| Last updated on September 28th, 2023
Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
- 20.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card is a rewarding hotel credit card for business owners that frequent Hilton hotels and resort. Small and mid-sized businesses will find it easy to earn points through regular business purchases and travel-related purchases on top of dining and U.S. gas stations.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 150,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points plus a Free Night Reward after you spend $4,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors Business Card within the first three months of Card Membership. Offer ends 7/19/23
- Earn Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card: 12X at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio, 6X at U.S. gas stations, on U.S. purchases for shipping, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, on flights booked directly with airlines or with Amex Travel, on car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies, and at U.S. restaurants, 3X on all other eligible purchases
- Enjoy complimentary Hilton Honors™ Gold Status with your Hilton Honors Business Card
- Earn a Free Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year
- Earn another Free Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend an additional $45,000 in purchases on your Card in the same calendar year
- Terms apply
- Regular Purchase APR: 20.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
- You primarily travel within the United States
- You want rewards for gas and dining purchases
- You have business expenditures of at least $60,000
- You frequently travel for business on multiple day trips that require lodging
Hilton Honors American Express Business Card Review
Business owners who want to build up serious Hilton Honors Bonus Points for everyday business expenses should consider the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card. Similar to their consumer version of the card, it offers competitive returns for Hilton purchases, enhanced membership status, plus a comprehensive list of office-related reward categories. The annual fee of $95 is not waived for the first year, but the generous welcome offer helps make up for that upfront cost.
How to Earn Points
New cardholders will earn a sizable welcome offer of 150,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after making $4,000 in purchases on the card in the first three months of membership.
Upcoming travel plans or business expenditures make meeting the spend requirement even more rewarding thanks to the numerous 6X reward categories:
|U.S. gas stations||U.S. shipping||U.S. restaurants|
|Flights booked directly with airlines or with Amex Travel||Car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies||Telephone services purchased directly from U.S. providers|
|*Terms & limitations apply|
Cardholders also earn the highest returns of 12X points per dollar spent on direct Hilton hotel and resort purchases, and 3x points per dollar on all other eligible purchases.
How to Redeem Hilton Points
The Hilton Honors program offers several lucrative redemption options. The easiest way to redeem points is by booking free night stays with participating Hilton properties. To book rewards nights, you’ll need to book the stay via the Hilton website or through the mobile app, and check the box labeled “Use Hilton Honors Points.” Cardholders can also transfer points to over 40 airline partners, including the following:
|AeroMexico||Air New Zealand||China Eastern Airlines||Ethiopian Airlines|
|AirAsia Big||All Nippon Airways||Delta Airlines||Eurowings|
|Air Canada||British Airways||Emirates||Eva Air|
|Air France||Cathay Pacific||Etihad||Hainan Airlines|
|Iberia||KLM||Qatar Airlines||Turkish Airlines|
|Japan Airlines||Korean Air||Saudi Airlines||United Airlines|
|Jet Airways||Malaysia Airlines||SAS Scandinavian Airlines||Virgin Atlantic|
|JetBlue||Qantas||Singapore Airlines||Virgin Australia|
Other redemption options include:
- Shopping: Honors points are redeemable towards merchandise through the dedicated Hilton Honors Shopping Mall, for gift certificates with some of the largest merchants in the world, or shopping with Amazon.
- Share or Pool Points: Hilton also allows members to either share their points with loved ones through gifting or pooling points with friends or family to help reach expensive redemption goals.
Related Article: The Ultimate Hilton Honors Program Guide
Other Card Features
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card has no foreign transaction fee, but since so many of the reward categories are tied to U.S. transactions, you might want to keep this one in your wallet when you travel abroad. Fortunately, business owners will have no shortage of opportunities to capitalize on the point earning capabilities when at home.
Businesses that have at least $60,000 in expenses will reap the most benefit of this card, as the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card offers several rewards for reaching higher spending thresholds (within a calendar year).
- $15,000 card spend = Free night reward
- $40,000 card spend = Diamond member status
- $60,000 card spend = Second free weeknight
American Express Ratings
Should You Apply for the Hilton Honors Amex Business Card?
Regardless of your company’s size or spending patterns, the Hilton Honors business card could easily serve as a primary business card. Complimentary perks that require no minimum spend include complimentary gold status as well as 10 passes to Priority Pass airport lounges – which on their own recoup the value of the annual fee. Small, mid-sized, and large companies alike will find the Hilton Honors Bonus Points to be worthwhile for anyone value-free hotel stay.
Browse Other Business Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.