Last updated on September 8th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Amazon Business American Express Card
Amazon Business American Express Card
- 19.49% to 27.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
Choosing the right business rewards credit card can be difficult. The Amazon Business American Express Card rewards business owners with a percentage back in rewards and the ability to choose between a higher earning rate or an interest-free period.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Get a $100 Amazon Gift Card upon approval for the Amazon Business American Express Card
- Take advantage of 3% Back or 60 Day Terms on U.S. purchases at Amazon.com, Amazon Business, AWS and Whole Foods Market. You will earn 3% Back on the first $120,000 in purchases each calendar year, 1% Back thereafter
- 2% Back at U.S. restaurants, U.S. gas stations, and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers
- 1% Back on other purchases
- $0 Annual Fee
- Back your business with the broad selection of Amazon and the service of American Express. Stay focused on your top business priorities, knowing we're behind you
- With rewards that do't expire, you choose when to redeem. Redeem rewards on millions of items during checkout at Amazon.com and Amazon Business (U.S.) or apply towards a purchase on your statement
- Terms apply
- Regular Purchase APR: 19.49% to 27.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
- You own or operate a small or medium-sized business
- You have an Amazon account and make a considerable amount of business expenses via the Amazon shopping platforms
- You're looking to get rewards for regular purchases for your business
- You need a centralized hub to organize and reconcile your transactions
- You're looking for a business credit card with no annual or foreign transaction fees
Amazon Business American Express Card Review
The Amazon Business American Express Card is designed to make running your business easier and more efficient, especially if Amazon plays a considerable role in it.
The Amazon Business Visa doesn’t earn you Amazon points. The card earns you a percentage back of every purchase, through its standout incentive offers you the choice of either 3% back on purchases within various Amazon platforms, or 60 days without interest to pay off expenses that require an extra bit of time or multiple payments (terms apply). If you opt for the 3% back, you’ll earn it when you shop at Amazon Business, Amazon Web Services, Amazon.com, and even Whole Foods Market.
Those looking for a longer interest-free period should consider the Amazon prime Business Card from Amex. The card, which requires an eligible Business Prime membership, offers the option of 5% back on the first $120,000 in purchases at Amazon.com, AWS, or Whole Foods each year, or 90 days of interest-free financing.
Outside of Amazon, you’ll get 2% back on purchases at restaurants and gas stations in the U.S. with the Amazon Business Credit Card, as well as wireless phone services from U.S. providers. All other eligible purchases earn 1% back, so regardless of where you’re covering costs for your company, you’re getting rewarded.
Comprehensive Business Tools
The Amazon Business American Express Card does more than help you take care of overhead, though. Your account grants you access to a comprehensive suite of tools that make managing expenses a breeze. From detailed item-by-item insights in your online statement to Quickbooks® connectivity to the ability to append receipts to purchase records via Spend Manager℠, you’re able to reconcile all your purchases so that no transaction is unaccounted for.
Other Notable Features
Other notable features of the Amazon Business American Express Card include no annual or foreign transaction fees, so you can take your plastic with you and use it overseas at will. You can also do your shopping at Amazon.com or Amazon.com/Business and use your accrued points to cover part of the entire total amount.
Plus, as soon as you’re approved for the card, you’re given a $100 Amazon.com gift card, which you can use towards a business expense or a personal splurge.
Note that you’ll need an Amazon account to get the most out of this card – it doesn’t make much sense to apply for it without one. If you have an Amazon Prime membership, it may make more sense to step up to the Amazon Business Prime American Express Card. It offers the same set of benefits plus a higher maximum rewards rate of 5% back or 90 interest-free days for you to choose from.
Should You Apply for the Amazon Business American Express Card?
Overall, the Amazon Business American Express Card is an excellent option for companies that want to earn rewards with Amazon, but aren’t worried about lacking an eligible Prime membership.
Prime members, however, should carefully consider the Amazon Business Prime American Express Card. That card provides better earning potential for Prime members at Amazon.com and Whole Foods. The card especially makes sense for any small business that makes purchases at Amazon business sites.