- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels
- Receive a $200 airline fee credit each calendar year
- 1 year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork
- Receive 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after spending $10,000 within 3 months
- Earn an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 on all purchases within 3 months
- Get 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more
- Receive 35% points back when they’re used for flights
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Penalty APR: 29.24% variable, based on the Prime Rate, for Pay Over Time
- Annual Fee: $595
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $39 or 2.99% of any past due Pay in Full amount, whichever is greater
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
At a Glance
Companies can expect the pinnacle of luxury when they use their Business Platinum Card® from American Express. This exclusive metal rewards card provides premium travel rewards, a huge signup bonus, and a variety of other perks for the savvy business traveler.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel often for work and can take advantage of a myriad of benefits including access to airport lounges
- Will make use of statement credits for Global Entry or TSA Precheck
- Prefer airline flexibility when redeeming their points for travel
Business Platinum Card® Review
Superior features, earning potential, and cardholder perks elevate the American Express Business Platinum Card® to a distinctly different level than business cards.
Earning Points with the American Express Business Platinum Card®
The Business Platinum Card® provides the 5X points on flights and prepaid hotels booked directly through American Express Travel. Bookings can be made over the phone or online with American Express Travel. All other purchases earn 1X points per dollar.
The Business Platinum Card also enjoys an additional 50% on points when meeting spending requirements. Spending Purchases of $5,000 or more earn 1.5X points – up to a whopping one million points per year!
This 50% more rewards on everyday purchases makes the card an intriguing option for companies that spend heavily, issue multiple employee cards, and prioritize getting the most out of their rewards credit card.
New accounts earn a signup bonus of 50,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $10,000 within the first three months of opening the account. They’ll also earn another 35,000 points after spending an additional $10,000 in the calendar year.
These 85,000 bonuses are equal to approximately $1,700 in value. Even more impressive is that suing Membership rewards points for award flights earns 35% back. What’s that mean? Book with points, and you’ll reclaim 35% of those points!
How to Redeem Rewards
The Business Platinum Card offers flexibility in redemptions, making it ideal for companies that aren’t loyal to an airline or want more than just travel perks. As such, point earnings can be redeemed for:
- Travel, including flights, cruises, and hotels
- Merchandise through select stores
- Gift cards from select companies
- Statement credits
American Express 1:1 Points Transfer Partners
American Express Membership Rewards are an exceptional value because they transfer to a massive number of other airlines and hotels. These include:
- Air Canada
- Air France
- Aer Lingus
- All Nippon Airways
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Delta Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- Choice Hotels
Business Platinum Card Travel Perks
Like the Platinum Card, the Business version comes with a vast array of travel-centric perks. These include a $200 statement credit towards airline fees. Each year cardholders select an eligible carrier and put this credit toward baggage fees and other incidentals. Holders must use the card to make the purchases, however.
Other travel perks include a statement credit for TSA Precheck and Global Entry. These perks allow travelers to enjoy fast-pass access to TSA security and U.S. Customs.
Once you’re through security, business travelers can enjoy the American Express Global Lounge Collection. Lounge access is one of the standout features of The Business Platinum Card, thanks to no spending requirements to access this perk. The Global Lounge Collection includes over 1,200 airport lounges in 130 countries, including:
- The Centurion® Lounge
- International American Express
- Delta Sky Club
- Priority Pass Select
Other American Express Business Platinum Card ® Benefits
The Business Platinum Card boasts many other benefits on top of those available for travel and hotel stays. Some of the most notable perks include:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Platinum Card Concierge to help you organize your reservations or tickets to an event
- Year-End Summaries, which can make it easy to prepare for tax season
Companies can also take advantage of business-specific perks, including:
- American Express Business App: Easily add receipt images, categorize transactions, and add relevant notes.
- Online statements
- Access to an American Express account manager
Should You Apply for The Business Platinum Card?
Wondering if, the American Express Business Platinum Card is worth it? If your company frequently travels, issues additional employee cards, and takes great care to ensure your workforce is comfortable while on the move, the answer is likely “yes.”
The points with the Platinum Card are exceptional for the frequent traveler. Plus, for companies that use their card to make a larger purchase, the chances of substantial point hauls are even more impressive. This is especially true given the sizeable signup bonus.
The addition of travel perks, like lounge access, fast-pass security and customs statement credits, and more provide employees with the ultimate luxury when on the move.