| Last updated on September 19th, 2023
Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card
Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card
- 18.49% to 28.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 18.49% to 28.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.49% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 9 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard® is a great starter card for business owners who want customizable 3% cash back categories and a card without an annual fee. Ideal for small businesses or startups with modest expenditures.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- $300 statement credit bonus after spending $3,000 with 90 days
- 3% cash back on the category of your choice
- 2% back at restaurants
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- Cash earnings never expire
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 9 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.49% to 28.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.49% to 28.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: $10 or 4% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: $10 or 4% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the U.S. dollar amount of each transactio
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $49
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
- You have business expenses that are less than $50,000 per year
- You will take advantage of the introductory bonus by spending $3,000 in the first 90 days
- You want a versatile card that can also give you points for everyday (non-business) dining expenses
- You don’t want to pay an annual fee
Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard® Credit Card Review
The Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard® is a versatile business card whose 6 reward categories make it easy for business owners of various industries to utilize. Boasting 3% cash back on purchases in the category of your choice, 2% on dining, and 1% on everything else, this card makes it simple to maximize everyday business expenditures.
New cardholders can earn an intro bonus of a $300 statement credit after making $3,000 worth of purchases within the first 90 days. When paired with the 0% introductory APR for the first 9 billing cycles makes this card well suited for businesses that anticipate making large purchases in the near future.
Earn 3% Back on Categories fo Your Choosing
The most notable feature of this card is the flexibility to earn 3% cash back from the category of the cardholder’s choosing: gas stations, office supply stores, travel, TV/telecom & wireless services, computer services, or business consulting services. These categories can be changed each month – ensuring that this card is always aligned with the business’ needs. Paired with the 2% back on all dining purchases, which would allow business owners to capitalize on power lunches and client meetings, the Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard® is a surprisingly well-rounded and beginner-friendly business credit card.
It’s important to note that the 2% and 3% cash back rewards are capped at $50,000 per calendar year in combined category spending (after which purchases in those categories will only provide a return of 1%). If you expect the spending of your selected business category to exceed $50K, you may find a better value in another business credit card. If you’re already an established small business owner, this card could still make for a very strong addition to your wallet. If you know you’re unlikely to surpass $50,000 in any of those six spending categories and don’t already have a dining rewards credit card, you can still consider this card a viable option.
With the Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard®, cash rewards never expire. The redemption process is very straightforward: you can redeem your earnings by having them deposited directly into your checking or savings account, mailed via check, or posted as a card statement credit. If you’re a Preferred Rewards for Business client, you could find your cash back bonuses boosted to earn as much as 5.25% on your selected categories, 3.5% on dining, and 1.75% on all other purchases.
Should You Apply for the Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard® Credit Card?
The Business Advantage Cash Rewards Card is an excellent option for companies that want valuable cash back on every purchase. The lack of an annual fee, plus the generous cash abck rewards, make this a no-brainer.
Browse Other Bank of America Credit Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.