Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on January 4th, 2022
Amazon Business Prime American Express Card
- Regular Purchase APR 15.74% to 23.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 26.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network American Express
- Eligible Prime Members get a $125 Amazon Gift Card upon approval for the Amazon Business Prime American Express Card
- Take advantage of 5% Back or 90 Day Terms on U.S. purchases at Amazon.com, Amazon Business, AWS and Whole Foods Market with an eligible Prime membership. You will earn 5% Back on the first $120,000 in purchases each calendar year, 1% Back thereafter
- 2% Back at U.S. restaurants, U.S. gas stations, and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers
- 1% Back on other purchases
- $0 Annual Fee
- Back your business with the broad selection of Amazon and the service of American Express. Stay focused on your top business priorities, knowing we're behind you
- With rewards that don't expire, you choose when to redeem. Redeem rewards on millions of items during checkout at Amazon.com and Amazon Business (U.S.) or apply towards a purchase on your statement
- Terms apply
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.74% to 23.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 26.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: EIther $5 of 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
At a Glance
The Amazon Business Prime American Express Card offers flexibility when choosing your perks, and its numerous business-focused tools make it a trusty companion for the owner of any small-to-medium-sized-business.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are a small business owner
- Frequently shop or run you business via Amazon.com and Whole Foods
- Have an eligible Prime membership
- Make regular expenses and need a business credit card to make the process faster and easier to manage
- Are looking to get some money back for your purchases
- Want complimentary employee cards
Amazon Business Prime American Express Card Review
The Amazon Business Prime American Express Card wants to be your go-to payment form, whether you’re covering regular expenses or funding a conference trip. The card is useful regardless of what you purchase with it, as you’ll earn rewards back of every transaction.
If you dine at restaurants or fill your gas tank in the United States, you’ll get 2% back. That rate also applies to wireless telephone services, so it’ll literally pay to have this card on file if you’re using company phones. Many other eligible purchases with the Amazon Business Credit Card will still earn you 1% back, so unless you have another card that would net you a higher reward amount, you can still turn to the Amazon Business Prime card.
Choose Your Preferred Option
This Amazon Prime Business credit card’s most beneficial feature is also its standout perk: The ability to choose between a 5% back rewards rate or 90 days interest-free on purchases at select Amazon portals.
5% Back w/ Amazon
Should you select the former, you’ll earn 5% back on expenses at Amazon.com, Amazon Business, Amazon Web Services, and even Whole Foods Market. That 5% back applies to the first $120,000 in purchases at Amazon.com and Whole Foods, plus all other Amazon services purchased.
Cardholders also earn 2% back on U.S. purchases at restaurants, gas stations and wireless phone services purchased directly from service providers, and 1% back on all other qualifying purchases.
90-Day Interest Free
If you opt for the 90-day terms, you’ll get some breathing room without incurred interest if you need to make a substantial transaction that would require an extended time period to pay off (terms apply). Either way, you and your business can profit – it’s just a matter of selecting the incentive that best matches your situation. It’s important to note, however, that you’ll need an Amazon Prime membership to reap the above-mentioned rewards. Otherwise, you’ll only be eligible for the Amazon Business American Express Card.
Should You Apply for the Amazon Business Prime American Express Card?
For those who love instant gratification, the Amazon Prime American Express Card will satisfy by giving newly-approved card members a $125 Amazon.com gift card, which they can either use for overhead costs or simply to treat themselves. Applicants overall will also be pleased to know that this card does not carry an annual fee and can also be used internationally without the worry of foreign transaction fees – which only makes sense, as it’s common for businesses to operate on an international level.
Digging deeper into the Amazon card benefits, cardmembers will discover a thorough suite of financial tools to streamline expense management. Spend Manager℠ allows you to stay organized and prepared by attaching notes and receipts to every purchase. You can also seamlessly connect your card to Quickbooks® for an alternate way to document your purchases. And for maximum transparency, Amazon provides powerful insights that allow you to keep track of every single item purchased by you or your employers via the same account.