Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 25th, 2022
PayPal Cashback Mastercard
PayPal Cashback Mastercard
- Regular Purchase APR 17.24%, 26.24% or 29.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 29.24%
- Annual Fee None
- Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 3% back on PayPal purchases
- Earn unlimited 2% back on all purchases
- No annual fee
- ID Theft Protection
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.24%, 26.24% or 29.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 29.24%
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $29
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The PayPal Cashback Mastercard® is an excellent option for everyone who wants a no-hassle rewards credit card in their wallet. Accepted everywhere Mastercard is accepted, this card boasts and impressive 3% cash back on PayPal purchases and 2% cash back on all other purchases with no redemption threshold or complicated categories to worry about.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are eager to earn 3% cash back on PayPal purchases without rotating categories
- Do not want limits on when or how much of your cash back earned can be applied towards your PayPal balance
- Seek a credit card offering identity theft support without an annual fee
PayPal Cashback Mastercard® Review
The PayPal Cashback Mastercard® is an enticing cash back Mastercard that offers exceptional value for no annual fee.
How to Earn Rewards
The card is similar to the Double Cash Card from Citi in that it earns 2% cash back on all eligible purchases. Unlike the Double Cash, however, the PayPal Card the 2% is joined by 3% back on PayPal purchases.
Cardholders earn their 3% back when using their card anywhere in the world where either PayPal is accepted.
PayPal is accepted in over 200 countries and 25 different currencies. This means that with the PayPal Cashback Mastercard, you can expect your card to be accepted no matter where you shop.
Cash back rewards with the card apply towards statement credits to an existing PayPal account or transfer to another linked bank account. Keep in mind that redeeming rewards to a PayPal account (the default option) requires a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account. Without this, the only redemption option is for transferring funds to an external account.
Other Card Features
The PayPal Cashback Mastercard also features other perks, such as EMV chip technology and contactless payments. With Tap & Go® payments, cardholders can pay quickly and safely anywhere contactless payments are accepted.
The card also features the basic Mastercard protections, including:
- Zero Fraud Liability:Cardholders pay nothing if their card is subject to unauthorized use or theft.
- Mastercard Global Service:Emergency assistance nearly anywhere in the world, 24/7. Services include lost card reporting and replacement, emergency cash disbursement, and more.
- ID Theft Protection: Complimentary credit report monitoring that alerts cardholders to any changes or fraud concerns.
Should You Apply for the PayPal Cashback Mastercard®?
The PayPal Cashback Mastercard® offers everyday value for no annual fee. While the card has no signup bonuses or intro APR offers to speak of, the unlimited 3% back with PayPal is an excellent benefit.
However, the exceptional value of the PayPal card lies in the ability to pay practically anywhere in the world and still earn at least 2% back. Does the vendor accept Mastercard? You’re all set. Maybe they only take mobile payments via PayPal – no worries! Given the near-global reach of both PayPal and Mastercard, there really isn’t a place where the card won’t be accepted.