While the Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer isn’t the flashiest cash back card on the market, its earning potential makes it a favorite with consumers. Citi is now adding a little more flash to the card by upgrading it to a World Elite Mastercard. Here’s what you need to know about the Citi Double Cash World Elite Mastercard upgrade – and how to get your new card.
Citi Double Cash Card
The Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer is one of the top cash back credit cards of 2020. The card offers a no-nonsense 2% cash back on all purchases. The cash back with the Double Cash comes in two parts: 1% back when users make a purchase with the card and 1% back when they pay off that purchase on their statement.
This 2% cash back is more than other flat-rate cards on the market provide, such as the Chase Freedom Unlimited, Wells Fargo Cash Wise, or Amex Cash Magnet. Beyond the cash back potential, the Double Cash also offers a lengthy introductory balance transfer APR – 18 months of 0% interest rate, to be precise.
Previously, the Citi Double Cash was a basic Mastercard. As such, it offers essential Mastercard perks, such as ID Theft Protection, Mastercard Global Inquiry Services, and Zero Fraud Liability. Now, however, the card is getting an upgrade to World Elite Mastercard status.
World Elite Mastercard Perks
The upgrade to World Elite Mastercard means Double Cash cardholders will enjoy the pinnacle of Mastercard protections and benefits. Just some of those perks that come with a World Elite card include:
- ShopRunner: Free membership providing 2-day shipping with over 120 leading online retailers.
- Onefinestay: Enjoy 10% savings on over 1,000 rental properties worldwide.
- World VIP Concierge: 24/7 concierge service for airports, travel, and any other concerns.
- Mastercard Luxury Hotel Collection: Complimentary upgrades, late checkout, and more at over 2,000 properties worldwide.
- Cell Phone Protection: $1,000 in coverage per year ($600 per claim) if your phone is lost, stolen, or damaged. Cardholders must pay their phone bill with an eligible card. Terms and conditions apply.
- Lyft: Take five rides in a month and get a $10 Lyft credit. This is a recurring benefit and can be earned multiple times.
- Boxed: Earn a 5% cash back reward on all Boxed orders. Boxed offers to ship for bulk orders worldwide.
- Fandango: $5 off future movie tickets or at-home purchases for every two movie tickets purchased.
Chase recently upgraded their cash back credit cards to World Elite Mastercard status. The Chase Freedom Flex, the issuer’s latest cash back offering, sets a new bar for what a cash rewards credit card can offer – something Citi is eager to match.
What Do Double Cash Cardholders Need to Do?
Current Double cash Cardholders have nothing to worry about. They will receive email verification from Citi that their card is automatically updating to the new Citi Double Cash World Elite Mastercard.
Current cardholders can anticipate a new credit card in the mail soon, which they can activate when it arrives. Cardholders can activate their new Citi credit card by calling the number on the back of their card, or by visiting the Citibank online activation link.
Related Article: New Lyft Statement Credit Offer for Mastercard Holders
Featured photo by limicro/ Pixabay
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.