Last updated on July 18th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
TD Aeroplan Visa Signature® Credit Card
TD Aeroplan Visa Signature® Credit Card
- 15.74%, 20.74% or 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 15.74%, 20.74% or 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- 2X Aeroplan miles on Air Canada net purchases
- 1X Aeroplan miles on all other net purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee for the first year
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.74%, 20.74% or 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.74%, 20.74% or 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever isgreater
- Annual Fee: $0 annual fee the first year, $95 each year thereafter
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
At a Glance
The TD Aeroplan Visa Signature® Credit Card is a co-branded airline rewards card with Air Canada that offers cardholders 2 Aeroplan miles for every dollar they spend with Air Canada and 1 Aeroplan mile for every other dollar spent. Miles earned are applicable towards flights with Air Canada or another Star Alliance carrier, hotel stays, rental car bookings, or many other great rewards. The card features no annual fee for the first year, followed by a $95 fee after that, as well as no foreign transaction fees.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently fly with Air Canada
- Plan to make at least $1,000 in purchases on the card within the first 90 days
- Would like a rewards plan that offers flexibility with redeeming miles
- Don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees
TD Aeroplan Visa Signature® Credit Card Review
The TD Aeroplan Visa Signature® Credit Card is an airline reward credit card geared towards those who frequently book their travel through Air Canada. The card offers an impressive initial bonus to new cardholders of 25,000 Aeroplan miles when they spend $1,000 on net purchases within the first 90 days of opening their account. Cardholders earn 2 miles for every dollar they spend with Air Canada and 1 mile for every other purchase.
Aeroplan is Air Canada’s frequent flyer program, with miles earned redeemable for flights with Air Canada or any member of the Star Alliance of airlines, of which Air Canada is a member. The Star Alliance offers service to well over 1,000 destinations worldwide – meaning miles earned pack a serious punch. Aeroplan miles are also applicable towards merchandise with partner retailers, hotel stays, car rentals, activities and experiences, and much more.
Beyond the rewards, the TD Aeroplan Visa Signature® Credit Card features no annual fee for the first year, followed by a $95 for every year after that. While the annual fee isn’t the highest in the airline rewards category, it isn’t on the low end either. Fortunately, the great rewards – and no foreign transaction fees – make up for it.
The APRs for purchases and balance transfers with the TD Aeroplan Visa Signature® Credit Card is competitive with other similar offerings from other lenders, with a typical APR of around 15% for those with exceptional credit – though, as with all cards, APR varies depending on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate.
Cardholders can also expect the suite of protections and customer service that comes with a Visa Signature® card, including 24/7 exclusive concierge service, exclusive access to advance ticket sales, baggage and rental car protections when they use their TD Aeroplan Visa Signature® Credit Card, and more. For world travelers, Visa also offers Global Assistance, which provides a dedicated account service for members where they can access emergency travel, medical, or financial assistance and coordination.
For more information on the Oneworld Alliance, check out: