- Pick 2 categories for the 4X bonus
- 4X points made directly from select technology providers of computer hardware, software, and cloud solutions
- 4X points at gas stations
- 4X points at restaurants
- 4X points for shipping
- 4X points on advertising (online, TV, radio)
- Earn 1X points on all other purchases
- Pay Over Time Option: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Penalty APR: 29.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $295
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $39 or 2.99% of any past due Pay in Full amount, whichever is greater
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
- Spend $1,000 or more, get $200 back - Offer Expires on November 30, 2020 - See Details
- Spend $50 or more, get $10 back - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Spend $35 +, get $7 back. Up to 2 times (total of $14). - Offer Expires on November 15, 2020 - See Details
- Spend $9.99 or more, get $9.99 back - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
Business owners with a clear understanding of their company’s needs will enjoy the customizable rewards available to them through the American Express® Business Gold Card. The card gives you the ability to choose 2 categories to receive 4X the points from, then 1 point per dollar spent on all other eligible purchases plus a generous signup bonus where companies earn 35,000 Membership Rewards points.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Own a business and want to earn points for everyday expenses on select bonus categories where your business spends the most, such as airfare, advertising, gas, shipping, and computers
- Plan to make frequent purchases, particularly within the first few months of becoming a cardholder, in order to qualify for lucrative introductory offers
- Can benefit from insightful software tools to both help manage your business and recruit promising talent
American Express® Business Gold Card Review
The Business Gold Card from American Express grants flexibility when it comes to selecting its most beneficial rewards category, while still offering elevated bonus points earning potential for the resulting secondary categories.
Cardholders can choose to receive 4X Membership Rewards points from two of the following categories: airfare purchased directly from airlines, U.S. purchases for advertising in select media, U.S. purchases at gas stations, U.S. purchases for shipping, or U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers. They’ll then receive 1 point per dollar spent on other eligible purchases.
In addition to the $500 cash back offer, the card entices with a signup bonus of 35,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months of card membership. Whether it’s putting most company overhead on the Business Gold Card or a singular big-ticket acquisition, small and medium-sized businesses shouldn’t have too much difficulty meeting the threshold required to receive Amex’s points boon.
Membership Rewards® points earned with the Amex Business Gold Card can be redeemed for rewards from hundreds of different travel, retail, and entertainment brands. To help expedite the accumulation of points, cardholders can add Employee Cards to their account, which can be tracked using the Spend Manager feature, account alerts, and detailed online statements for added peace of mind.
Should You Apply for the Business Gold Card?
The Gold Business Card may seem pricey given it’s $295 annual fee, but for the right companies, it’s a very fair price. Earning 4X points in the two categories they spend the most is always a welcome perk, but when those categories include advertising, shipping, technology, and dining, it’s a guaranteed recipe for savings. This is especially true when additional employee cards are issued, as the value soars even further.