Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 5th, 2021
- 2X points for every dollar spent on eligible purchases at amextravel.com
- 1X points on all other purchases
- Unlimited earnings
- Employee cards for no additional fees
- No annual fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and he Prime Rate
- Penalty APR: 29.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first year, then $95
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $39 or 2.99% of any past due Pay in Full amount, whichever is greater
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
- 33% off a monthly subscription - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- 50% off for up to 12 months - Offer Expires on January 03, 2022 - See Details
- Spend $125 or more, get $25 back. Up to 2 times (total of $50). - Offer Expires on May 07, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $25 or more, get $5 back - Offer Expires on May 07, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $100 or more, get $30 back - Offer Expires on June 20, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $150 or more, get $30 back - Offer Expires on April 29, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $50 or more, get $10 back - Offer Expires on May 01, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $250 or more, get $50 back - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $75 or more, get $15 back - Offer Expires on May 09, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $100 or more, get $25 back - Offer Expires on May 01, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The American Express Business Green Rewards Card grants users the ability to earn 1 Membership Rewards® point for each dollar spent on eligible purchases and 2 Membership Rewards® points for eligible travel purchases made at AmexTravel.com. You can also earn 2X Membership Rewards® points for every dollar you spend on eligible purchases with your card, up to a max of $50,000, during your first three months as a cardholder.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to earn 2 Membership Rewards® points for eligible travel purchases made at AmexTravel.com and 1 Membership Rewards® point for each eligible dollar spent elsewhere
- Do not want a pre-set spending limit, a limit on the points you can earn, or points that expire
Business Green Rewards Card Review
Anyone looking for a credit card with a straightforward rewards structure should consider the Amex Green Business Rewards Card. Featuring the ability to earn 2 Membership Rewards® points for eligible travel purchases made at AmexTravel.com and 1 Membership Rewards® point for each dollar spent on other eligible purchases, said points are redeemable for gift cards, used when shopping for top-tier electronics at select retailers, or even applied towards all or part of your travel bookings via AmexTravel.com.
The card – a charge card – comes with no annual fee for the first year then $95 every year thereafter. Points apply towards the Membership Rewards program, which is ideal for any small business spending heftily on travel.
As a welcome offer, the Business Green card earns 3X Membership Rewards® points on combined eligible purchases on the card, up to the first $50,000, within the first three months of card ownership. Eligible purchases include those made at U.S. restaurants as well as direct bookings with hotels and airlines. Customers who frequently travel for work or schedule lunch meetings with clients will particularly benefit from this perk.
When business travel takes you or your employees more than 100 miles from home, American Express Global Assist provides 24/7 access to emergency coordination and assistance for anything from legal, medical, financial, or any other situation that may arise.
Speaking of travel benefits, the Business Green Rewards Card offers users Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance, a Baggage Insurance Plan, and Travel Accident Insurance should the worst happen. This added peace of mind is a boon for both employers and their employees, who can receive an Employee Card for free.
These security features are perfect for helping you, and your team, worry less about the unthinkable – and more about business. And, just in case, these Employee Cards can also be tracked and managed, ensuring those issued a card don’t take too many liberties.
Companies that use the Business Green Rewards Card from American Express can expect a $95 annual fee. Business Green Rewards card members also have the unique option of being able to pay certain purchases over time with interest through the Pay Over Time feature, giving them the flexibility to carry a balance more cost-effectively.
Should You Apply for the Business Green Rewards Card?
There are many great business rewards credit cards available, but it is tough to match the level of customer service, which American Express has become synonymous with over the years. This exceptional customer service, however, must be tempered with the understanding that the Business Green Rewards card may not be ideal for each business.
While American Express is accepted at over 1.6 million locations across the U.S., if, for instance, work takes you abroad, the acceptance of American Express depends mostly on the country you visit.