Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on September 6th, 2022
Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
- Regular Purchase APR 18.74% to 27.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $125
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network American Express
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 100,000 Bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points after spending $4,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 11/2/22
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy® program
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy® points) at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®. Certain hotels have resort fees
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card
- Terms apply
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.74% to 27.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $125
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
At a Glance
A business and hotel credit card that leans heavily on earning points, the Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card takes care of your company costs while rewarding you at the same time.
The card earns 6X points for every dollar spent with Marriott brands, 4X points on gas and restaurant purchases worldwide, as well as U.S.-based wireless service providers, when paying for shipping on U.S. purchases, or when booking flights directly with airlines, and 2X points for every other dollar spent.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Own a small or mid-size business
- Want one of the more versatile business hotel credit card offers
- Frequently book stays at Marriott hotels worldwide
- Are looking for a hotel credit card and a business credit card that brings the best of both worlds together
- Make frequent business expenses with a credit card or use one for travel costs
Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card Review
The Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card kicks off your cardmember account with a monster welcome bonus after spending a few thousand dollars within the first three months. That’s enough to redeem for at least a couple of award night stays at participating Marriott hotels. And while the required spending amount is not exactly pocket change, it can bet met easily if you use your card for everyday business expenses, big and small.
How to Earn Rewards
Aside from the signup offer, the Bonvoy Business card earns you Bonvoy points in a hurry practically anywhere you shop. Direct Marriott Bonvoy purchases on your card earn points at participating hotels earn 6X points per $1, so booking stays frequently – bet it for domestic or international business purposes – will maximize your gains. If you’re meeting a client for lunch or drive a company car, you’ll earn 4X points per dollar at restaurants worldwide and U.S. gas stations.
Wireless phone provider services and shipping expenses are also tiered at the 4X points per $1 rate. The card also earns 2X points on all other eligible purchases, which already puts this card ahead of other competitors, which normally earn 1X points or miles per $1 on most other purchases.
Introductory Points Welcome Offer
The card also comes with the potential of a special bonus Marriott Bonvoy points haul after meeting minimum spending requirements. New accounts can earn 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after using the card to make $3,000 of eligible purchases in the first three months of card membership.
Other incentives included with the Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card range from 1 Free Night Award every year you reach your cardmember anniversary to complimentary Silver Elite status in the Bonvoy rewards program, which allows you to earn points in addition to those that come in as a result of your card’s transactions. You can also enjoy free Internet access at participating Marriott hotels and access.
How to Redeem
If you prefer not to redeem your points towards Marriott hotel stays, the Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card gives you the option to use them towards flights or car rentals via the Air+Car program. Your Bonvoy points can also be transferred to any of over three dozen partner frequent flyer programs, so if you have points accrued through a particular partner airline that you’re devoted to, it may be worthwhile to migrate your Bonvoy points to its loyalty program.
In regards to fees, the card predictably charges none for shopping outside the United States. For a hotel card with thousands of properties around the world, this waiver is expected. It does, however, charge an annual fee of $125. It may not be welcome, but it is a modest charge that can easily be offset by taking advantage of all the perks the Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card offers.
Just using your anniversary Free Night Award can compensate for the annual fee if you stay at a hotel whose nightly rate is over $125. This more than makes up for the $125 charge on the card in a calendar year (see full terms).