital archives.
The digital content doesn’t end there, though. You’ll also get access to members-only online content. As well, you’ll get a monthly email newsletter. Members also get exclusive access to giveaways throughout the year.
Furthermore, members get VIP access at the Forrest Wood Cup. To round things out, you’ll also have access to 10% discount on insurance policies through Liberty Mutual.
The FLW Visa® Rewards Card does have some benefits from Commerce Bank on top of FLW perks. Contrary to what this card advertises, you actually earn points with this card rather than directly earning cash back.
As such, you earn three points for every dollar you spend on fast food, coffeeshop, and ridesharing purchases. Likewise, you earn two points for every dollar you spend at restaurants and coffee shops, as well as one point for every dollar spent on everything else.
One thing to keep in mind is that you earn these different point amounts based on where you made a purchase and not what you purchased. This means that in order to earn 3X points, you need to make your purchase at a fast food restaurant, coffeeshop, or through a ridesharing app like Uber or Lyft.
Businesses self-identify the category of business they are, which can be a plus. You don’t have to worry about Commerce Bank arbitrarily determining the nature of a business.
However, you can run into some roadblocks to earning the most amount of points. For instance, buying a burger and fries at a gas station may not qualify you for 3X points. Getting a cup of coffee at a bakery, may not even qualify you for 2X points on your purchase. This is because that bakery may not be categorized as either a coffee shop or restaurant.
Redeeming Your Points
The FLW Visa® Rewards Card gives you a lot of options when it comes time to redeem your points. You can redeem your points for cash back. However, keep in mind that you can only receive your cash back as a statement credit and not a cash deposit.
Additionally, you can redeem your points for travel, fuel discounts, gift cards, and merchandise. What’s great about Commerce Bank is that it actually publishes its rewards catalog for the public to view. This is in contrast to a growing number of financial institutions that don’t let you see what rewards you can get.
You can visit the Commerce Bank rewards site here. However, a drawback to this rewards catalog is that there are no prices for the items. You can’t view how many points you need to obtain any item until you actually create an account.
Commerce Bank does, however, throw out some crumbs of information. For instance, cash back redemptions start at 2,500 points. Many rewards programs that offer cash back start their cash back amounts at $25. If this is the case with Commerce bank, then each point has a value of $0.01 (one cent). That’s about the industry standard value for rewards points.
Reduced Introductory APR
Finally, the FLW Visa® Rewards Card offers new cardholders a reduced introductory APR on both purchases and balance transfers. This promotion is valid for six months from the date that you sign up for this credit card.
While it’s not 0% APR, the introductory APR on this card is a small percentage of the regular interest rate. As such, it can save you a lot of money if you are planning on making a large purchase. However, the six-month period in which you can enjoy the reduced interest rate may not be enough time. Consider what your monthly payments will be before you go on a shopping spree.
Nevertheless, it may help you finance a vacation, for instance. Now, the introductory APR offer is a lot less appealing when it comes to balance transfers.
The six-month promotional period is very short and may not allow you to fully pay off a credit card debt. Additionally, there are many other balance transfer credit cards that offer 0% interest rate for twice as long, at least.
Should You Apply for the FLW Visa® Rewards Card?
The FLW Visa® Rewards Card is a great card to have if you are an avid sports angler and want to show your support for the FLW. However, the majority of the attractive perks of this card have to do with FLW membership.
You should compare the FLW benefits that this card offer versus those you can get just from joining the organization. Besides the FLW perks, this card is almost identical to many other Commerce Bank credit cards.
The rewards earning categories don’t really seem to make sense for people who would be drawn to FLW. Additionally, the introductory APR offers are paltry compared to what many competitors offer.