Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 5th, 2021
Amazon Business American Express Card
Get a $100 Amazon.com Gift Card & $100 Statement Credit
- Choose between getting 3% cash back or 60 interest-free purchases on Amazon-related purchases
- 2% back on purchases at U.S. restaurants, U.S. gas stations, and on wireless telephone services
- 1% back on all other purchases
- Receive $100 Amazon.com gift card upon getting approved for an account
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
- 33% off a monthly subscription - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- 50% off for up to 12 months - Offer Expires on January 03, 2022 - See Details
- Spend $125 or more, get $25 back. Up to 2 times (total of $50). - Offer Expires on May 07, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $25 or more, get $5 back - Offer Expires on May 07, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $100 or more, get $30 back - Offer Expires on June 20, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $150 or more, get $30 back - Offer Expires on April 29, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $50 or more, get $10 back - Offer Expires on May 01, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $250 or more, get $50 back - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $75 or more, get $15 back - Offer Expires on May 09, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $100 or more, get $25 back - Offer Expires on May 01, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
Choosing the right business rewards credit card can be difficult. The Amazon Business American Express Card rewards business owners with a percentage back in rewards and the ability to choose between a higher earning rate or an interest-free period.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Own or operate a small or medium-sized business
- Have an Amazon account and make a considerable amount of business expenses via the Amazon shopping platforms
- Are looking to get rewards for regular purchases for your business
- Need a centralized hub to organize and reconcile your transactions
- Are looking for a business credit card with no annual or foreign transaction fees
Amazon Business American Express Card Review
Amazon offers a store card from Synchrony. But, does the site have an open-loop card from any other credit card issuer?
Many people wonder, “Does Amazon have a business credit card?” Well, fortunately for those wondering, yes they do. The Amazon Business American Express Card is designed to make running your business easier and more efficient, especially if Amazon plays a considerable role in it.
The Amazon Business Visa doesn’t earn you Amazon or Chase points. The card earns you a percentage back of every purchase, through its standout incentive offers you the choice of either 3% back on purchases within various Amazon platforms, or 60 days without interest to pay off expenses that require an extra bit of time or multiple payments. If you opt for the 3% back, you’ll earn it when you shop at Amazon Business, Amazon Web Services, Amazon.com, and even Whole Foods Market.
Outside of Amazon, you’ll get 2% back on purchases at restaurants and gas stations in the U.S. with the Amazon Business Credit Card, as well as wireless phone services from U.S. providers. All other eligible purchases earn 1% back, so regardless of where you’re covering costs for your company, you’re getting rewarded.
Comprehensive Business Tools
The Amazon Business American Express Card does more than help you take care of overhead, though. Your account grants you access to a comprehensive suite of tools that make managing expenses a breeze. From detailed item-by-item insights in your online statement to Quickbooks® connectivity to the ability to append receipts to purchase records via Spend Manager℠, you’re able to reconcile all your purchases so that no transaction is unaccounted for.
Other Notable Features
Other notable features of the Amazon Business American Express Card include no annual or foreign transaction fees, so you can take your plastic with you and use it overseas at will. You can also do your shopping at Amazon.com or Amazon.com/Business and use your accrued points to cover part of the entire total amount.
Plus, as soon as you’re approved for the card, you’re given a $100 Amazon.com gift card, which you can use towards a business expense or a personal splurge.
Note that you’ll need an Amazon account to get the most out of this card – it doesn’t make much sense to apply for it without one. If you have an Amazon Prime membership, it may make more sense to step up to the Amazon Business Prime American Express Card. It offers the same set of benefits plus a higher maximum rewards rate of 5% back or 90 interest-free days for you to choose from.
Should You Apply for the Amazon Business American Express Card?
Overall, the Amazon Business American Express Card is an excellent option for companies that want to earn rewards with Amazon, but aren’t worried about lacking an eligible Prime membership.
Prime members, however, should carefully consider the Amazon Business Prime American Express Card. That card provides better earning potential for Prime members at Amazon.com and Whole Foods. The card especially makes sense for any small business that makes purchases at Amazon business sites.