| Last updated on October 26th, 2023
Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
- 20.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
A business and hotel credit card that leans heavily on earning points, the Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card takes care of your company costs while rewarding you at the same time. The card earns 6X points for every dollar spent with Marriott brands, 4X points at U.S. gas stations and worldwide restaurant purchases, as well as U.S.-based wireless service providers, when paying for shipping on U.S. purchases, or when booking flights directly with airlines, and 2X points for every other dollar spent.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 100,000 Bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points after spending $4,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 11/2/22
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy® program
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy® points) at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®. Certain hotels have resort fees
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card
- Terms apply.
- Regular Purchase APR: 20.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $125
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
- You own a small or mid-size business
- You want one of the more versatile business hotel credit card offers
- You frequently book stays at Marriott hotels worldwide
- You're looking for a hotel credit card and a business credit card that brings the best of both worlds together
- You make frequent business expenses with a credit card or use one for travel costs
Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card Review
The Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card kicks off your cardmember account with a monster welcome bonus after spending a few thousand dollars within the first three months. That’s enough to redeem for at least a couple of award night stays at participating Marriott hotels. And while the required spending amount is not exactly pocket change, it can bet met easily if you use your card for everyday business expenses, big and small.
How to Earn Rewards
Aside from the welcome offer, the Bonvoy Business card earns you Bonvoy points in a hurry practically anywhere you shop. Direct Marriott Bonvoy purchases on your card earn points at participating hotels earn 6X points per $1, so booking stays frequently – bet it for domestic or international business purposes – will maximize your gains. If you’re meeting a client for lunch or drive a company car, you’ll earn 4X points per dollar at restaurants worldwide and U.S. gas stations.
Wireless phone provider services and shipping expenses are also tiered at the 4X points per $1 rate. The card also earns 2X points on all other eligible purchases, which already puts this card ahead of other competitors, which normally earn 1X points or miles per $1 on most other purchases.
Introductory Points Welcome Offer
The card also comes with the potential of a special bonus Marriott Bonvoy points haul after meeting minimum spending requirements. New accounts can earn a massive haul of bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after using the card to meet minimum spending ewquirements in the first three months of card membership.
Other incentives included with the Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card range from 1 Free Night Award every year you reach your cardmember anniversary to complimentary Silver Elite status in the Bonvoy rewards program, which allows you to earn points in addition to those that come in as a result of your card’s transactions. You can also enjoy free Internet access at participating Marriott hotels and access.
How to Redeem
If you prefer not to redeem your points towards Marriott hotel stays, the Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card gives you the option to use them towards flights or car rentals via the Air+Car program. Your Bonvoy points can also be transferred to any of over three dozen partner frequent flyer programs, so if you have points accrued through a particular partner airline that you’re devoted to, it may be worthwhile to migrate your Bonvoy points to its loyalty program.
- PointSaver: PointSaver is a revolving list of Marriott properties and offers the best value for money, with increased discount rates. Redemptions with PointSaver start as low as 4,000 points for off-peak stays, 6,000 for regular stays, and 8,500 points for peak-season stays.
- Points: Points are the primary method of redemption with the Bonvoy program, with free nights starting at 5,000 points for off-peak stays at Category 1 properties, 7,500 for typical stays, and 10,000 for peak-season stays.
- Cash + Points: Cash + Points allows Bonvoy members to pay for part of their stay with points – paying the rest with cash. Redemptions using Cash + Points start as low as 1,500 points and $55.
Business Card Comparison
Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express Card
Revenued Business Card Visa®
BILL Divvy Corporate Card
|Earn 6X points at Marriott hotels, 4X on purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping, and 2X on everything else
|Earn 3% cash back on every purchase
|Earn up to 7X on dining purchases, up to 5X on hotels, up to 2X on recurring software subscriptions, and up to 1.5X on all other purchases
|7% discount rate, award night every account anniversary, Gold Elite status
|No credit check, Flex Line credit access, software integrations
|No contracts, no interest, seamless integrations
In regards to fees, the card predictably charges none for shopping outside the United States. For a hotel card with thousands of properties around the world, this waiver is expected. It does, however, charge an annual fee of $125. It may not be welcome, but it is a modest charge that can easily be offset by taking advantage of all the perks the Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card offers.
Just using your anniversary Free Night Award can compensate for the annual fee if you stay at a hotel whose nightly rate is over $125. This more than makes up for the $125 charge on the card in a calendar year.
American Express Ratings
How does Amex stack up as a card issuer? Here is a selection of reviews from experts and consumers:
Should You Apply for the Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card?
Business cards provide exceptional value only if you and your employees can recoup the annual fee with rewards, perks, and other features. Given the $125 annual fee with the Bonvoy Business Amex, that’s a fairly simple task. The card excels as a business hotel card, providing everything you expect from a versatile business credit card but without the bloat that can raise annual fees quickly – and this is especially true if you plan to issue multiple employee cards.
Overall, the points on offer from Amex’s Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card far exceed the modest yearly charge. Add a free anniversary night, and Bonvoy Silver Elite status for your employees, and the 7% discount will go a long way in making your employees’ travel a dream – and not a nightmare.
All information about the Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card has been collected independently by BestCards.com.
Browse Other Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.