Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on March 16th, 2021
Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card
Earn 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points And up to $150 Back
- 6X Marriott Bonvoy Points per $1 at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 4X points per $1 at U.S. restaurants, gas stations, wireless telephone services, and on shipping purchases
- 2X points on all other eligible purchases
- Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite Status
- 1 Free Night Award each year after cardmember anniversary
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $125
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
- 20% off sustainable products - Offer Expires on June 30, 2021 - See Details
- $25 off purchase of $250+ - Offer Expires on August 09, 2021 - See Details
- 20% off nail lamps - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- 40% off for 2 years - Offer Expires on March 12, 2022 - See Details
- 10% off your initial contract - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Get $100 off your first order - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Use Resy free through June 2021 - Offer Expires on June 30, 2021 - See Details
- 40% off for up to 12 months - Offer Expires on January 04, 2022 - See Details
- Up to 50% off FedEx shipping - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Earn up to $1500 in Snap Ad credit - Offer Expires on January 04, 2022 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
A business and hotel credit card that leans heavily on earning points, the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card takes care of your company costs while rewarding you at the same time.
The card earns 6 points for every dollar spent with Marriott brands, 4 points on gas and restaurant purchases within the U.S., as well as U.S.-based wireless service providers, when paying for shipping on U.S. purchases, or when booking flights directly with airlines, and 2 points for every other dollar spent.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Own a small or mid-size business
- Want one of the more versatile business hotel credit card offers
- Frequently book stays at Marriott hotels worldwide
- Are looking for a hotel credit card and a business credit card that brings the best of both worlds together
- Make frequent business expenses with a credit card or use one for travel costs
Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card Review
The Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card kicks off your cardmember account with a monster welcome bonus after spending a few thousand dollars within the first three months. That’s enough to redeem for at least a couple of free night stays at participating Marriott hotels. And while the required spending amount is not exactly pocket change, it can bet met easily if you use your card for everyday business expenses, big and small.
How to Earn Rewards
Aside from the signup offer, the Bonvoy Business card earns you Bonvoy points in a hurry practically anywhere you shop. Direct Marriott Bonvoy purchases on your card earn points at participating hotels earn 6 points per $1, so booking stays frequently – bet it for domestic or international business purposes – will maximize your gains. If you’re meeting a client for lunch or drive a company car, you’ll earn 4 points per dollar at U.S. restaurants and gas stations.
Wireless phone provider services and shipping expenses are also tiered at the 4 points per $1 rate. All other eligible purchases earn 2 points, which already puts this card ahead of other competitors, which normally earn 1 point or mile per $1 on most other purchases.
Other incentives included with the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card range from 1 Free Night Award every year you reach your cardmember anniversary to complimentary Silver Elite status in the Bonvoy rewards program, which allows you to earn points in addition to those that come in as a result of your card’s transactions. You can also enjoy free Internet access at participating Marriott hotels and access.
How to Redeem
If you prefer not to redeem your points towards Marriott hotel stays, the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card gives you the option to use them towards flights or car rentals via the Air+Car program. Your Bonvoy points can also be transferred to any of over three dozen partner frequent flyer programs, so if you have points accrued through a particular partner airline that you’re devoted to, it may be worthwhile to migrate your Bonvoy points to its loyalty program.
In regards to fees, the card predictably charges none for shopping outside the United States. For a hotel card with thousands of properties around the world, this waiver is expected. It does, however, charge an annual fee of $125. It may not be welcome, but it is a modest charge that can easily be offset by taking advantage of all the perks the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card offers.
Just using your anniversary Free Night Award can compensate for the annual fee if you stay at a hotel whose nightly rate is over $125. This more than makes up for the $125 charge on the card in a calendar year.
For more information on the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program, check out:
Should You Apply for the Marriott Bonvoy Business Card?
The Marriott Bonvoy Business Card is a solid business hotel card that provides exceptional earning potential to U.S.-based companies. Cardholders earn 6 points per dollar spent when they use their card to book stays at Marriott Bonvoy Hotels, 4 points with purchases at U.S. restaurants, gas stations, wireless providers, and shipping, and 2 points per dollar for all other purchases.
The points earning potential is boosted further by the intro bonus points offer. For businesses that provide employee cards, this is a very achievable goal. The welcome bonus points are enough to earn an additional free 10 off-peak nights at Category 1 Bonvoy properties, making the Business Bonvoy a potent travel tool, indeed.