Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 13th, 2021
Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard®
30,000 Bonus Points ($300 Value)
- Regular Purchase APR 12.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 12.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 9 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Online exclusive: Earn 30,000 bonus points after making at least $3,000 in net purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening
- 3X points for ever $1 spent on travel booked through the Bank of America Travel Center
- 1.5X points for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- 0% on purchases for 9 months
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 9 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $49
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
At a Glance
The sign-up bonus of 30,000 bonus points offered by the Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card after making at least $3,000 in net purchases in the first 90 days is practically a given for the business travelers that this card caters to. Those points can be redeemed for a $300 statement credit towards travel purchases, which could cover a flight to a can’t-miss industry convention.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel frequently for work purposes
- Can earn lots of bonus points for regular business expenses
- Do not want to pay an annual fee or foreign transaction fees
Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® Review
The Bank of America Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® from Bank of America is a decent business credit card for companies that prefer flat-rate rewards on travel expenses over confusing categories. Factor in that the card has no annual fee, no international transaction fees, and a 0% introductory APR on purchases for nine billing cycles from account opening, and you’re in business with the Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard®.
How to Earn Rewards
The card earns 1.5X points for every dollar spent on purchases, equivalent to 1,5% cash back. This earning rate is a common feature with many quality business credit cards, including the Discover It Business Card and the Chase Ink Business Unlimited Card.
When we say the Business Advantage Travel Rewards earns a flat rate of rewards with every purchase, that is something of a misnomer. Cardholders also earn 3X points per dollar spent when they book travel (car, hotel, airline) through the Bank of America® Travel Center.
Through Bank of America’s Business Advantage Relationship Rewards program, Business Advantage Travel Rewards cardholders can earn an additional 25% to 75% rewards bonus for every purchase made. That equates to an unlimited 2.62 points that can be earned on all purchases everywhere at every time.
These points don’t expire, but savvy professionals will be cashing them in soon enough to ensure they build that trust and relationship with their clients as quickly as possible.
How to Redeem Rewards
Redeeming rewards also takes place in the Bank of America® Travel Center. Rewards options include business or personal flight tickets, hotel bookings, and rental cars. Other options include statement credits, charitable donations, and gift cards.
In terms of online services, the Business Advantage Travel Rewards Card simplifies money management with automatic electronic bill payments and the ability to download transactions into QuickBooks and 24/7 online and mobile banking. That flexibility is essential for cardholders when keeping track of an employee’s account activity after giving them a card at no additional cost.
Should You Apply for the Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard®?
Overall, the Business Advantage Travel Rewards Card is an excellent travel card for companies that plan to really make use of it. And that shouldn’t be an issue given the unlimited 1.5X points on offer with every purchase. The introductory bonus of 30,000 points is another great perk – and one that is easily attainable. Bank of America Rewards is an excellent loyalty program, so companies will find impressive value for those big point tallies they amass.